Football Programmes Centre

How I store my collection
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How I store my collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ntw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:16 pm 
Post subject:

Oh, and also forgot to add a request to my (rather long) last message.

I'm in the process of re-housing the rest of my collection. Cost means that the non-Warrington items have gone into plain box files, but I am going to get some more folders done, to house the rest of my Wire stuff: this is things like tickets, cards, photos, etc.

I'm after advice on how to store the tickets and cards mainly. In line with what I've already done, these need to ultimately go into the folders, so need to either be punched already, or be able to slip into pockets that are punched - but how do people store their cards and tickets? My initial search on-line suggests that you can get 'postcard' sleeves that look like they might work for tickets, and I think I might be able to find something for cards, but wondered if anyone had any recommendations, or advice on how to deal with varying sizes, and such issues. The biggest issue I have is how to deal with season tickets. Any help appreciated Smile

And I'll post final pics of the whole set-up once I've got these done
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:42 pm 
Post subject:

I use cigarette card albums from The London Cigarette Card company for my cigarette cards, trade cars, postcards, and other random cards. It's not perfect, but there are a variety of pocket types for all sizes, and there are smart slipcases. Personally I like them but accept not everyone will agree,

Thanks for such a detailed earlier post by the way.
ntw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:49 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
I use cigarette card albums from The London Cigarette Card company for my cigarette cards, trade cars, postcards, and other random cards. It's not perfect, but there are a variety of pocket types for all sizes, and there are smart slipcases. Personally I like them but accept not everyone will agree,

Cheers Dorking. I can't see on their website the size of the sleeves; are they A4-ish (c. 300*240mm if you addi in spine/punched hole strip - or at they not punched)?
tackler7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:25 pm 
Post subject:

When you had the binders made up did you include sleeves/pages for every fixture that season even if you didn't have the programme, to allow for you to fill in later, or just the same number of sleeves/pages as you had programmes?

Cheers.
ntw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:49 pm 
Post subject:

tackler7 wrote:
When you had the binders made up did you include sleeves/pages for every fixture that season even if you didn't have the programme, to allow for you to fill in later, or just the same number of sleeves/pages as you had programmes?

Cheers.

I've included empty pockets for those I'm missing post-war: only 41 though, so not too big a difference, and only 1945/6 that it matters for - it's the width of the folder that I needed to get this right for. For the pre-war the 100 or so that I have fit into 2 folders, but I'vefuture proofed this by just have a Vol I & Vol II, so I'll just add to these as the collection (hopefully!) expands.

If any new discoveries are made I can deal with this, as I can remove the posts, add a new pocket in where relevant, and return the posts. It's only likely to be the odd one where this happens (e.g. postponed game that I didn't know had a prog, or colour/printer variation to one I already have), so there shouldn't be an issue with file width if this happens.
tackler7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:00 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks. I am very tempted but need to save up!
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:52 pm 
Post subject:

ntw wrote:
Dorking wrote:

Cheers Dorking. I can't see on their website the size of the sleeves; are they A4-ish (c. 300*240mm if you addi in spine/punched hole strip - or at they not punched)?

I dont use the A4 ones, I use the cigarette card ones, they are wide but not very tall.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:14 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
ntw wrote:
Dorking wrote:

I dont use the A4 ones, I use the cigarette card ones, they are wide but not very tall.

I'm guessing they're the same shape / size as these that I use for Cigarette & Pinnace Cards Dorking? ...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:27 pm 
Post subject:

Those are them Easy
Jamesy1926

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:30 pm 
Post subject:

Does anyone know here I can get some cheap 4 ring 60mm+ binders?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: