Football Programmes Centre

Leeds v Zagreb/ ferencvaros fairs cup finals. FLRs
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Leeds v Zagreb/ ferencvaros fairs cup finals. FLRs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hibernian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:39 pm 
Post subject: Leeds v Zagreb/ ferencvaros fairs cup finals. FLRs

Can anyone please confirm the league review that came with the Zagreb programme in 1967 . Also was there a review included with Ferencvaros final next season ?
hibernian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:21 pm 
Post subject:

Bump. Anybody ?
Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:02 pm 
Post subject: Re: Leeds v Zagreb/ ferencvaros fairs cup finals. FLRs

hibernian wrote:
Can anyone please confirm the league review that came with the Zagreb programme in 1967 . Also was there a review included with Ferencvaros final next season ?

Hi Hibernian, I've just checked my copies, I have four of each with a good spread on programme issue number, and there is no FLR in any. During this period the Review was stapled inside LUFC programmes beneath the team line-ups page, therefore as there is no evidence of anything being removed from my 8 it's safe to assume none were present on the day (probably!!)

If anyone knows any different please let me/us know
hibernian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:44 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Rudd. I saw a listing on eBay which stated a review was included with Zagreb, hence my question.
My copy also has no review.
Footyfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:08 pm 
Post subject: LEEDS UTD & FLR

I have several copies of both programmes with no FLR inside.

However, Leeds Utd added the FLR to the programme in the 1967/68 Season, the club announced the inclusion of the FLR in the Leeds v Fulham programme dated 2nd September 1967.

Prior to this the FLR was sold seperately, I know this for a fact because I actually sold the FLR at Elland Road for approx 2 seasons, it 'earned' me free entry to the Paddock plus 6d for every 50 sold.

I have added FLR to some of my collection because not all clubs used the FLR in the match programme. If you wanted to add FLR to the 2 prigrammes you have you will need Vol 2 No 3 and for the Ferenvaros programme Vol 3 No 1.

Last edited by Footyfan on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:12 pm 
Post subject:

Great info Footyfan, thank you. Fortunately I have FLR's coming out of my ears so I will put them with their respective programme.

I know the FLR was sold at grounds and I believe the odd newsagent, what puzzles me though is why they were not stapled within the Leeds United programme as was usual. My run of programmes from Sept 67 through all of 68 for other games have the FLR stapled underneath the centre page, or on occasions beneath the centre two pages. Is this not just a case then (with regard to the Zagreb & Ferencvaros programmes) of 'adding' the current/respective FLR rather then them actually being issued with them within? Either way I shall now add them as they were clearly on sale at ER if not included free of charge!

Wonderful that you actually sold the FLR Footyfan, free entry too! A great time to be watching us, your memory bank must be full.
Footyfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:20 pm 
Post subject:

[quote="Ruud Van Driver"]Great info Footyfan, thank you. Fortunately I have FLR's coming out of my ears so I will put them with their respective programme.

Hi,

I have just edited my earlier post to say that my copies of the Dynamo Zagreb and Ferencvaros progs do not have the FLR inside. Aologies for any confusion caused.

However, I have added my own copies from FLR spares I have as I have done with several Aways from the 1967/68 season where clubs did not use the FLR, for example Man Utd and Everton.

Yes, many great memories of a wonderful period in LUFC history.
Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:35 pm 
Post subject:

Footyfan wrote:
I have just edited my earlier post to say that my copies of the Dynamo Zagreb and Ferencvaros progs do not have the FLR inside. Aologies for any confusion caused.

Thank you for your edit update, makes me feel a little less embarrassed about my earlier reply!!

Once again thank you, adding the FLR if available at ER on the day improves the programme so I'm pleased Hibernian queried it
Thumbs Up
hibernian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:58 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks guys for the info. I understand what you are saying footyfan.
Is it possible that the FLR was included with both programmes loosely rather than purchased separately on the day ?

Sorry if I've misconstrued your reply.
Footyfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:13 pm 
Post subject:

hibernian wrote:
Thanks guys for the info. I understand what you are saying footyfan.
Is it possible that the FLR was included with both programmes loosely rather than purchased separately on the day ?

Sorry if I've misconstrued your reply.

No, I do not believe either programme had the FLR - I believe Leeds only used the FLR for domestic games and that is reflected in my personal collection for the seasons under discussion.

However. I liked the FLR and believe it adds to to programme so have added copies of the relevant issue myself.

Hopefully. I have made things clear.
hibernian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:57 pm 
Post subject:

So the Fulham issue 2/9/67 had volume 2 number 3 included with it ( loosely I assume)
I think I will also try to get the 2 FLR that you listed as nobody can categorically state they were not in the final programmes
Laughing
Footyfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:14 pm 
Post subject:

The ist Home game for Leeds in 1967/68 was versus Sunderland on 19th August and includes Vol 2 No 1. Fulham was the 2nd Home game and where the club announced that the FLR would be included in Home game programmes. When issued the FLR was stapled inside the programme as explained by RuudDriver in an earlier reply.

The Zagreb game was played midweek so has no FLR included. I have checked all my Leeds Fairs Cup Homes for 1967/68 - CA Spora, Hibs, Dundee, Rangers and Partizan Belgrade, all mid week games and none have the FLR stapled inside. Only the FLRs I have added myself

However, I agree it is a worth adding a copy of the FLR if you have the relevant issue to hand.
hibernian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:29 pm 
Post subject:

Footyfan, honestly I'm not thick Very Happy

I have gone on over the thread again. If number 2 was issued in the Fulham issue and nothing was produced 4 days later, then number 2 would be the relevant issue for the Zagreb match , no ?? Confused

Surely number 3 would have been issued with the following league match ?

In my defence I'm having a few drinks in anticipation of the Hibs v Hearts match tomorrow Very Happy
Footyfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:56 pm 
Post subject:

The FLR was a weekly issue - Saturday to Saturday so on the front cover it states the following:

Vol 2 No 1 - "Week Ending August 19 1967" - Sunderland Home

Vol 2 No 2 - "Week Ending August 26 1967" - Wolves Away

Vol 2 No 3 - "Week Ending September 2 1967" Fulham Home

Vol 2 No 4 - "Week Ending September 9 1967" Southampton Away

Leeds only played at Home on 19 Aug and 2 Sep hence No 1 and 3 are included in those programmes. If you wanted No 2 and No 4 you would need to buy it seperately or hope it was issued in the Away fixture, Wolves (26 Aug) and Southampton (9 Sep).

The Zagreb game was played on 6 September so the relevant FLR would be No 3 but this had already been issued with the Fulham programme.

The next Leeds Home game was Luton on 13 September in the FLC and has Vol 2 No 5 (Week Ending 16 Sept 1967) - Leeds played Everton Away on the 16 September.

I hope all this makes sense.
hibernian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:19 pm 
Post subject:

Gotcha now mate. Thanks for that.
In Scotland I think only Aberdeen and Partick included FLR so I have not seen many of them.
Hopefully they are quite common issues as I will shortly be starting a thread requesting them Very Happy
Footyfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:24 pm 
Post subject:

hibernian wrote:
Footyfan, honestly I'm not thick Very Happy

In my defence I'm having a few drinks in anticipation of the Hibs v Hearts match tomorrow Very Happy

I have heard of starting early but 24 hours in advance? No

Will you be fit enough to watch the game? Very Happy
hibernian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:49 pm 
Post subject:

Just a few drinks the day before. 4pm start in the pub tomorrow. Nerves already kicking in.
Complete sellout. No Tv because of champions league, Leicester v somebody ! People going crazy because they have no chance of getting ticket.
It's just like the old days. Can't wait !!!

Very Happy
LUFCPROG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:53 pm 
Post subject: Re: Leeds v Zagreb/ ferencvaros fairs cup finals. FLRs

hibernian wrote:

There were no FLR issued in these 2 issues.Regards Mickl
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: