Football Programmes Centre

Wigan
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wigan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kick Off Programme

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:23 pm 
Post subject: Wigan

We have recently acquired a collection which included a large number of Wigan Rugby & Football programmes etc. However included in this were approx 350 Wigan RL scrapbooks, detailing games over the last 30 odd years, mainly from local papers. Some other RL games in Wigan are covered as well. We don’t want to dump these, so they are available FREE to collect from our place in Leeds, send us a PM or contact us via our website www.kickoffprogrammes.com
Thanks!
dangerman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:44 pm 
Post subject:

why not try posting here http://www.totalrl.com/ on there forum and go to rugby league collectors forum
martino

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:49 pm 
Post subject:

I just had a look at the site suggested by Dangerman and, reading the posts, Rugby League programmes even going back to WW2 seem to be hard to shift, with the odd exception.

A smaller market than Soccer but Rugby League collecting looks to be dying quickly.
ntw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:30 pm 
Post subject: Re: Wigan

Kick Off Programme wrote:
We have recently acquired a collection which included a large number of Wigan Rugby & Football programmes etc. However included in this were approx 350 Wigan RL scrapbooks, detailing games over the last 30 odd years, mainly from local papers. Some other RL games in Wigan are covered as well. We don’t want to dump these, so they are available FREE to collect from our place in Leeds, send us a PM or contact us via our website www.kickoffprogrammes.com
Thanks!

PM sent
Kick Off Programme

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:19 pm 
Post subject: Wigan Scrapbooks

Thanks for all your replies, we still have them, but am trying the website someone suggested. Had one time waster from here, Ooh Yes, I'm a Wigan collector from Leeds I'd be interested, sent him a contact number, nothing! Still if no response soon bonfire night approaches!
ntw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:03 pm 
Post subject: Re: Wigan Scrapbooks

Kick Off Programme wrote:
Thanks for all your replies, we still have them, but am trying the website someone suggested. Had one time waster from here, Ooh Yes, I'm a Wigan collector from Leeds I'd be interested, sent him a contact number, nothing! Still if no response soon bonfire night approaches!

I could maybe live with the slight of being a time waster, but to be accused of being a Wigan collector... that hurts Wink

Your paraphrasing of our exchange is pretty poor. On 27 July I sent:

"Hi. Imight be interested in the Wigan scrapbooks that you're offering for free. I'm on holiday at the moment, but live in Leeds, so could come to see you at a convenient time next week perhaps? Evenings are best for me, but please advise what suits you. Would also be interested in any programmes you have for games against Warrington-do you have a list of what you have, or could I take a look next week too?

Thanks
Neil"

If it wasn't clear from this, I'm a Warrington collector (hence my question about Wire programmes), who lives in Leeds: is this hard to believe? Not sure what suggests I'm a pie eater from this!!

You finally bothered replying on 11 August, with:

"Hi Neil,

Are you still interested? if so please contact us ASAP

Thanks KOP"

Apologies for not coming back to you-I've been rather busy, and didn't bother getting back to you as you'd taken so long to get back to me, and didn't make the effort to answer any of the questions I'd asked. And besides, you hadn't left a contact number, so based on all this I made a judgement not to waste any more of my time or yours Get My Coat
Kick Off Programme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:44 am 
Post subject: Wigan Scrapbooks

Apologies for confusing you with a Wigan collector, however I think it is an understandable mistake to make, as you were interested in taking 350 Wigan scrapbooks off our hands, and were also asking about Wigan v Warrington programmes.
There were a number of reasons for not getting back to you until 11/8, not least of which was that we have holidays too! I wasn't sure if you were still interested so sent a message as you rightly say on 11/8, after which we heard nothing, so assumed your interest had waned
There are quite a few Wires (home & away) programmes on our website, http://www.kickoffprogrammes.com/rugby-league/
or if you send me your email address I can email a list to you

Thanks again

KOP
ntw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:22 pm 
Post subject:

No programmes of interest thanks. I'll pass on the scrapbooks, but hope they find a good home: have you tried the Wigan museum?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: