Football Programmes Centre

Pre - season friendlies
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pre - season friendlies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:51 pm 
Post subject: Pre - season friendlies

I like the Woody Allen story Tynie His response to an early request for an autograph went something like this: " Dear Madam, thank you so much for your kind words. Unfortunately l am unable to send you an autograph as l have yet to develop one ..Hopefully the enclosed photograph will do for the time being."
Five and In

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:13 pm 

Another good story about autographs.

At the end of the 90's/early 2000's Mike Tyson came to London and was mobbed in Brixton and brought other parts of London to a standstill.
An artist I knew at the time had painted a superb portrait of him and waited outside his hotel hoping to get it signed.
While waiting, he showed it to one of Tyson's security team.
A little while later, the artist was pulled from the crowd and taken to Tyson's hotel room.
Tyson sat chatting with him for over an hour, signed the painting, gave him a signed boxing glove, gave him tickets to the press conference the following day and even commissioned a painting for himself.

Decent Mike doesn't have the same ring as Iron Mike the bad boy, but another classy operator with fans.

PS - His autobiography remains one of the best I have read in recent years.
AJLFC85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:12 pm 
Post subject:

Malvern Town 0-2 Gloucester City.

My first pre season last night nice to be back. Edji Mbunga the former Birmingham City player now playing for Gloucester City really impressed me last night and got on the scoresheet.

Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:36 pm 

Tonight , just watched a pre- season FRlENDLY under -12s game.Nearly a fight on the touchline between some of the parents.The kids on the pitch couldn't believe it. Unbelievable! Has the world gone crazy?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: