Football Programmes Centre

Help identifying programme
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Help identifying programme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roverssue

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:34 pm 
Post subject: Help identifying programme

Hi can anyone help with the value of this Blackburn Rovers progrmme

hibernian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:03 pm 
Post subject:

Looks like a photocopy to me, apologies if I'm off the mark.
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:17 pm 
Post subject:

How about offering some advice rather than the first thought, reply and piece of advice on the forum to this new member being something negative? Let's not go down this particular road again!

I've nothing to offer personally on this subject, but presuming it's authentic I'm sure it's quite valuable and definitely doesn't appear often therefore rare.

If there's something in the pic that makes it look like an obvious fake/reprint, then I'm sure there's a more friendly and less obvious way of going about delivering news like that, especially on a potentially 120 year old item that nobody knows the posters back story of.

I know some people have openly objected to people signing up and just asking for a price for an item straight off the bat, but most here are happy to advise somebody who is genuinely enquiring and maybe doesn't know the first thing about an item in their possession?
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:55 pm 
Post subject:

A very quick search of google gives not only a rough valuation based on one sold at a previous sale (including other items) and also the reason the Bazaar was held in the first place.

''Blackburn continued to have trouble balancing the books and in 1895 the club made a public appeal for £1,500. A club bazaar raised £1,200 and all the players decided to contribute a week's wages to the fund''

www.dreweatts.com/cms/pages/lot/10630/175

I'm guessing looking at what else sold as part of the lot that it isn't worth much maybe circa £100-£150
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:10 pm 
Post subject:

1980Cossie wrote:
A very quick search of google gives not only a rough valuation based on one sold at a previous sale (including other items) and also the reason the Bazaar was held in the first place.

''Blackburn continued to have trouble balancing the books and in 1895 the club made a public appeal for £1,500. A club bazaar raised £1,200 and all the players decided to contribute a week's wages to the fund''

www.dreweatts.com/cms/pages/lot/10630/175

I'm guessing looking at what else sold as part of the lot that it isn't worth much maybe circa £100-£150

Again, I don't know much about it but I would think it's value is far higher 16 years on..
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:17 pm 
Post subject:

As far as i'm aware football programmes and football memorabilia sale prices peaked around 2003
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:19 pm 
Post subject:

1980Cossie wrote:
As far as i'm aware football programmes and football memorabilia sale prices peaked around 2003

Try telling collectors of high end, rare and very old items that Cossie!
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:23 pm 
Post subject:

Haha i knew you'd say that, i was talking in general and not about MANCHESTER UNITED.
hibernian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:30 pm 
Post subject:

PABLO76 wrote:
How about offering some advice rather than the first thought, reply and piece of advice on the forum to this new member being something negative? Let's not go down this particular road again!

I've nothing to offer personally on this subject, but presuming it's authentic I'm sure it's quite valuable and definitely doesn't appear often therefore rare.

If there's something in the pic that makes it look like an obvious fake/reprint, then I'm sure there's a more friendly and less obvious way of going about delivering news like that, especially on a potentially 120 year old item that nobody knows the posters back story of.

I know some people have openly objected to people signing up and just asking for a price for an item straight off the bat, but most here are happy to advise somebody who is genuinely enquiring and maybe doesn't know the first thing about an item in their possession?

WTF !!! I think you will find over the years that I've been more than helpful and friendly with posters old and new. Maybe I should have elongated my reply to make you happy
My initial thought was it was a photocopy simply because it looks in superb condition for something so old. It was an opinion that's all. No offence was meant to the poster. I have no objection to anyone signing up for valuations and if I could have valued it then I would have. It that better Pablo
blueshearer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:49 am 
Post subject:

Hi Roverssue,
Blackburn Rovers issued a book in 1895 to raise money as they had just purchased Ewood Park. It was also a celebration of the first 20 years of the club. In the early 1970s they included copies of the pages from the book in the home programmes which this may be an example.

The book is extremely rare and I only know of one other complete copy than mine which is held at Blackburn library. The clubs copy from which they produced the sample for the programmes in the 1970s is incomplete.

Here are a few links to the book

https://flic.kr/p/t33kvC
https://flic.kr/p/sMLxxG
https://flic.kr/p/sML99h
https://flic.kr/p/s8mmFU
https://flic.kr/p/t5p4Cr
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:16 pm 
Post subject:

hibernian wrote:
PABLO76 wrote:

WTF !!! I think you will find over the years that I've been more than helpful and friendly with posters old and new. Maybe I should have elongated my reply to make you happy
My initial thought was it was a photocopy simply because it looks in superb condition for something so old. It was an opinion that's all. No offence was meant to the poster. I have no objection to anyone signing up for valuations and if I could have valued it then I would have. It that better Pablo

No offence meant Hibernian, just a simple observation and an attempt at trying to ensure a positive spin is put on things!
hibernian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:54 pm 
Post subject:

No problem Pablo. It looks like my initial observation proved correct. Thumbs Up
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: