Football Programmes Centre

Scottish league programmes - 1970/71 to current season
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Scottish league programmes - 1970/71 to current season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WoodyCAFC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:55 pm 
Post subject: Scottish league programmes - 1970/71 to current season

Ahh, apologies for the duplicate posting, but I've just discovered this section of the forum, and this might be a better place for my question. I'd have moved my original question, but wasn't sure how!

Anyway, here you go...

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum, so please bear with me if I do anything wrong or am posting in the wrong place.

I've recently returned to the hobby after something like 15 years (now that the kids are older), and have been enjoying reacquainting myself with my Charlton and Welling programme collections.

I also enjoy Scottish football, and recently decided to collect Scottish one-per-club, one-per-season from 1970/71 to date (league matches only, not cups, friendlies, etc.).

Up to about 15 years, I was also collecting programmes from my Scottish team, Hibs - so I'm going to use those as the basis for this new collection - which will give it a good kickstart.

I received the April edition of Programme Monthly today, and was surprised to read that Brechin, Queen's Park and Stenhousemuir didn't issue programmes in the 2016/17 season.

What my question is, does anyone know of any other Scottish league clubs that didn't issue programmes between 1970/71 to 2015/16?

Any info would help me massively as it'll save me hunting for programmes that just don't exist!

Thanks in advance!
hibernian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:01 am 
Post subject:

Hi Woody
Teams that I know did not issue 70/1 to early 80s were Alloa 70/1, 73/4 to 76/7. Clydebank 74/5, 75/6, 78/9. Cowdenbeath 75/6, 76/7,81/2, 82/3. Forfar 70/1 to 74/5 there was only one issue, v Aberdeen 71/2 Opening of lights. Stenhousemuir 83/4.
There are others where only one off issues were produced during the season, i don't have the list to hand at the moment.
If your looking for a near enough complete run 70/1 to 74/5 in mint/excellent condition then drop me a PM. I can also probably help with quite a few more of the later ones.
Cheers
Eric
Maidonian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:10 pm 
Post subject: Re: Scottish league programmes - 1970/71 to current season

WoodyCAFC wrote:
I received the April edition of Programme Monthly today, and was surprised to read that Brechin, Queen's Park and Stenhousemuir didn't issue programmes in the 2016/17 season.

That isn't accurate as Sandy Reid has produced an eight page programme (donation asked for) to supplement the free teamsheet at all (or at least most) of the Stenhousemuir 1st team competitive fixtures this season. Brechin issue a double sided colour team sheet at their games whilst Queens Park produce their match programme in digital form that can be downloaded and have used this method for a couple of years or so at least.
WoodyCAFC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:50 pm 
Post subject:

hibernian wrote:
Hi Woody
Teams that I know did not issue 70/1 to early 80s were Alloa 70/1, 73/4 to 76/7. Clydebank 74/5, 75/6, 78/9. Cowdenbeath 75/6, 76/7,81/2, 82/3. Forfar 70/1 to 74/5 there was only one issue, v Aberdeen 71/2 Opening of lights. Stenhousemuir 83/4.
There are others where only one off issues were produced during the season, i don't have the list to hand at the moment.
If your looking for a near enough complete run 70/1 to 74/5 in mint/excellent condition then drop me a PM. I can also probably help with quite a few more of the later ones.
Cheers
Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply and also for the info - that's going to be really helpful to me.

I'll reply now to your PM.

Cheers,

Woody
WoodyCAFC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:55 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Maidonian,

Thanks for the reply - that's really useful to know as I now know to look for those clubs for 16/17.

Do you have any other similar information for recent seasons at all?

Cheers,

Woody
WoodyCAFC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:38 pm 
Post subject:

hibernian wrote:
Hi Woody
Cheers
Eric

Hi Eric,

I have replied to your PM, but it's stuck in my outbox for some reason. I'll keep checking back, but not sure what to do to make it go through?

Cheers.
Five and In

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:13 pm 
Post subject: Scottish league programmes - 1970/71 to current season

PM's stay in your outbox until the recipient opens it, then it moves to your sent box Woody.
WoodyCAFC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:30 pm 
Post subject: Re: Scottish league programmes - 1970/71 to current season

Five and In wrote:
PM's stay in your outbox until the recipient opens it, then it moves to your sent box Woody.

Ah, ok - that's good to know. Thanks!
Maidonian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:48 pm 
Post subject:

WoodyCAFC wrote:
Hi Maidonian,

Thanks for the reply - that's really useful to know as I now know to look for those clubs for 16/17.

Do you have any other similar information for recent seasons at all?

Cheers,

Woody

Brechin City ceased programmes for team sheets at the start of 2012/13 season; Airdrieonians issued team sheets during 2014/15 and 2015/16 seasons. Stirling Albion produced a monthly magazine rather than individual programmes in 2014/15 with teamsheets available at each game.

You'll probably get 99% of your wants from Brian Johnson at Almondvale Programmes - I'm sure he'd give you a good deal on a bulk purchase.
efc1998

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:51 pm 
Post subject: BRECHIN CITY

Brechin issued programmes for certain games last season and possibly the season before. I have programmes from both their games against Dunfermline and one from one of the Forfar games. Yes, they issued team sheets for most games. I haven't seen a programme for this season though.
WoodyCAFC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:21 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the replies, everyone - it's all really helpful and is helping me to build a picture of what's out there (and what's not).
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: