Football Programmes Centre

A new milestone with Flickr
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A new milestone with Flickr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:51 pm 
Post subject: A new milestone with Flickr

I am pleased to report that my Flickr site has now hit the 8 Million mark for views a few days ago with 12,829 images uploaded to date.

A big thank you to everyone on this Forum who has dropped in from time to time Clap

Still wading through several 1000 more items to upload here is to the next million Thumbs Up

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Superblue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:23 pm 
Post subject:

Congratulations Leslie, I regularly view your fantastic collection on Flickr. Keep up the good work.

Kyle
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135035936@N02/albums
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:54 pm 
Post subject:

Superblue wrote:
Congratulations Leslie, I regularly view your fantastic collection on Flickr. Keep up the good work.

Kyle
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135035936@N02/albums

Hi Kyle

Many Thanks

Did you see this latest "Badge"-a most unusual item which could be as far back as the 1930's-1940's with the Bakelite ball and even the "note" pinned to the ribbon is plastic, it measures about 6 inches in length and ball is quite large, see what you think https://flic.kr/p/Nv34Ln
Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
nozer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:30 am 
Post subject: flicker

Still a work in progress then Les,I love your site and can recommend it to anyone who has not yet browsed.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:59 am 
Post subject: Re: flicker

nozer wrote:
Still a work in progress then Les,I love your site and can recommend it to anyone who has not yet browsed.

Many Thanks Phil Thumbs Up

pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:53 am 
Post subject:

Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
Five and In

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:11 am 
Post subject: A new milestone with Flickr

Well done Leslie.
Your site is terrific.
Bow Clap
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:49 pm 
Post subject:

pompeypete wrote:
Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow

Many Thanks

You have certainly put in the time too with your collection! so u get some too Laughing
Bow Bow Bow Bow

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:44 pm 
Post subject: Re: A new milestone with Flickr

Five and In wrote:
Well done Leslie.
Your site is terrific.
Bow Clap

Many Thanks

Although it may say it is all about showing off and all of that-well in 2007 when i came across Flickr for the first time, there was not anything around to let everyone else see and share your football treasures, so i put on a handful of items then left it for ages and added a few others and then it got me thinking why not put the whole lot on and so in 2009 i started to do that in no particular order as where the hell do you start!

So many collectors in the past acted like they are in a secret society never letting anyone see what they have or find out what has ever turned up-well that is up to the individual but i want to see my stuff everyday so why shouldn't everyone else see it?-i am fortunate that my wife has no issues and i have converted 2 rooms and stuff is located all over the place, neither has she ever asked what did you pay for that-how much Shocked so as i say i have been fortunate in finding someone who has over the years let me get on with my passion.

Being a collector has nothing to do with how much brass you have at your disposal at all, it is about collecting what interests you and makes you feel good-yes of course money will play a major part for sure but live and let live i think is the correct balance. There are collectors in the UK who are able to invest millions annually-good luck to them, it is their money to do what they wish with and some of the items that they have purchased they also like to share, be it at the National Football Museum or in publications that they have produced for their own enjoyment-i personally love to see some United items that I know i will never be able to obtain whether in a museum or on another collectors site, i just appreciate them and have made my favourite's known.

What i have gone for is anything from a 50p train ticket to the other extreme, they all have a place in the club's history or a particular event and finding these little odds and ends over the years in many ways joins up the dots for me.

I have obtained a programme and a ticket for a match many years ago-then a railway flier turns up, a newspaper covering the game, action press photos train or bus/coach tickets. sometimes something from the club itself showing how they traveled to the games with an itinerary or special train passes and so on all to make and build up a picture of the match or times.

I spoke to a chap the other day for the first time, he told me his collection[non MU] stretches back to the 1890's and he is nearly 80!! and just loves collecting and can never see himself ever stopping or selling it!-that is the spirit but of course the hobby ALWAYS needs new blood.

Wave

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: