Football Programmes Centre

Whats everyones age and how long have you been collecting?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Whats everyones age and how long have you been collecting?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Senior82

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:49 pm 
Post subject:

I'm 27, decided to start collecting properly when my grandad passed down all his old wednesday ones to me
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:59 pm 
Post subject: How old are you.

Prob the elder statesman of the site, i have just turned 61,i started collecting 61/62 on a match by match basis (Everton), played a bit mid to late 60s so collecting droped of ,but did make an effort to obtain progs from games my idol the late Derek Dougan played in (Wolves etc) up till 74/75 season , then i did the weadlock thing six kids morgage etc so collecting droped of again , but re the internet started up again about three years ago filling in my gaps from the "Doogs" career.So on and of about nearly 50 years.
kenred

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:46 pm 
Post subject: COLLECTING

Sorry Molineux Phil but I am a bit older 67 to be exact ,going on 27.
I have collected since 1955 ,but let the hobby slide for a few years in my teens ,although still attending matches.I was a fully qualified referee with Cheshire FA for 15 years,and got back to collecting with many non-league items becoming available.A season ticket holder at Manchester United ,and
of course I collect the United programmes.My regrets are letting many programmes get lost or mislaid on house moves over the years.
I have been on 76 Football League Grounds,and 98 Non -League grounds.
Apart from United programmes ,nowadays I collect.Inter league games, Under 23s,Youth ,and Schoolboy Internationals up to the end of the 60s.
A very pleasing hobby in lots of respects ,which can be frustrating too chasing that elusive "wanted"rarity.Great to see the programme Collecting
hobby is still flourishing
PABLO76

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:56 pm 
Post subject:

Wulfrunian wrote:
73, dont know if that makes me the oldest on here or not.
Just got programmes from the Wolves games I went to from 57/58 when I got out of the army and could follow every week. A few others before that too, but I didn't consider myself a collector until about 3 years ago when I retired and decided to sort out the huge boxes of programmes i had accumulated over the years. Have filled in most aways from 57/58 to 80/81, after that theres quite a few still missing.
Do have every competitive home game since 57/58 though, and many friendlies too.

73, what a grand age to be collecting! I bet you havent ever managed to get the postponed 57/58 away to man utd!!

I'm 33, been collecting Man Utd programmes for about 4 years. Started off with a job lot off ebay for £360,which got me 95% of utd home and aways from 60/61 to 80/81 in all comps plus some friendlies.
I am now collecting 57/58 to present day and have over 2000 programmes, with some very hard gaps to fill in aswell as some easy ones which i just havent bothered to source yet.

If anyone has anything they think might be of interest drop me a pm.
hulldon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:46 pm 
Post subject:

I'm 45, and started collecting as a kid, by buying programmes from the Aberdeen matches I went to, and visiting the Dons shop. I also collected football cards at the time - 70's A&BC and Topps. Got back into it about 7/8 years ago, with a mate who is a Chelsea fan and collector. Now aiming for all Dons progs from my first season 1970/71, until now. Need 2 homes and about 110 aways, but also collecting any Dons stuff (tickets, pre-1970s, fanzines), as well as World Cup, Euros, European Finals. And I still have the cards and have added to them too.
It's interesting to read about my fellow anoraks!
Dellboye

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:05 am 
Post subject:

I'm 18, I started collecting when I was 15 when I got the 1967 fa cup final programme for a £1 at a local bootfair. Have since gone to get all chelsea homes since 1957(and now only need 15 from 1946
). Have now got a lot of aways since 1970-present but I am having to restrict myself as I now go to every chelsea home match which can be expensive.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:28 am 
Post subject:

I mentioned that I started going to Goodison in 1971 (although I was there as a kid in the 60s as well). I really can't remember the first game I went to but I had a programme from 70-1 home to Leeds (I'd be just short of 10 y.o.) so I kind of decided that's the first game I remember (going to). I definitely remember going to Turf Moor in Jan 71 (probably on my own.. in those days you could, although there was a higher proportion of young lads in those days - it really wasn't very expensive to get in.) Well I remember picking up the programme from that game and picking up the programme and sort of got into the idea of keeping one as a momento - so got rather enthusiastic to collect the games I went to - and then the ones I hadn't been to. I reckon I've clocked up around 650 Everton games over the years (despite only being able to go infrequently for many of the near 40 years)

I've never been much of an away fan - I think I used to go to the odd one and things like away FA Cup ties -

Back in the day tho' the programmes weren't too expensive - today most people don't buy one at the game.
dookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:07 am 
Post subject:

I'm 22, only recently started collecting though.
badhand

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:30 pm 
Post subject:

I am 57. I have been collecting Bristol Rovers programmes on and off since around the time of my first game, Rovers 4 Leeds 0, on 23/09/61. This is the last time that we beat Leeds.
My last game (two weeks ago) was Rovers 0 Leeds 4, so I feel that I have completed the circle Laughing
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:26 pm 
Post subject:

I am 48 and went to my first Rovers game in the early seventies. Got a programme from the game and have been hooked on collecting ever since.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:43 pm 
Post subject:

I'm 39 (big 40 next year - gulp!), been collecting Hearts programmes off and on since around 1982 when I started going to Tynecastle regularly. I'm complete home and away from 1974-1992 (other than a few stragglers!), and it was around then I lost interest in current season issues (allied to a move down south for work) apart from games I attended and friendlies/Euro's, and concentrated on my Dads era of the 1950's. Almost complete homes from 1952-1962, need to start filling in the gaps from 1962-1974!

Gave up my season ticket for Tynecastle 3 years ago and have not attended a Hearts games since, due to the activities of the man who "owns" my club, but that's a different matter entirely. Not even seen a copy of this years Hearts programme yet due to the apathy that's set-in with the current goings on at Tynie.

As I alluded to, there's been long periods of stagnation with my collection, with it stored at parents houses as I worked away. Puberty, girls and beer didn't help with disposable income either! The one thing was though none of my collection ever got chucked out or given away or sold, so I always had it to go back to when time an funds allowed.

As I am a regular attender of Scotland games home and away, I decided to add to my collection of away programmes I have obtained at games, and I'm now complete back to 1978 apart from 4 games (see wants list Wink ), also dabble in tickets.

That's it really! oh, I also dabble in Scottish Junior clubs programmes and Wimbledon programmes from my time down south as a Dons ST holder.

Phew Mad
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: