Football Programmes Centre

ANY OXFORD UNITED COLLECTORS..A QUERY
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ANY OXFORD UNITED COLLECTORS..A QUERY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capetown3673

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:57 pm 
Post subject: ANY OXFORD UNITED COLLECTORS..A QUERY

I have just come across a single sheet Oxford United v Crewe dated 2nd March 1963.which was neither the original date of the match nor the date it was played.can anyone solve the mystery?
stingray

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:46 pm 
Post subject:

According to the OUFC programmes I do have for that season, the 2nd March was the original date.

I suspect that, like a lot of clubs, they only did a single sheet as they felt that there was still a high possibility of the game being off after the bad winter and wanted to minimise their losses.

It was indeed off and the game was eventually played on 15th May. I have the programme from one.
capetown3673

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:14 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for that, you are right

.I had the original date as Oct 62, realise that was the away fixture thanks for your help.
Aldo1996

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:34 pm 
Post subject:

stingray wrote:
According to the OUFC programmes I do have for that season, the 2nd March was the original date.

I suspect that, like a lot of clubs, they only did a single sheet as they felt that there was still a high possibility of the game being off after the bad winter and wanted to minimise their losses.

It was indeed off and the game was eventually played on 15th May. I have the programme from one.

It does give a brief explanation on the front!

The game was postponed and the programme turns up now and again on eBay and normally sells for around £20.

The rearranged game on the 15th May has 4 different colour covers that I'm aware of
stingray

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:20 pm 
Post subject:

Aldo1996 wrote:
The rearranged game on the 15th May has 4 different colour covers that I'm aware of

The one I've got is a sort of muddy green. Do I win a prize? Laughing
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:06 pm 
Post subject:

Another question for Oxford United collectors: Do you think it would be worthwhile organising a Programme & Memorabilia Fair in Oxford? And if so, where would be the most suitable venue?
I've organised three fairs at Swindon that have each attracted between 70+ and 80+ collectors.
Aldo1996

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:50 am 
Post subject:

Westwardprogs wrote:
Another question for Oxford United collectors: Do you think it would be worthwhile organising a Programme & Memorabilia Fair in Oxford? And if so, where would be the most suitable venue?
I've organised three fairs at Swindon that have each attracted between 70+ and 80+ collectors.

Possibly, I went to one about 10 years ago at Didcot Town, but I believe that the guy who organised it passed away so they only did the one.

There has been a couple of sellers on eBay selling a lot of Headington/Oxford programmes over the last few weeks for fairly decent money one of the sellers has sold around 250 lots for around £15k so far. There is also a guy who sells old programmes in the bar before home games.

From my point of view with my collection I believe that I only need 38 more Oxford programmes from 1960 - present day although I suspect that around 10 of those are games that didn't have a programme issued. I'm not sure what other collectors of Headington/Oxford have in there collections but I know of at least 7 or 8 collectors who buy on eBay so there might be enough interest to warrant having one.

As for a venue there is a few places around Oxford that you could do one but would probably suggest Didcot, Thame and Carterton as the best options as they have bigger car parks compared to any of the other grounds.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: