Football Programmes Centre

Recorded Delivery
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Recorded Delivery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Posh1959

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:25 pm 
Post subject: Recorded Delivery

We have all read of the poor service Royal Mail give when it comes to them losing recorded delivery items. Until recently I have never had a problem. Early December I decided it was time to get rid of several unwanted items by putting them on EBay as I had a good offer of the 100 items with 50% off the final value fee. One item went missing I won't go into the details but I did suspect the buyer had it as she said my hubby works in the local sorting office and she told me it had gone missing within 3 days of me posting 2nd class recorded. The value was £35. The online system showed that it had not been signed for. I asked her to wait til after Christmas and if it still hasn't arrived I would refund and then claim from RM which I did.
I checked out exactly what was needed and sent off claim form together with a copy of the RD certificate and image of EBay ended item an image of paypal payment being received and another image of paypal refund to the buyer and waited.
I got a reply with 6 first class stamps saying saying sorry you have not given us enough evidence bla bla bla and then the final sentence said we suggest in future you obtain a certificate of postage!!!!!!
I thought blimey they want a certificate of postage as well as a RD certificate that's strange. So I sent a very strong letter of complaint asking what else could I have done to satisfy their crazy demands as surely a RD certificate is a certificate of postage. I expected the usual crap back but amazingly a cheque for £35 arrived today with a letter of apology saying that the person who handled my claim is being retrained!!!!
I have read many posts on here where people have not been paid out so I thought I would share my surprise with you all. The moral is don't be put off with shoddy service from them. The amount may be small in today's worl but if you have all of the evidence which isn't difficult to assemble don't take no for an answer.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:26 pm 
Post subject:

I just hope the cheque doesn't bounce
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:49 pm 
Post subject:

I know RM quite freely pay out for 1000s of items that go missing. The claim form is a drag but it's worth pursuing. As we have said before , recorded delivery or signed for as they call it now is a total waste of money. A certificate of postage is just as good and is free. Never post anything really valuable via recorded/signed for. It is put in with the normal mail , giving no special treatment , and is actually alerting a potential thief that something of value is most likely to be inside.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:29 pm 
Post subject:

The only reason I posted this was during the time I was waiting for the claim to be be processed I read a few threads on here where people had not been paid for their claim.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: