Football Programmes Centre

Jentel Packing Charges
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Jentel Packing Charges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stfcprogman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:20 pm 
Post subject: Jentel Packing Charges

As I believe has been mentioned before, how can the company that posts items on behalf of Stacey's Auctions be allowed to get away with daylight robbery with their charges for postage and packing. I was charged a few pence short of £10 for a recorded second class envelope up to 100g which cost £1.86 to actually post. Plus a bit for the envelope, should have been say £2.50. Would have expected £3 but not over 3 times this amount. This is an absolute rip off and puts you off using this auction site again.
kenners46

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:18 pm 
Post subject:

I'm doing a day out with the family to Southend next week so will collect my bits on the way there
DySporting

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:33 pm 
Post subject:

Last time I bought anything from Staceys I posted my own envelope out and signed a disclaimer saying I took responsibility. I refused point blank to pay the rip off prices which Jentel quote.
andy1966

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:42 pm 
Post subject:

You have to take this into account when bidding surely. I was charged the best part of £10 for a single programme, second class. It actually arrived quicker than expected. Not happy with the charges but we know it in advance of bidding.
DySporting

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:47 pm 
Post subject:

If you’ve not used Stacey’s before then you might not realise. I’ve sorted my own postage many a time, usually far easier and cost effective
gatfb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:02 pm 
Post subject:

I made a couple of token gesture bids but unless it is something I really want i can't be bothered to mess about anymore with people that do not guarantee in house postage.
capetown3673

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:03 pm 
Post subject:

I have give up on auctions, too many add ons plus extortionate postal charges and for the common man very little chance of getting something you want at a reasonable price.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:19 pm 
Post subject:

I've never bought anything from an auction house in twenty years of collecting.
Nor would I.
They should be wearing striped jerseys and a mask in my opinion.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
matt blue

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:39 am 
Post subject:

I'm fairly lucky to have family within 10 miles of the said auction house....the charges are simply shocking

Take a look at my work in progress !!
CNSOBU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:52 am 
Post subject:

Undoubtedly a rip off but they are a business; I guess like many businesses they structure costs around 'labour' and possibly look at costing per hour or half hour (min wage is £7.50 but there is also holiday pay / sickness pay / NI contributions to factor in).

As they aren't classed as an in-house packing company I was going to add they probably have collection costs. I checked their web site and their address is 37 Websters Way, Rayleigh, Essex.

Stacey's Auction rooms are, I know you've guessed, 37 Websters Way, Rayleigh, Essex.

No comment or analysis needed.

Sportingold have always been transparent about costs and offer a good service. When buying from them I just tell them to add on the costs to my invoice rather than having a quote as I know they are honest. I have also found Wessex Auction and Mullocks to be good in the past (but haven't had anything posted recently).

As others have said above, always check postage costs, and commission rates, so you don't get that 'I've been mugged' feeling.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: