Football Programmes Centre

manchesterunitedman1 hits 6 million views on Flickr
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
manchesterunitedman1 hits 6 million views on Flickr
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:25 pm 
Post subject: manchesterunitedman1 hits 6 million views on Flickr

With just over 11,000 actual images tonight my flickr site has managed to obtain 6 million views, an achievement I am very proud off!.

1000' more items to be uploaded in time but you can see the latest at www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/ or if you wish to see the entire collection all at one time then it is www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets

Wave

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:12 pm 
Post subject:

Well done Leslie!

I was at the National Football Museum this week, first time I've been there since it move from Preston a good few years ago. Saw a display of stuff to do with Billy Meredith, and at the bottom was your credit and your website URL. Did make me smile seeing your name which I know from on here!
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:13 am 
Post subject:

It's not often I congratulate anyone connected with your club, but well done mate! A fantastic acheivement! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:33 am 
Post subject:

Well played Leslie, I love looking at your treasure.

I also think you're a true gentleman of our hobby.
hydemaine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:18 am 
Post subject: well done

Well done Leslie.

And thanks for all the advice over the years.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:06 am 
Post subject:

Congratulations Leslie. Smile

However, Manchester United have over 250 million worldwide supporters.

Sheffield United have about 100,000 worldwide, and I've got over 1,000,000 views, so pull your finger out because in comparison you're way behind Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:47 am 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:
Congratulations Leslie. Smile

However, Manchester United have over 250 million worldwide supporters.

Sheffield United have about 100,000 worldwide, and I've got over 1,000,000 views, so pull your finger out because in comparison you're way behind Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I wish I had access to the 650 million[not 250!] then you would see some higher figures, but the facts are that not many are that interested unless it is topical and from the last couple or 3 years-if I was showing Ronaldo's nickers or giggsy's sweaty training shorts I would have 30 million but in reality not many give a hoot about the clubs history, as let's face it the majority of those alleged hundreds of millions only think the club has been in the Premier League since 1992 probably + 99% have never been or will ever go to see United at OT-armchair warriors-Man U till I die nonsense! and as that is the case for Man U then it follows with other club's who have not won anywhere near as much say these past 20 years-but that's fitba fer ye! Wave
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:45 pm 
Post subject:

Nice one, your dedication deserves it. Thumbs Up
Davee59

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:27 pm 
Post subject:

Well done Les, despite the Blades cutting remarks that is a great landmark. Here's to the next 6 million!!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:57 pm 
Post subject: Leslie Millman's Flickr Site hits 9 Million-on to the next!!

Davee59 wrote:
Well done Les, despite the Blades cutting remarks that is a great landmark. Here's to the next 6 million!!

I do not know about another 6 million Davee59, but last night I hit the 9 million mark.

When it was 6 million I had 11,500 images uploaded but now there are just shy of 13,700 images.

One or two forum members have uploaded even more than that so it is great to see the variety on flickr that is held by so many.

I recommend everyone to open a flickr account and scan away-no need to put lots on just do it for your pleasure and if the bug bites then bite back and add bit more, I started dabbling in 2007 adding nothing much until 2009 and since then a contstant stream of items from recent-modern to antique-it does not matter what you put on as every item tells a story of your club and value per item is not important.

One more thing, I mentioned the Football Programme Covers site and there was a decent upsurge a while ago, but very little since then-so why not take a look if you are a flickr account holder and if you are not then as I say join up perhaps then you can use the programme cover site and if you do not want to join up then just visit and see over 29,000 programme covers https://flic.kr/g/7MMVT

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:12 am 
Post subject:

Well played Leslie, that is quite the milestone mate.

Mind you, I'm on 53k views now, so I'll be expecting to overtake you shortly ...

Smile

Seriously though, it is very addictive, and a nice community of like-minded people. I've really enjoyed looking at other people's "treasure" and admiring it as I've encountered them.
I'm amazed I've had the views I've had to be honest, I didn't think anybody bar me would bother looking at Newport County stuff, but I'm chuffed others have taken the time to look at it.

I wish I'd joined ages ago now.

(I have just shy of 2,300 images btw, which shows how carried away I've got)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:52 am 
Post subject:

I don’t really have any idea how many have looked at my page as I’m not a “PRO” so therefore don’t get any stats, but it really is only for my own benefit anyway to have a visual record of what I have which also comes in very handy for insurance purposes should the worst happen (that’s why I started it, so I had a record of the more valuable items in the collection, but its kinda mushroomed). If people enjoy having a wee look then all the better.

It does get addictive and I find myself loading more and more images when time allows, even of things that are not really of any value other than to me. I’ve also encouraged one or two others to give it a go, it’s really great to see other collections.

As Leslie keeps saying, why hide your collection away, show it off, regardless of whether it’s worth 99p or £99k.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:43 am 
Post subject:

Yes I too wasn't worried about nor expecting many views Tynie, like you I created it purely for my own benefit.
It's a great 'checklist' when making sure you're not bidding on something you already own (we've all done it, haven't we?), as well as very pleasurable flicking through and admiring what you have amassed and put together.

I hadn't considered the possibility of it also being good for insurance purposes, but that's a great point.

Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:56 am 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:
I hadn't considered the possibility of it also being good for insurance purposes, but that's a great point.

That is where it all started, my household insurers confirmed that the collection is covered under my contents insurance as long as no single item is over a certain value, and they also recommended I keep a record of what I have (we all have that anyway) with values, plus a photographic record of the higher value items. That’s what got me using Flickr. I also have scans of the insurers letters hidden from public viewing in one of the folders, just in case. Hopefully never needed.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:15 am 
Post subject:

Yes it's certainly an added benefit that I hadn't considered.

One small thing that is niggling me, I have to log in everytime I visit my site, as I can't find any option that "keeps you logged in on this computer" like other sites.

Am I missing something?

Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:35 pm 
Post subject:

I seem to stay logged in fine.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:22 pm 
Post subject: Re: manchesterunitedman1 hits 6 million views on Flickr

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
With just over 11,000 actual images tonight my flickr site has managed to obtain 6 million views, an achievement I am very proud off!.

1000' more items to be uploaded in time but you can see the latest at www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/ or if you wish to see the entire collection all at one time then it is www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets

Wave

Your not number 1 for nothing.
Congratulations Leslie.

Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow (1 for every million)

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
atletico

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:46 pm 
Post subject:

Congratulations manchesterunitedman1 Easy

I'm currently scanning all my Aston Villa collection, up to 1970 so far so only another 30 odd years to go.
Superblue

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:59 pm 
Post subject:

Congratulations Leslie, I always enjoy viewing your photos, keep up the good work. Thumbs Up

Kyle
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135035936@N02/albums
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:53 am 
Post subject: Manchesterunitedman 1 hits 9 million views on Flickr.

9 million views! If I was being interviewed on TV I would say " that's unbelievable Jeff!"

Well done Leslie, that is some record, and an indication of the hard work that has gone into it has been appreciated by us guys plus all the others out there in the footballing world.

So I add my congratulations as well.

Thumbs Up

Roy.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: