Football Programmes Centre

Sportingold January 27th
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sportingold January 27th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:58 am 
Post subject: Sportingold January 27th

Anyone have anything to say about yesterdays auction, i was interested in 4 lots and managed to secure them all-3 for a lot less than i originally thought and a 4th for maybe just a tad more than it should have been but that is how it goes.

Anyone else have any reports of a bit of buying or selling?

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
martino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:25 am 
Post subject:

Yes I got three lots - all for less than expected.

Is this a sign that the interest in, and the price of, the older programmes is reducing?
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:55 am 
Post subject:

Nothing of interest for me in this one. I believe the Leith Athletic v Rangers programme went for a healthy sum, as did Hibs v Kings Park.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:27 pm 
Post subject:

martino wrote:

Is this a sign that the interest in, and the price of, the older programmes is reducing?

I suspect maybe THAT the mediocre items maybe are just are waning but there was Rotherham United 4 pager v a Manchester United reserve X1 from 1976-a Testimonial for the widows of N.Noble and A. Burton and pardon my ignorance but the programme has no notes or explanation so maybe a Rotherham United member could explain in a bit more detail perhaps.

I had to double check that i had this as i probably obtained it at the time, it was not one of those that kind of jumped out at you-well on looking i had it as that was the only programme in the auction that maybe caught my eye and i recall thinking i wonder what it would fetch.

Anyway i played a little game with myself thinking what would i go to if i did not already have it and thought anything between £50-125 including the commissions would perhaps be the mark as it was quite an obscure mid 1970's reserve item, so as i was waiting for the few bits i was interested to come up i checked the price £550 Shocked Shocked plus another £100 on top!

I also looked at some of those Portsmouth home and away's and i was most surprised how little they were going for, with the biggest issue being the 1947-8 Sunderland v Portsmouth going for £50! and the same season v Manchester United has once ht £4000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked !!!!!! and then settled down to a more reasonable £2000 to £3000!-IF U CAN FIND ONE! I also noted a few months back at another auction the Sunderland v Arsenal 1947-8 hit around a £150-wow!

I have had 2 off the 1947-8 at Sunderland, one i swopped for some United menu's years ago and another i purchased from a current Forum member whom i made his day for sure as he thought it was worth a fiver and would have sold it on his stall had anyone shown any interest!. Well all i can say Bob is that we both got what we wanted that day[BUT ADVANTAGE U FOR SURE!]!!

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Rocky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:16 pm 
Post subject:

martino wrote:

It could be for a few reasons. Are some potential purchasers paying off their Christmas debts at this time of year, thus not bidding? Are commission and postal charges starting to bite for some? Are people holding back for potentially better items in upcoming auctions etc, etc…?

Saying that, three early 50’s York programmes from the North Riding Senior Cup sold for £190. That was circa five times their estimate although it could be argued the estimate was probably a tad low.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
PompeyPhil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:27 pm 
Post subject:

Quite surprised at the amount of "No Sales" for Portsmouth programmes dated 1946-47.......there was a good selection but no takers? Were the estimates/reserves set to high or just no interest in them? The Sheff Wednesday 1932 home programme v Pompey seemed very cheap at £30?
Personally I was hoping that the two Portsmouth Championship Seasons (Home and Away Programmes) Lots that were sold before Christmas at another Auction would turn up having been separated but to no avail........
Mtbhull

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:06 pm 
Post subject: Sportingold January 27th

A copy of that Rotherham testimonial went for £4.99 on ebay last December!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:23 am 
Post subject: Re: Sportingold January 27th

Mtbhull wrote:
A copy of that Rotherham testimonial went for £4.99 on ebay last December!

i think i remember seeing that as well but having one and although a little scarce simply did not make a note of it, well whoever did buy has a bargain but i would like to see another copy come up again soon to see if it can achieve anywhere near that again!.

Let's face it we have all had a nice little tickle over the years now and again-as well as paying thru the nose as well-all part of what we do.

Wave

stingray

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:22 pm 
Post subject:

York City 50s season sets - just me versus someone on the phone. I had to give up when they pushed the price over £100 per set. Crying or Very sad

Towards the end, I surprised myself by getting a job lot of early 60s Manchester United for only £45. Surprised
tansey16

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:01 pm 
Post subject:

I was very surprised when 1955 York v Newcastle semi-final at Hillsborough went for £240 (£288 in all!). The replay at Roker Park which I thought was rarer went for £110 (132 in all!)
Posh1959

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:07 pm 
Post subject:

tansey16 wrote:
I was very surprised when 1955 York v Newcastle semi-final at Hillsborough went for £240 (£288 in all!). The replay at Roker Park which I thought was rarer went for £110 (132 in all!)

Obviously some collectors do not know the true value of some things. Yes the game at Hillsborough is widely available through the usual channels at between £30 and £50. The buyer on has him/her self to blame as any research would have shown the true worth.
Eck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:47 pm 
Post subject:

I bought 2 Pompey v Brentford 46/47
15 signed Rangers photo's
1942 England v Scotland ticket, a couple of other items as well.

Incidentally, Pompey played Brentford on the 4th & 7th of April and also had a match in between the two.

Last edited by Eck on Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
matt blue

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:14 am 
Post subject:

Bought a 44 Cardiff programme, Wales vs ROUJ 51 ticket which was nice.

Few other things aswell

Take a look at my work in progress !!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: