Football Programmes Centre

Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:50 pm 
Post subject:

daiward wrote:
I will answer this now Wullie. If there is a proper investigation in progress why has no one in supposed authority ever come back to me. Neither the Liquidators or Trading Standards have bothered & this is why I posted pics of my stolen goods. We are all seriously out of pocket over this fiasco whilst those that should be acting for us are clearly not sufficiently interested. As for nobody admitting involvement in these crimes believe me there is always someone ready to spill the beans if the heat is turned up enough.

Can't you involve the Police if you think a theft has taken place? that would seem the obvious way forward.
Rafehod

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:57 pm 
Post subject:

I must say due to the amount of people who have been done over by Andy Lane I am surprised no one has popped round to his home if he still lives at the address in Prenton and sorted it out face to face. Lets face it on this investigation and liquidators bollocks is going to come up with naff all for anyone and take 3-5 years doing it.

He probably/sensibly has gone into hiding but I am sure he isnt that hard to find if someone was so minded.
daiward

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:11 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:
Can't you involve the Police if you think a theft has taken place? that would seem the obvious way forward

Hello? Please read back over what I have already contributed to this subject. In my day it would have been a police matter but nowadays they even spurn investigating burglaries when the occupiers leave their windows open! I am glad I retired before all of these changes especially the Thatcher years of harming the miners & a lot of others.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:03 pm 
Post subject:

daiward wrote:

Hello? Please read back over what I have already contributed to this subject. In my day it would have been a police matter but nowadays they even spurn investigating burglaries when the occupiers leave their windows open! I am glad I retired before all of these changes especially the Thatcher years of harming the miners & a lot of others.

Please accept my apologies for trying to be helpful Confused
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:23 pm 
Post subject:

Dai, there was a scam on this Forum a few years ago where a small number of folk got their fingers burnt, but nothing on the scale that you and Wullie and the lieks have suffered.

We managed to get the message out on good time when things started to appear strange, and so probably only 5 or 6 of us were affected, and I think having lost £400 I was the biggest loser. In the grand scheme of thefts though it's not the kind of thing the police are going to lose any sleep over.

I remain convinced that anyone with a bit of computer savvy could have determined who the perpetrator was, but that takes time, money and expertise....and for £400? I've absolutely no idea that mine, and other cases, were conveniently "parked in the long grass" and the suitable police administrative boxes ticked.

Wish you the very best in your endeavours. I was lucky with Lane, having gone round to his house to pick up unsold stuff when going to visit my aunty in a nearby care home.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:31 pm 
Post subject:

As the old saying goes, if you don't ask you don't get, so if I believed a theft of my property had taken place, I'd report it to the Police.

Whether anything came of it who knows, but absolutely nothing will come of it if you don't do it in the first place.

That is all my post is about. It certainly cannot do any harm.
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:42 pm 
Post subject:

In 2006, some chancer "sold" a large number of those A4 programmes that were available around the towns that England played in at Germany 2006. Nice tidy programmes, but you had to be in the right place at the right time. Sold a load on eBay and then never delivered them (never actually had any), just didn't think that the police would be bothered over £50 here, £100 there. However, about 20 of us communicated with each other, and then all complained to the police almost simultaneously. All of a sudden, it wasn't the odd £25 to the police, but a combined £5-10k. The police lifted the bloke, we provided our evidence and he was convicted. We also got money back from him. In terms of evidence / value, if enough people can demonstrate that there was something amiss legally, then put in a joint complaint as then it becomes, say £30k, and the police will then start taking it more seriously.
We did all provide evidence and it did prove fraud and I'm not well enough acquainted with this case to know if the evidence is anecdotal or can be backed up as we could.

Last edited by Ronsaunders on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:03 pm 
Post subject:

This is what was said about the Cameo auction thefts.

“This was an extremely large and complicated fraud investigation led by the council’s trading standards service that involved witnesses from all over the country as well as a lot of detailed financial analysis. The case was also one of the largest ever prosecuted by the council’s legal services team."

When i rang the lady at TS, she said the investigation is still going on with Lane . It's probably unfair to criticize the Trading Standards , as they have to accumulate and analyze a lot of evidence.
I understand peoples frustration but these people just need to be allowed to do their job.
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:17 pm 
Post subject:

In fact have a read of the Cameo complaints board and other articles involving them . It's stunning the similarities in those stories and those of Lane , from the lies, bouncing cheques, expensive holidays,
"" "You cannot help but wonder whether something more sinister happened to the 'lost' items.""" says one article.

http://www.complaintboard.com/cameo-auctioneers-l10727.html

At the end of the day the the authorities will decide whether there is a case to answer. I'm personally past caring. I feel for all the people who lost money and items and i feel sorry for his family .
daiward

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:57 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:
As the old saying goes, if you don't ask you don't get, so if I believed a theft of my property had taken place, I'd report it to the Police.

Quote:
At the end of the day the the authorities will decide whether there is a case to answer.

I wasn't going to bother making any other comment on this but there are those who just don't get the point. I have already submitted sufficient evidence to have expected a response from the Liquidators & Trading Standards so as to be interviewed & statements taken. Reporting to these 'authorities' should have been sufficient in the first place without me having to go directly to the police. We do not need pontificating at this stage but show we are united in requiring those 'authorities' to do their job.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:56 pm 
Post subject:

daiward wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
At the end of the day the the authorities will decide whether there is a case to answer.

I wasn't going to bother making any other comment on this but there are those who just don't get the point. I have already submitted sufficient evidence to have expected a response from the Liquidators & Trading Standards so as to be interviewed & statements taken. Reporting to these 'authorities' should have been sufficient in the first place without me having to go directly to the police. We do not need pontificating at this stage but show we are united in requiring those 'authorities' to do their job.

I get the point perfectly well, so the condescending tone isn't really required.

Maybe what you have done up until now should have been sufficient, maybe it still will be, but it won't do any harm to also pass this information directly onto the Police.

If you are reluctant to do so and are happy to leave it as it is and see what develops as these things can take time, fair enough.
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:41 pm 
Post subject:

I can understand daiward's frustration. Lane has clearly done some very dodgy stuff and the evidence is there i am certain. What i am saying is it'll take time,because in my case, i don't think he actually stole anything (in the eyes of the law) but he took 4 grands worth of items , never paid me and had TWO auctions after. So he clearly knew he was in trouble but kept his glamorous lifestyle going for as long as possible on lies. I call that legalized theft. A slap on the wrist . Now as in Diaward's case and others i would say is far more dodgy. And it all has to be shifted through . The police i have no faith at all .I can't see them getting involved unless Trading Standards ask for them to intervene.

Last edited by Wullie on Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:40 pm 
Post subject:

Reading the Cameo reports, any breakthrough will come when they investigate bank accounts. The similarities of the stories I've heard are , as i have said startling . But that does not mean Lane will be prosecuted. Hearsay and hard evidence are two different things. It will all depend what they find . And they won't need to find much . Cameo went to court on 11 offences . It may seem this sad case has fizzled out, but the words of the lady i rang at Trading Standards was "it's still on going."
All we can do now is sit and wait. Apart from the poor sod who lost £47,000 , most people stung will get over this in good time. Console yourself in the fact that this will hang over Lane for many many years to come.
beebop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:22 am 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:

but it won't do any harm to also pass this information directly onto the Police.
If you are reluctant to do so and are happy to leave it as it is and see what develops as these things can take time, fair enough.

We tried to report the matter to the police. The reaction received was that no theft has taken place as we willingly handed our property over. It's a civil matter which could be reported to Action Fraud (the Uk's national fraud reportingcentre).
If you read back through this entire thread I think you'll find that others have had the same experience. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard back from Action Fraud.

Our hope in this is that once initial investigations have been completed the matter will be reported to the police. In our opinion a theft took place when Lane used our money (i.e. the proceeds of sales) for his own purposes. In his duty as our (and your) agent he had no legal right to ownership of the goods or money which he was holding as our agent.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:41 am 
Post subject:

beebop wrote:

We tried to report the matter to the police.

Fair enough, at no point was that clarified. I think as Wullie has pointed out, this whole process could take some time, and it could (and probably does) involve more people than just Lane.

A few months back the Liquidators asked Lane to return all the items he was still holding back to their owners, was this ever done? are the Liquidators still talking to Lane?
Wullie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:56 pm 
Post subject:

Even the point that Cameo were selling on items via eBay were discovered by investigators. If Lane was doing the same which some have alleged then hopefully he'll be found out. And yes, others are no doubt involved . This is not some soap opera . It not going to be all sorted overnight.
daiward

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:58 pm 
Post subject:

I am sorry if I may be going on more than others can accept. But this guy has done me out of 600+ quid. And there ARE others out there who know what he was up to then & still do now. Please do not let this rest as I am never going to give up until he is dealt with properly or I get my money back! Hell will freeze over.

There is another thread over this issue that I have the same message.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:39 pm 
Post subject:

I got a letter today from Wirral Trading Standards . They can't find enough evidence to prosecute Lane, so that's the end of it. They said i could have some sort of claim and i need to get in touch with the official receiver , but as Lane is bankrupt , then there is no point. Maybe Lincoln imp or whatever he called himself can come on the forum and give his side of the story . I doubt it. I would like to expose any ventures he has in future to warn people of this bloke. Only fair i say. So that's it. All over and finished, just remember the name. Andy Lane. Avoid at all costs.
daiward

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:12 pm 
Post subject:

This is disturbing news Wullie. I will never receive a letter as the TS have not replied to me so have no concept at all of my full evidence being accepted which can prove this man is a thief.

I have the evidence of Andy Lane being a thief & a fraudster. And before there is any other continuous pontificating about me going to the police over this matter I say: How can I make a complaint of loss when it will be dealt with as a civil matter. That is their view is it not?

This man has deprived me. But not just me. Many of us. All of our precious possessions. And with the intention of deliberately depriving us of those possessions. Theft.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:39 pm 
Post subject:

The guy is a fraudster , i was told on day one by someone who knew him well , that he would reappear in another disguise. Then up pops his latest scam http://sportingmemorabiliainvestment.com/ just as this guy said.

The one thing Lane has that others do not is time. Plenty of time to cover tracks . I heard some interesting news about him that i'll pass on to you daiward in a pm
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: