Football Programmes Centre

Forest book help
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forest book help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coops

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:30 am 
Post subject: Forest book help

A question for any Forest fans out there.I'm looking to buy a book on the club history of Nottingham Forest,but there seems to be two OFFICIAL 150 year anniversary editions for sale by different authors.Which would be the best one to buy ?.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:48 am 
Post subject:

The two that I am aware of Coops are the official club version by club historian Don Wright, and an updated 150th year version of Philip Soar's book from 1998. Philip Soar is a well respected football historian (but a terrible club shareholder!), but Don is the current official club historian, and his book was specifically written to celebrate the 150th year. So, although I have Soar's 1998 edition, my money would be on Don's
coops

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:37 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for that info Mick,I'll give Don's book a try.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:55 am 
Post subject:

No probs. The Philip Soar book is well worth having, its just not a 150th anniversary book in my opinion though
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: