Football Programmes Centre

lost Pompey photo
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
lost Pompey photo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
farmersboy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:22 pm 
Post subject: lost Pompey photo

I wonder if any of you collectors of photos can help me. I have a possibly confused memory of a photo that appeared in the Portsmouth evening news shortly after the Pompey v Arsenal cup game of 1971.
I seem to remember that the photo was of the entire Arsenal team flat on their backs, just after Mike Trebilcock's last minute equaliser.
I was in Portsmouth central library recently doing some family research and took the opportunity to look through some back copies of the 'News' but could not see it in any issue for several weeks. The football mail collection was not complete.
My memory as a thirteen year old is that the photo was not on the Monday night after the match but some time afterwards. I have never forgotten this photo and would love to have a copy.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:02 am 
Post subject:

Richard,

Evening news would be your best bet as in the past couple

of weeks I have scanned the 1970/71 season of Football mails/ Sports mails.........

I cannot recall seeing that particular picture.

pete

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: