Football Programmes Centre

One Year on
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
One Year on
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:29 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
littlewiggy wrote:
Cheers Pete.

What a tremendous facility that is then.

(yours is great btw!)

Can recommend Flickr as a great way to easily show off your collection, no website skills required.

Scanning can be the tedious part though!

Cheers Tynie.

Sounds right up my street to be fair, I'm notoriously hopeless with technology!

Food for thought that is.
TartanTyneArmy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:31 pm 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:

The thought of it actually generating a few thou a month in profit is highly unlikely nowadays.
It's only maximising the advertising space that keeps the losses to a bare minimum.

My point was not that it will generate a 'profit', my point was that even if programmes generate a loss, they still generate a turnover. Turnover is the figure that allows spend on playing staff. You can have the most generous owners in the world but if you can't generate turnover, you can't pay players. So even when clubs sell things at a loss, it allows them to spend more on wages as turnover increases, Mr Chairman can only open his wallet if the fans have opened theirs.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/142569771@N06/P4X739
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:41 pm 
Post subject:

At the risk of dragging this topic even further off course, in the likes of Germany and Scandinavian countries, programmes are either free or very low cost.

eg in 2009, a 68 page A4 programme in Oslo for the Noway v Scotland game handed out free. 2014, similar sized programme for Germany v Scotland in Dortmund, cover price €1 but actually handed out free. Ditto in Sweden in 2011, in Netherlands in 2009 a pocket sized programme was on every seat. Back in 2004, Europes poorest nations Moldova managed a free 16 page A4 programme.

Now of course, these are probably paid for by the heavy advertising (although there was hardly any in the Moldova issue), but they are still impressive productions with plenty content, and of course for the advertisers, if they are handed out for free more people see their adverts!

This is the same model most German clubs follow, and I'm surprised it's not been at least tried out in the UK.
MINSTERMAN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:10 pm 
Post subject:

I'm going to drag this topic even further off course.
I thought the one year on title was reference to the fact that the not-so-might minstermen lost again today at Wrexham. This means that it will be one year on since we last won away in the league before we next play on the road at Torquay next month........................................ Get My Coat
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:23 pm 
Post subject:

Don't know if other club do it, but for 15 years now, Palace have sold a programme voucher book @ £50 for all the home league and cup programmes for a whole season. A great saving as each league programme is £3.50, and then you can also get several cup games too

I'd quite like it if a ticket price included a programme, but a few people actually buy more than one, whilst others don't even want it when its free, so logistically a headache

I've been at a few games where programmes were free (usually abroad) and I'm like a kid in a sweetshop, going back for seconds and thirds if they are handed out, or taking a handful if it is a pile!!!
Eck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:18 am 
Post subject:

Rangers programme is a lot smaller this season, they are refusing to do a subscription because they make more selling individually, they claimed there was low demand for subs which is bullshit, the current custodians have shown themselves to be as conniving as all of their predecessors in that when the club is in demand they can get away with treating fans like shit, and they do.
Fishy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:21 pm 
Post subject:

For fishy: the gold supporters club badge?.

Kyle[/quote]

Yes that's the one. I've just realised that you have titled the pics - Old Carlisle Supporters badge.......
Superblue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:31 pm 
Post subject:

I'm not sure how old it is but I would say 70s or 80, it is probably my favourite. For a small badge it has alot of detail.

Kyle
Fishy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:35 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Kyle - it's certainly very nice.
Superblue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:38 pm 
Post subject:

I'm happy you like it.

Kyle
Valky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:59 pm 
Post subject:

I used to avidly collect the Chelsea programme as a kid mainly because that was the only way of getting any info about my club apart from the occasional 3-line paragraph on p.312 of Ceefax.

When Ken Bates was chairman he had no issues speaking his mind and that was great entertainment.

A page about our fan club in Shanghai (est'd 2012) or some non-controversial statement from our manager is pretty tedious so the only thing left to read that I find interesting is about our youth and reserves - the rest can be shredded.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: