Football Programmes Centre

Mullocks Auctions
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mullocks Auctions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charliemitten

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:47 pm 
Post subject: Mullocks Auctions

Does anyone know if/when the next Mullock's Auction takes place?

I haven't been to them before and wondered if there's any more this year?

Thank You.
MRPROGRAMMES

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:56 pm 
Post subject:

charliemitten

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:07 pm 
Post subject:

Thank You.
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:20 pm 
Post subject:

Just seen the post on the above--the Mullocks Auction is indeed on 1st December at the Ludlow Racecourse ground as per our recent auctions. The catalogue should be released in about 10 days time and here are some items that will appear and may or maynot appeal to you.
The programme that was for George Best 1st ever game in a United shirt--we are not aware this has ever hit the market before. Aston Villa medals dating back to the 1890s and including the 1957 FA cup winners medal. 1958 Manchester United v. Wolves match programme postponed due to the terrible disaster some days earlier. On a more cheerful note--we have loads of football programmes covering most aspects of the hobby plus other items like badges, autographs, postcards,etc.
Will confirm when the catalogue is ready or for those who are always on the ball please check our website for the earlier release. ALL THE BEST.
charliemitten

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:36 am 
Post subject:

Topbidwinsagain wrote:
Just seen the post on the above--the Mullocks Auction is indeed on 1st December at the Ludlow Racecourse ground as per our recent auctions. The catalogue should be released in about 10 days time and here are some items that will appear and may or maynot appeal to you.
The programme that was for George Best 1st ever game in a United shirt--we are not aware this has ever hit the market before. Aston Villa medals dating back to the 1890s and including the 1957 FA cup winners medal. 1958 Manchester United v. Wolves match programme postponed due to the terrible disaster some days earlier. On a more cheerful note--we have loads of football programmes covering most aspects of the hobby plus other items like badges, autographs, postcards,etc.
Will confirm when the catalogue is ready or for those who are always on the ball please check our website for the earlier release. ALL THE BEST.

Hello
I'm intrigued by what you said about George Best and his first United game.
Does that mean a programme from the first youth match he played for United?
If so was that at home or away I figure that must have been around 1962?
Thank You.
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:23 pm 
Post subject:

The 1st match for George Best in a United shirt is way back in 1961 pre-dating his first team debut by 2 years.

The details are:- Pwllheli & District Select X1 (youth) v. Manchester United Youth 5th September 1961---kick off 5-45 pm.
Game played at the recreation ground Pwllheli, North Wales.

George, just 15 years old, after signing for United some weeks before.

The rarity of this programme has some relevance to the not uncommon remarks about rocking horses!

Catalogue not yet released.
charliemitten

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:53 pm 
Post subject:

That sounds amazing! I look forward to your catalogue.
Thank you.
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:55 am 
Post subject: Mullocks Auction December 1st at Ludlow

Catalogue may be viewed at www.mullocksauctions.co.uk, the printed version will be sent out in a few days time but is with the printers at present.
In the next few days it will be available through the saleroom---www.the-saleroom.com.
Viewing is on both the 30th November and 1st December---auction commences at 10-30 am with the rugby first and the football following on--viewing for the football items is available whilst the rugby auction is in action.
Mention about that 1st ever game for George Best in a United shirt is confirmed in Lot no.602.
The location of the auction is again at the Racecourse ground, two miles north of Ludlow.
For those attending we wish you a very pleasant and successful day and for those who are unable to attend, the facilities of on-line bidding or phone or commission bidding are available for you to share the enjoyment.
Usual loads of differing items from programmes, badges, medals(back to the 1890s),handbooks,annuals,shirts,photos,etc.etc.are all open to the bidding process.
See you soon, all the best.
andy1966

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:36 pm 
Post subject:

Missed the action today, but had a bid lodged on one item. Does anyone know where I can find the results please?
ntw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:35 pm 
Post subject:

andy1966 wrote:
Missed the action today, but had a bid lodged on one item. Does anyone know where I can find the results please?

Looks like they might be on Saleroom, still as a live auction (you'll need Flash installed and I'm on my phone, so can't confirm). They'll be on their website soon too.
andy1966

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:07 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks, not on either at the moment, will check later on
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: