Football Programmes Centre

FOOTBALL PROGRAMME COLLECTORS SITE
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FOOTBALL PROGRAMME COLLECTORS SITE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:29 pm 
Post subject: FOOTBALL PROGRAMME COLLECTORS SITE

This site has been around a few years now and is open to anyone who is on Flickr.

To date there are 197 members showing 27,542 different programme covers from all over the world.

The only stipulation is actual front covers and single sheets only are allowed. You can add as many images as you wish with no restrictions and they get uploaded immediately.

The link to view it all is https://www.flickr.com/groups/768335@N21

There are a number of Forum members on already[both past and present] but still i think a few more who have not joined up, it would be great to see you!.

It covers any level of football home and abroad and gives some great insights into the older bits and the more modern issues.

Love to see some new faces Thumbs Up

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!

Last edited by manchesterunitedman1 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:48 pm 
Post subject:

Joined.

Are the scans grouped into some sort of order (albums) or is it a free for all?
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:49 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
Joined.

Are the scans grouped into some sort of order (albums) or is it a free for all?

No all at random, so you put on what suits you as and when.

Perhaps the best and only site catering for the programme hobby showing off what is available.

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
TartanTyneArmy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:21 pm 
Post subject:

Wave
You encouraged me to get on this.
Currently got over 250 NUFC programmes to archive and scan but I'm working on it.
New Flickr link below.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/142569771@N06/P4X739
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:22 am 
Post subject:

TartanTyneArmy wrote:
Wave
Currently got over 250 NUFC programmes to archive and scan but I'm working on it.
New Flickr link below.

Well Done!

Scanning is a good runner up to watching paint dry, but the results afterwards can be so satisfying when what you have started starts to take great shape.

Wave

seand

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:45 am 
Post subject:

I've joined up, I'll throw a few of the more interesting Irish bits of my collection up there. Indeed I've just started with some Dundalk in Europe.... who doesn't love a bit of European football! Very Happy
overlap

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:17 pm 
Post subject:

TartanTyneArmy wrote:
Wave
New Flickr link below.

Nice start on scanning your Newcastle United items.

I have also sent you a PM.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:47 am 
Post subject:

quite a few new members signed up,some have already started to upload, some have not just yet, but how about a few more then.

Seems to me that the likes of flickr do not appeal to everyone and yes if you do not want to list anything or cannot be bothered or do not have the time or inclination or if u are part of an old guard that likes to keep it all hidden away and for no one to see or know what you have, well that is up to the individual for sure but the hobby can only survive if those with a spirit of sharing and letting others see some of the jaw dropping items around to encourage getting involved as well as the more recent programmes.

Each to their own of course, but IMO many of today's collectors are proud of what they have as i most certainly am[and with that it is nothing to do with showing off and saying look at me, look what i have got, look how much cash i can throw at it type nonesense] because personally these days i will not get involved in crazy battles to over spend large amounts and then as so many will realise one day they will never get anywhere near what they paid all to make sure another person could not get their hands on it!. In the past with certain things i felt they were "Must Hav's" but if i never added another item i am very comfortable with what i have unearthed since it all went in the yr 2000 and i embarked on my 3rd[and final] collection which is where i am at the moment. Yes i had to pay OTT prices to actually buy some of my old stuff back so i am a right one have double standards but that went out of the window a long time ago, if it is meant to come to you it will and if it is not then ce la vie! Laughing

You see some of this madcap attitude at every auction these days outdoing-outbidding an Auctioneers/Vendors delight-well enough of my rant and back to the point, more members are required to add whatever they want so if anyone feels they would like to do so then go ahead-it costs nowt or set up a flickr site and let everyone see what you have-great fun and a sense of pride too when others pass by and make some nice comments as it is from my side very much appreciated as i am sure everyone else would feel the same, hard graft uploading the photos and the scanning but such a reward to see it all there before your very eyes!

No doubt there will be some who do not agree with my comments[well everyone is entitled to their opinion]-this is just mine.

Wave

Mtbhull

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:51 pm 

Finally got around to posting my collection, I think I may well have to try grouping seasons etc but at least they are coming on, 3327 Hull City programmes.
That all homes since 1946 (less 5) and all aways since April 1956 (less 7) as well as one or two pre war.
I hope they are welcome in the group
Martin
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:16 pm 
Post subject: Re: FOOTBALL PROGRAMME COLLECTORS SITE

Mtbhull wrote:
Finally got around to posting my collection, I think I may well have to try grouping seasons etc but at least they are coming on, 3327 Hull City programmes.
That all homes since 1946 (less 5) and all aways since April 1956 (less 7) as well as one or two pre war.
I hope they are welcome in the group
Martin

Hi very impresive indeed and very welcome but this is your site and no one else's, but i think if you want to make it even more impressive then group them into seasons/competitions as then anyone who visits your site can look at what period interests them as against having to guess where it all may be perhaps?.

Why not join the football programme covers site and add more as this will drive new people to visit your site-it is free and simple to use.
https://www.flickr.com/groups/768335@N21

Wave Wave

Mtbhull

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm 

I am trying to do just that, i.e. Join and post in your site!

I'm just not quite sure off the process as I have never really used Flickr before. Any tips welcome as I do my best to get it together!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:16 pm 
Post subject: Re: FOOTBALL PROGRAMME COLLECTORS SITE

Mtbhull wrote:
I am trying to do just that, i.e. Join and post in your site!

I'm just not quite sure off the process as I have never really used Flickr before. Any tips welcome as I do my best to get it together!

send me an email to my address below and i will try and guide u through flickr-ok.

Leslie

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:58 pm 
Post subject:

Quite a few new people have joined up but some have yet to post any images, hopefully they will in time.

Anyway always need more collectors to become involved it is a great place to view over 27,000++ individual programme covers.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/768335@N21

Wave

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: