Football Programmes Centre

The Manchester League
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Manchester League

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:09 pm 
Post subject: The Manchester League

I have been asked to try and find any collectors especially those of Bury, Bolton Wanderers, Rochdale, Oldham Athletic, Manchester City, Manchester United, Stockport County, Macclesfield Town who may have any programmes or any memorabilia appertaining to their club's playing in the Manchester League[A team type matches], also collectors of any Non League teams who may have played matches in the Manchester League such as Droylesdon, Newton Heath Loco, Ashton United, Buxton, Glossop, Hazel Grove, Hyde United, Lancashire Steel, Leek Town, Miles Platting, Mirlees,New Mills, Radcliffe Boro, Taylor Brothers, Ward Street Old Boys, Ball Haye Green, Avro, Goslings, ICI, Mossley Common, Staylebridge Celtic, Tydesley, Urmston, Prescot Cables between 1946-7 and 1954-5.

If you have anything at all that fits into that period or outside of those years where it is likely the non league clubs may have participated longer perhaps.

Anyone who gets in touch with something to offer I will simply pass you on to the person who is handling it all.

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Cantona93

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:36 am 
Post subject:

This is certainly a niche collecting area Leslie.

I doubt there will be too many spare items around for the mystery collector to acquire but you never know especially if he's prepared to pay top dollar.

I have one or two involving United. [/quote]
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:45 am 
Post subject:

Cantona93 wrote:
This is certainly a niche collecting area Leslie.

I doubt there will be too many spare items around for the mystery collector to acquire but you never know especially if he's prepared to pay top dollar.

I have one or two involving United.
[/quote]

This has nothing to do with other collectors selling or being propositioned, I have been asked to try and find collectors from other clubs who may have some items, NOT that in most cases they are willing to sell but to simply be willing to come forward & let the images be used.

Therefore, perhaps I have not been clear as the people involved in this matter are the Manchester League themselves as their 125th Anniversary is approaching next year. I have agreed to allow whatever imagery they need for anything that I have and they are looking to discuss with the National Football Museum about the possibility of having a display there in 2018.

So I will now say if anyone has anything appertaining to the Manchester League then let me know, so Gary if what you have is different to anything I would already have if it involves MU, then let me know & I will forward to you the details of the person involved who has made the request to me in the first place and you can discuss with them if you are willing to allow them to use your material.

Same applies to all other collectors if you have something that you think is pertinent let me know and I will pass you on to the chap directly.

Lastly, when it comes to paying "top dollar" for anything then as a testament to that point you only have to view my website, of course I do not get everything I ever went after, but I got quite a bit and if I never acquired another item ever again I would be more than satisfied with what I have managed to find since I had to sell up in 2000 and start all over again with next to nothing for the 3rd time. Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!

Last edited by manchesterunitedman1 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:33 pm 
Post subject:

67/8 Chadderton v Altrincham reserves, 67/8 Manchester Northern v Nantwich Town are the two oldest issues I have. Both Manchester Premier League fixtures.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:39 am 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:
67/8 Chadderton v Altrincham reserves, 67/8 Manchester Northern v Nantwich Town are the two oldest issues I have. Both Manchester Premier League fixtures.

PM has been sent to you Steve. Wave

SeasideMark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:07 pm 
Post subject:

Leslie - I have 67/8 Manchester Northern v Curzon Amateurs, Glossopians v Flixton 76/7 and Greater Manchester Police v Prestwich 1991/2 if they are of any help?
Hwyl, Mark Thumbs Up
Shotsman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:54 pm 
Post subject: manchester league

I can offer up Droylsden v Aston - Ashton challenge cup 1952 / 53
Glossop v Lomax 1953/54
Shotsman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:06 pm 

Glossop v Lomax 1953/54
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:15 pm 
Post subject:

SeasideMark wrote:
Leslie - I have 67/8 Manchester Northern v Curzon Amateurs, Glossopians v Flixton 76/7 and Greater Manchester Police v Prestwich 1991/2 if they are of any help?
Hwyl, Mark Thumbs Up

Hi Mark

If you want to send the scans of these items to me I can send them on or if you want to send them directly to the chap up to you-let me know-ok
Leslie

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:16 pm 
Post subject: Re: manchester league

Shotsman wrote:
Glossop v Lomax 1953/54

If you want to send the scans on to me or send them directly to the chap let me know-ok.

Leslie

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:47 am 

Shotsman wrote:
Glossop v Lomax 1953/54

Hi

can you send a scan of the cover to the email address below and I will forward them on-thank you. Wave

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:48 am 
Post subject:

SeasideMark wrote:
Hwyl, Mark Thumbs Up

Hi

can you send a scan of the cover to the email address below and I will forward them on-thank you. Wave

hydemaine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:06 pm 
Post subject:

Leslie,

email sent with scanned attachment.

Dave.
MaccProgrammesWanted

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:09 am 
Post subject:

Hi Leslie,

I have the below team sheet vs stockport 'A' from 1948. Feel free to pass this on.

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:00 am 
Post subject:

MaccProgrammesWanted wrote:
Hi Leslie,

I have the below team sheet vs stockport 'A' from 1948. Feel free to pass this on.

Hi Many Thanks, what a great item but can you send it to me at my email address below as I want to forward it along with all your details-ok

Many Thanks

Wave

MaccProgrammesWanted

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:15 am 
Post subject:

Hi Leslie,

No problem, found a few more, will send these over via email!

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:19 am 
Post subject:

MaccProgrammesWanted wrote:
Hi Leslie,

No problem, found a few more, will send these over via email!

Hi Matt

Many Thanks

Your email and the 4 images have all been forwarded on.

Wave

Shotsman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:48 pm 

Apologies for the delay but my scanner is not playing
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:39 am 

Shotsman wrote:
Apologies for the delay but my scanner is not playing

No Problem-I have a spare one going cheap if u want! Laughing

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: