Football Programmes Centre

manchesterunitedman1 hits 6 million views on Flickr
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
manchesterunitedman1 hits 6 million views on Flickr
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:11 am 
Post subject: 9 million views on flickr

Hello Everyone

Many Thanks for the kind words and you are correct Roy it is hard work scanning page after page and then getting together a whole group of items and maybe sometimes not uploading for weeks but building up a "back catalogue"

Also Tynie confirms my thoughts regarding the values-does not have to be expensive stuff, can be anything even if it is worth a few pence as my belief is that each item is a piece of a jigsaw puzzle that may well fit in with something similar years later so it gives a simple item some depth.

Match ticket-programme-newspaper clippings-odd press photo-badge-menu-railway handbill and before you know it there is a mini collection created and it could have been years in between finding this bits and bobs.

Of course people want to see the important items as well and that is ok but the strange thing is that the image I have the most views which is over 18,000 does not involve United but a match played at Old Trafford. https://flic.kr/p/6dV5h6

I have not uploaded too many new items of late but starting next week I intend to have a bit of a push.

Once again thank you for all the positive comments as this is what makes this forum what it is, live and let live with no more of those nasty comments.

Onwards and upwards now 993k short of the next million!

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:58 am 
Post subject:

Nice one Leslie. Here's to your next million.
andy1966

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:44 pm 
Post subject:

Leslie,
Fantastic collection and site, over 9 million views is incredible. I am at lust shy of 580,000 views of my Everton collection, don't suppose I will get anywhere near your numbers. As others have said, a great collection and more importantly a great collector, you have always been happy to help me when I have needed some info.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: