Football Programmes Centre

1989 Charity Shield - anyone got a video of it?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1989 Charity Shield - anyone got a video of it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yachtsmun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:21 am 
Post subject: 1989 Charity Shield - anyone got a video of it?

I've been looking for years for a video of the 1989 (Arsenal v Liverpool) Charity Shield coverage (Match if the Day, I think) - specifically one which includes all the half-time chit-chat and crowd shots etc.

Don't suppose anyone on here can help, can they?
goodison

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:16 pm 
Post subject:

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B9-rkAhUPk
yachtsmun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:15 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Goodison, but sadly not. I have a feeling that the full 1989 match may have been broadcast live as well as having highlights shown that evening (although my memory is open to question round these parts at the moment Smile )

There's definitely footage with a much longer half-time segment with pundit chit-chat and more crowd shots (I've seen it a couple of times but sadly the VHS it was on got damaged).

The reason I ask is, well, because I'm on it (the only time I was ever shown clearly on-screen at a game, as far as I'm aware) and I'd quite like to get a copy to show my nipper.
goodison

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:10 pm 
Post subject:

It doesn't seem like it was shown live on either BBC or ITV, according to the guides linked below -

https://sites.google.com/site/motdlistings/home/1989-90

http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/itv/BigMatch83-88.html

Could it possibly have been shown in Ireland, I know they broadcast some games that weren't available in the UK, 3pm Saturday kick offs in the mid to late 80s were fairly common. Or possibly in the early days of Sky, I think that launched early in 1989.
yachtsmun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:28 pm 
Post subject:

The video I saw (in fact owned) was definitely taken from standard (free-to-air) UK TV, as that (plus a VCR) was all my family had.

I still have the VHS somewhere, but unfortunately a fair portion of it (including HT) was taped over by mistake, much to my chagrin.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: