Football Programmes Centre

Help Needed - Reading v Huddersfield Town FC 90-91 Season
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Help Needed - Reading v Huddersfield Town FC 90-91 Season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HTAFCjack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:41 pm 
Post subject: Help Needed - Reading v Huddersfield Town FC 90-91 Season

Hello everyone

I was hoping to find some experts in the programme business to help me out. I am not a huge programme collector, although I do have a big pile of HTAFC programmes at home if anyone is interested.

I now live in America and as a thoughtful Christmas gift my wife ordered me the Huddersfield Town programme (Away v Reading) from my birth date (26/03/1991). She purchased the programme from an online dealer.

When the programme arrived it had an outer cover which had the correct date on it, however on the actual stapled program the date says February 5th. I checked and the fixture did take place on the correct date (March 26th).

I was wondering if any of you could shed any light on why the date on the actual program front cover was different, could this be a typo on the original or is there something else?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
GreatBarrWolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:53 pm 
Post subject:

Just I wild guess but was the game originally scheduled for 5th February and postponed. When the game was then rescheduled was the original programme used with a wraparound cover?
sellsell39

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:38 am 
Post subject:

Hi Jack,

Yes as predicted by GBW, the Reading v Huddersfield match was originally scheduled to take place on Tuesday 5th February 1991, (see photo above) but was postponed or abandoned and re-scheduled to take place on 26th March 1991.

If you have any Huddersfield programme for the 1990/91 season you may find this in the fixtures/results section or you can check out websites such as 11v11 which show fixtures/results for all clubs and all seasons.

Wikipedia shows no fixtures for 5th Feb 1991.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990%E2%80%9391_Huddersfield_Town_A.F.C._season

I hope this helps Jack ?
Please let us know.
An Essex Hatter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:04 pm 
Post subject:

I actually attended this game, what is being described as an outer cover was an extra insert put inside the programme from the postponed date, I kept my copy and still have it. I am not a Huddersfield fan but went with a friend of a friend who is. My recollection is that we had planned to go the original date as well but it was postponed due a waterlogged pitch.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: