Football Programmes Centre

Hereford United cover colours v Brighton
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hereford United cover colours v Brighton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnwells

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:09 am 
Post subject: Hereford United cover colours v Brighton

Hi i am a Brighton FC programme and know that for a period in the mid 70's Herefords programmes came in several different colour covers for eac game.

Can anyine advise please the variuos covers, in different colours used for any of the games v Brighhton. I have 2 versions of the issue for 16th November 1974 , an orange and a green cover, I must assume there were others

john
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
slightfold

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:53 pm 
Post subject:

John, you are right in saying that Hereford produced different colour covers for their home matches in the early 70s. As far as I am aware they did not issue 2 colours for all games, in fact most games only had the one. There is only one instance that I know of, Darlington in 72/3 where there was a third colour issued. As a completist I have this one and it was not cheap.
So I would believe that the 2 colourways for the Brighton game would most likely be the only ones issued. Hope this helps.
johnwells

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:25 pm 
Post subject: herford

slightfold hi thank you for your reply

john
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:51 am 
Post subject:

I think there were only two per match.

If there were more, I honestly don't know.
They didn't include Newport.

morgan1927

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:16 am 
Post subject: hereford programmes

I have a massive amount off Hereford doubles so will check for colours on some seventies games
Benno Spire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:25 pm 
Post subject:

In 1974/75 I am informed there were 4 colours for the Chesterfield programme, I have 3 of them, just need the orange cover
bigdoddsy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:54 pm 
Post subject:

for the Newcastle cup tie 72/73 I have orange, blue, green, yellow & have seen red. Anyone know of any others?

Cheers
morgan1927

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:39 am 
Post subject: newcastle tie

I think they must have printed the colour sheets first for their home games as at the time the colour would have taken a few runs to print and done the shells when quite .And then printed the black nearer the game .I have heard that there was two different dated programmes for the game which I went to as was living up at ross on wye at the time and in school
morgan1927

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:08 pm 
Post subject: colour

just found Macclesfield 70/71 fa.trophy third round in three different colours orange .green and light blue
slightfold

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:57 pm 
Post subject:

When I replied to the poster's initial enquiry I extrapolated from my own complete 72/3 homes, being a collector of first & last. I wrongly assumed that as there were only 2 colourways from that season that it followed that it would be the case for other seasons. It seems that this is not the case in some instances!There are defo 2 issues for Reading, Newport County, Bradford City,Bury, Aston Villa and 3 for Darlington. The Wolves reserves game also has 2.
Incidentally the Newcastle cup game was in 71/2 not 72/3.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: