Football Programmes Centre

FAIR AT TORQUAY THIS SUNDAY (10.30am - 1.30pm)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FAIR AT TORQUAY THIS SUNDAY (10.30am - 1.30pm)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:33 pm 
Post subject: FAIR AT TORQUAY THIS SUNDAY (10.30am - 1.30pm)

I am now busy preparing for my next Fair:
THE ENGLISH RIVIERA PROGRAMME & MEMORABILIA FAIR
Location: Restaurant, 1st Floor, Family Stand, Torquay United FC, Plainmoor, Torquay, TQ1 3PS.
Date & Time: Sunday September 4 (11.30am - 1.30pm)
Contact details: Gordon Bennett (m) 07927-519019, (email) [email protected]
Admission: £1, under-16's FREE
It's an excellent opportunity for collectors to meet, chat, browse and buy and sell in a relaxed friendly atmosphere.
If you're in the area, we hope to see you there!
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:24 pm 
Post subject:

I was going to post something about this too. I hope Westwardsprogs doesn't mind me adding to this.

For anyone travelling for this, an added note...

Torquay United are at home on the Saturday and the programme shop, which is situated inside the ground is giving away nearly all of last seasons home programmes free. This may mean paying to get in or they may still be there at the final whistle before being packed away. If you are missing your teams prog last season v Torquay, worth a look.
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:27 pm 
Post subject:

One of the dealers attending is Tom Roe, widely-respected as one of the country's leading dealers in memorabilia and ephemera. He will be happy to provide a valuation service and to buy as well as sell at the fair. He will also be happy to visit people at their homes after the fair is over if they so wish. Anyone with such items in their attic, may find it worth making contact with Tom on Sunday.
Unfortunately, one of the other dealers is no longer able to attend. Therefore, there is a spare three table stall available either for a dealer or a collector with surplus stock to sell to take their place. The fee is only £10. PM me if interested.
I have also been asked to look out for some Millwall aways at the fair: 49/50 at Torquay and at Exeter; 50/51 and 52/53 at Torquay; many pre-war at Exeter and Plymouth; also 81/82 Exeter Reserves home and away.
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:11 am 
Post subject:

This is a very sincere 'Big Thank You' to the stall-holders and collectors who supported the event - it was the first Fair in Torquay for many years - and attracted an attendance of just over 40, including an encouraging number of young collectors and some from as far away as Shrewsbury and Birmingham.
I'm sufficiently encouraged to have now booked the venue for another Fair on the same weekend next year, i.e. Sunday September 3, 2017.
Five and In

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:48 am 
Post subject: FAIR AT TORQUAY THIS SUNDAY (10.30am - 1.30pm)

Thanks again Gordon.
It was a really nice atmosphere to work in.
I was happy with the day and have had a few wants lists sent to me since Sunday, so the next few days will be enjoyable as I hunt through my stock.
See you in Plymouth.
Paul
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: