Football Programmes Centre

Manchester United 1946/47 No.13 query
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Manchester United 1946/47 No.13 query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red C

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:08 am 
Post subject: Manchester United 1946/47 No.13 query

Hi folks

It's well known that number 13 in 46/47 is the postponed Portsmouth game but also that some covers from the postponed game were used for the Bolton game. So there are some No13 Bolton ones and a lot of No14 Bolton ones.

But I was looking at my copy of the No13 Bolton one and I was surprised to find that it isn't just the cover from the Portsmouth game, but also the second sheet.

To be clear, the cover is No13 and comprises pages 1, 2, 11 and 12 of the programme. But also the next sheet, comprising pages 3, 4, 9 and 10, is from the postponed Portsmouth game. The third (and final) sheet comprises pages 5-8 including the team page, and is clearly a Bolton one.

Also, the programme has three staples. The top and bottom one aren't attached to the centre page, they just attach the first two sheets together.. The middle staple attaches all three sheets together.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I thought only the cover sheet was from the Portsmouth game.

Cheers.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:04 pm 
Post subject:

PM Leslie

manchesterunitedman1

Hes the man Cool Cool Cool Cool

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: