Football Programmes Centre

Advice re Ebay Payment
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Advice re Ebay Payment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob71

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:12 am 
Post subject: Advice re Ebay Payment

I won a prog on ebay at the weekend and paid with Paypal. The seller sent me a message this morning saying he is having problems receiving Paypal, so can I send a cheque instead ?

I checked and my payment is unclaimed. Do you think he is at it ?
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:15 am 
Post subject:

People do have problems, it could just be he gave you the wrong email address he uses on paypal.

If you are happy with the seller otherwise I don't see any harm in cancelling the paypal payment and send a cheque. A cheque is safer then paypal as you confirmed the address and so if you don't get the item you can go around to his house with a big stick Smile
rob71

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:27 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for your comments kickoff. Looking at the payment on Paypal, it does look as if the email address is incorrect, so have emailed him to check. So used to using Paypal to pay now, much easier and quicker than sending a cheque.
ashburton-grove

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:59 am 
Post subject: payment

I've had this a few times, it's usually people not wanting to pay paypal fees, so they come up with this. It's annoying when the item you won was about 50p then you have to add another 40p to post the cheque.

"...if you don't get the item you can go around to his house with a big stick"

Kickoff3pm, are you offering your services as the forums bailiff?
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:49 pm 
Post subject: Re: payment

ashburton-grove wrote:
I've had this a few times, it's usually people not wanting to pay paypal fees, so they come up with this. It's annoying when the item you won was about 50p then you have to add another 40p to post the cheque.

"...if you don't get the item you can go around to his house with a big stick"

Kickoff3pm, are you offering your services as the forums bailiff?

Oh sez indeed, last time I used ebay for anything of value I had a nice trip down to the smoke to get my football tickets back after the person drew back a paypal payment. Stood in his hallway till he found them and wouldn't move - well the was 3 of us Laughing

I use Worldpay for payments on my sites but have to offer paypal as well because it's so popular but the only problems I've ever had getting payment is with paypal customers. I have plenty who still use the post a cheque method and I don't mind as it's far cheaper for the seller.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: