Football Programmes Centre

Sarajevo v Manchester United programme???
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sarajevo v Manchester United programme???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vintage_football_memorabi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:38 pm 
Post subject: Sarajevo v Manchester United programme???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2018.....EBIDX%3AIT

Did anybody pick up on this one over the weekend on eBay?

Bearing in mind only a handful exist either somebody has quite a bargain even for that price or as I fear somebody has had there pants pulled down.

When I noticed it with just a few hours to go it was only on £52,I then sent a message questioning whether it was genuine or not as it was reprinted in the 90's.

I received an answer stating that it was original later in the evening AFTER the auction had ended!

So one for the United experts,was this the one that got away or a lucky escape?
Red C

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:20 pm 
Post subject:

It's certainly a very low price for a genuine one. A bit steep if it's a reprint!

The seller has good feedback but mainly sells 99p programmes so it's a departure from his usual fayre.

Hard to tell from the pictures as he's only posted one.

If it was a real one then someone has a bargain - probably because it was a poor listing with just one picture and very little description. eBay probably not the best place to sell that one.
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:16 pm 
Post subject:

The line which goes vertically down through the red circle to the left of the number 15 (top left) where 15 Novembar is printed on the brochure certainly points towards original, reprints don't have it but it was too much of a risk to take hence the low price.
The deafening silence on here on the lead up to the end of auction does point towards original however.
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:58 pm 
Post subject:

Is £2655 considered a bargain then?
RoddyN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:54 pm 
Post subject:

That programme a few years back sold for £14,000 and sold at a relatively recent auction perhaps 3 years ago for about £9,000 so if it is genuine someone has indeed got a bargain.
Cantona93

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:45 am 
Post subject: Sarajevo v Manchester Utd

I'm pleased to say that I think it's genuine subject to a couple of final checks.

All the signs are good so far such as the aged staples, the right smell and the print quality compared to the reprinted version I have.

Also the seller has been very helpful in telling me about the provenance of the programme. It was part of a collection of mainly mid 60s United programmes which a friend in Guernsey gave him in 1969 and he has held onto them ever since. I doubt there were any reprints done until a good few years later.

This friend also had a number of signed united programmes from that era which suggests that he had some connection with the club or the players. As I believe the programme was only available to club officials at the game it therefore seems plausible how he may have obtained a copy.

I must also thank Leslie for sharing his extensive knowledge about this programme which has certainly helped me in identifying whether it is the real deal
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:22 am 
Post subject:

Well done, and very decent of Leslie too, whom I have always found to be fantastic.
mr benn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:26 am 
Post subject:

Agree, Leslie was very helpful with me a while back.

I like the idea of being able to smell a programme to see how old it is Laughing

Well done for getting a 'bargain' . I don't think I could hang onto a programme of that value to be fair.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: