Football Programmes Centre

SPORTINGOLD AUCTIONS
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
SPORTINGOLD AUCTIONS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nagrom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:50 pm 
Post subject: SPORTINGOLD AUCTIONS

08 SEPTEMBER 2016
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:14 pm 
Post subject:

I can't get there on Thursday but am going to have a good view on Wednesday.

If anyone would like me to check an item on their behalf I will happily do so - within reason of course.

Please PM me if interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:34 pm 
Post subject:

Nothing for me, but do have a look at the Leicester-Palace programme - even with punch holes, it's a good 'un. Thumbs Up
bluejames

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:50 pm 
Post subject:

i Just logged on and saw a Tottenham v Burnley postponed from 1968 sell for £1300
Wow!!
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:03 pm 
Post subject:

Makes note to check Tottenham pile in garage just in case!!

Puts the 45 quid I spend on a pre war Plymouth away into perspective

Plus commission and postage Smile
RoddyN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:42 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames wrote:
i Just logged on and saw a Tottenham v Burnley postponed from 1968 sell for £1300
Wow!!

Manchester United v Bolton 1927/28 went for £1200 and Austria Wien v United 1952/53 went for £5500 !!

Lucky vendors ?

He certainly does get good prices at his auctions.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:41 am 
Post subject:

RoddyN wrote:
bluejames wrote:
Wow!!

Manchester United v Bolton 1927/28 went for £1200 and Austria Wien v United 1952/53 went for £5500 !!

Lucky vendors ?

He certainly does get good prices at his auctions.

Not forgetting the buyers premium on top of those prices around 21% or 24% if purchased online.

The 1952 Friendly had a lot of restoration work throughout and i would say this was an incredible price considering£6650 or so. For the 1927 at around £1450 price-a figure i feel cannot not be sustained long term, still you get two folks battling then anything can happen, i bet the under bidder on both had a sigh of relief when he realized his lucky escape from the Red Mist factor perhaps or perhaps not?.

I better get my spares out for the Austria Wien match and consider flogging em at that level-same with the 1927 United homes too!

How much i wonder for this little lot then:
https://flic.kr/p/4UWiPD
https://flic.kr/p/67A4Rd
https://flic.kr/p/4mMhH5
https://flic.kr/p/8mfCfm
https://flic.kr/p/q3zyGa
https://flic.kr/p/qhHkn3

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
TheMusic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:15 pm 
Post subject:

A 1952 Austria Wien v Man Utd ticket in Belgium sold for £400 recently if that helps at all...
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:18 pm 
Post subject:

TheMusic wrote:
A 1952 Austria Wien v Man Utd ticket in Belgium sold for £400 recently if that helps at all...

where was it offered?, there was one on ebay but it was taken off before the auction ended.

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
TheMusic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:22 pm 
Post subject:

Yes, from memory that's the one; I seem to remember enquiring about it.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:29 pm 
Post subject:

TheMusic wrote:
Yes, from memory that's the one; I seem to remember enquiring about it.

but it was not sold on ebay, it must have been sold off ebay-how did you get a £400 price if it never was sold on the site, did you ask the seller and they advised they sold it off ebay for £400? just curious. I would say it is worth a bit more than £400 and now with the programme hitting over £6500 then the ticket is probably even more sought after perhaps, they certainly do not show up very often.

TheMusic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:46 pm 
Post subject:

Yes, correct - sorry if it wasn't clear - from memory, it was taken off eBay, I enquired as to why and was told it was being sold privately for £400.
Leigh Treymaine

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:07 pm 
Post subject: Sportingold

Also interesting to see that virtually all the lots sold !
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:47 pm 
Post subject:

Did the Pegasus single sheet homes go for a good price?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: