Football Programmes Centre

The Quest for the 92
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Quest for the 92
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:22 pm 
Post subject:

I think I was up to 74 at one stage. It's back down to 55 now (not including Rochdale, which I've only been to for Rugby League.

13 clubs have moved grounds since I last went there, and 8 have lost their league status
DySporting

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:34 pm 
Post subject:

I’m hindered in my attempt to complete the 92 by being at Rochdale games every Saturday. Next season apart from a couple of non-league ground pre-season no new grounds.

I’ve done 82 of the 92

150+ overall
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:52 pm 
Post subject:

Yes...Likewise over the past few seasons we've been hindered by Dan's football commitments.

At the end of this season he'd done all 24 League 1 Grounds, Macca had done 23. Just Millwall to do.

Next season we have 4:

In August whilst they are off school, would like:

Bristol Rovers,
Wimbledon,
Millwall (especially for Macca)
or Charlton Away.

Especially looking forward to Bristol Rovers, its where one branch of the family hail from.

Even one in midweek would be ok.

Would take one, weekend before Christmas, or Good Friday, or last away game or half term.

DO NOT WANT Mid-week School time

1st Rd League Cup would take Accrington Away, if we managed to fluke a win, then Sunderland away would do nicely.

Johnstone's Paint pot, the only Northern Club in it, that we haven't been to is Accrington.

FA Cup 1st and 2nd Rd. Any League 2 team we haven't been to.

If we're still in it: FA Cup 3rd Rd. Premier League Club Away (which we haven't been to)

Throw in a couple of magical mystery tours, hopefully over 60 by this time next year. Then again may well be still on 54 and 53.

Already having withdrawal symptoms Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
foxes1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 pm 
Post subject:

4 new grounds lined up for next season so far to see Leicester City play

First in line will be a trip up to Celtic Park to watch our international cup game (Or so it's called) I would class it as a pre-season warm-up with the Scottish champions playing the English champions.

Then 9 days later it's a trip to the Friends Arena in Stockholm to watch our pre-season game against Barcelona.

Followed by a break of a few days it's then off to see Leicester at the new Wembley (been to the old one) in the Community Shield against Man Utd.

Only other new one so far will be the Olympic Stadium to watch our league game against West Ham whenever that is.

Hopefully will also be able to afford to see us in the Champions League games dependant on who we get, but knowing our luck we will be in some far flung corner of Europe like Kazhakstan

Last edited by foxes1 on Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
bigearl79

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:57 pm 
Post subject:

I've got Wimbledon and Charlton to do which will take me up to 73. The only other clubs in the lower leagues I haven't done is Morecambe, Stevenage and Barnet. Several in Championship that could be drawn away in the League Cup first round. Same again re Premier League should we go deep in either cup. Most are London and Southern based.
bigearl79

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:40 am 
Post subject:

AFC Wimbledon done now which moves me on to 72. Very non league, which of course it is. Friendly club that makes you want to go back. Impressed with the badge stall at the front of the ground. Matchday badges for virtually every home game ever played. I didn't buy any as I refuse to for run of the mill matches. If I buy one, I'd buy them all and where would it end. A lot of money over the course of a season.
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:00 pm 
Post subject:

im on 73 of the current 92 at the moment and will complete this season. going to Hartlepool v Notts county this Saturday and got my tickets for Stevenage, Northampton and Wycombe later this month.

to do

Prem: West Ham Utd, Bournemouth
Championship: Brentford
League One: Wimbledon, Northampton, Bristol Rovers, Oxford, Southend, Gillingham
League Two: Stevenage, Hartlepool, Wycombe, Plymouth, Cheltenham, Orient, Blackpool, Carlisle, Yeovil, Newport
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:43 pm 
Post subject:

West Ham's new ground will be I think my 109th different league ground watching Palace. That includes many former league grounds now demolished and grounds which are no longer league grounds. I don't know how many of the current 92 league grounds I've done but I'd guess it is high 70's or very low 80s

Would have really liked to have gone to Accy Stanley v Palace in last seasons Youth Cup, but only had a weeks notice of the fixture date and it just wasn't possible to make it Sad
mark01

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:41 am 
Post subject:

Up to 161 league grounds done - just West Ham now - might get there this season if I can get a ticket for a saturday game.

My clubs (new grounds) to finish down to step 3 of the non league pyramid are North Ferriby, Maidstone, AFC Fylde, FC United, Curzon Ashton, Chorley, Salford City, Poole Town, Margate and Cardiff Met (Welsh Prem).

Should be able to make that lot before attacking Southern and Northern league Prem and Ishmian.

Mark
bigearl79

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:17 pm 
Post subject:

mark01 wrote:
Up to 161 league grounds done - just West Ham now - might get there this season if I can get a ticket for a saturday game.

My clubs (new grounds) to finish down to step 3 of the non league pyramid are North Ferriby, Maidstone, AFC Fylde, FC United, Curzon Ashton, Chorley, Salford City, Poole Town, Margate and Cardiff Met (Welsh Prem).

Should be able to make that lot before attacking Southern and Northern league Prem and Ishmian.

Mark

Tickets for the Europa League game next week are £15. A few left yesterday I believe.
mark01

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:17 pm 
Post subject:

Yes, I realise that but with another grandchild born yesterday and an overnight stay in London inevitable my wife has banned me for any further travels in August. Haven't told her yet but just booked a travelodge in Hull for the North Ferriby/Southport game in September.

regards, Mark
se20blue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:37 pm 
Post subject:

bigearl79 wrote:
mark01 wrote:

Mark

Tickets for the Europa League game next week are £15. A few left yesterday I believe.

Are Europa League games now played on a Saturday ?
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:21 am 
Post subject:

Hartlepool done yesterday. now done 74 of the current 92
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:28 pm 
Post subject:

Current League Ground No 55/92

Millwall - The New Den

Up early, …..putting body armour on always takes time and we're out by 7:15am.
The lads look none too impressed. Dan's been before and Macca hasn't but he's changed his underpants twice already.

We arrive Stanmore around 10am. A place in our hearts we know only too well, we always go there before our traditional no-shows at Play-off finals. It doesn't bode well, but there's ample room for parking here at £2 all day.

Can we go to Barnet instead?

Purchase a day ticket and headed for Tower Bridge, after a short sortee round we doubled back around the back of 'The Shard' to the George Inn. Its a grand old building owned by the National Trust, of which I was clearly almost single-handedly contributing to the running costs at £5.45 a pint and a Fiver for two small bottles of coke. After I'd come round from feign-ting, we sprawled on the hay-bales outside whilst conversing with some Blades outside.

Its five minutes back to the Station for the short trip to Millwall, the train is fuller than a train in Karachi rush hour. I'm not sure this is the right train, its about to go, the guard yells 'where u want to go'. I shout back in a dull Yorkshire accent 'South Bermondsey'. He confirms it, as do the hundreds of Millwall fans who are grinning as we climb aboard.

There's a large Police presence as you can imagine at the Ground and we're sectioned off down our own separate walkways, I did try to persuade the boys to head down the other one, but they were sticking close. Arrived 2pm. I decide to chance it and head off to Reception. Come on, have to get the team sheets. but we're a tad early so we head over to the Millwall cafe, by now the two pints of 'Peroni' was having an effect on my water works. Outside there's a bloke, whose belly is struggling in the confines of his Blades shirt. He was either completely mental or very brave We decided on the former. We visit the Programme shop, its the smallest shop in Britain, but here lay our quarry and the sheets are purchased for 30p each. Nice. Into the Away end and I take out a second mortgage for Burger and Chips. The boys head for the back row, central behind the goal, its a cracking view, alas a touch breezy.

The match follows an all too familiar pattern, We have plenty of possession, but no idea what to do with it, Millwall are having a hoof-fest and we start the second half like a 40 year old Lada stuck in reverse. 20 minutes to go, and there's a rare moment of mirth, a clearance is skyed into the Barry Kitchener Stand, a Phil Mitchell lookalike in the Millwall end just for a fleeting moment, forgets his place and throws caution to the wind and with reckless abandonment propels himself forward in an attempt to head the ball back onto the playing surface, Seconds later he's upside down several rows nearer to pitchside, the impressive triple salko with a double twist to smashed face definitely needs work. Laugh, yes I definitely needed the toilet again. The games petering out to a draw until two minutes to go, there's an act of madness by our centre-half, out-jumped by 64 year old Steve Morison, but showing ample flexibility to punch the ball away, its an absolute gift of a penalty and we're sunk, Cue the 'bouncy bouncy brigade' in their Ben Sherman shirts, on the top tier of the Dockers racing over to us to remind of us off the score.

The atmosphere changed and a couple of things in the closing minutes left a sour taste. The ball went out for a United throw, but the youngster (about 8 yrs od) in the crowd, threw the ball backwards which started off a chain reaction. Finally, it came to the front where some 'bell end' held it out, then threw it down the concourse, laughed in the face of the United player and then threatened him. At least two minutes gone there, the ball now passed to the other side where the ball boy held out the ball to our full back, then proceeded to kick it thirty yards down the ground, not once but twice. It was all very nice of them. If anyone deserved a 'Cantona' it was that smirking little shit.

Fully expected to be kept behind after the game but on arrival at the station was told by a copper that in no uncertain terms that we should hurry up as we really needed to catch 'THIS' train. There was something in that sentence that suggested he was right. We did just. Back at Tower Bridge, It was only 5.30, so I decided the lads could go see some of the sights. Tea on the embankment at the temporary Olympic fan zone in the shadows of HMS Belfast. Pulled Pork with sald and chips. Quality,There were thousands of people milling around, equipped with Camera's, I phones and tablets, a kaleidoscopic rainbow of people from far and wide, I should know as we were the only one's who spoke English. It was like being at Old Trafford. Razz

Over Tower Bridge, past the Tower and back over London Bridge, recalling history lessons from school as the lads searched for Pokemon's.

Arrived Stanmore 8.00. Back home for 11pm. A tad expensive, but a little different from normal away days but nonetheless a Great day out with the gruesome twosome.

Tickets: £40 (£26 and 2 x £7)
Programmes: £3
Teamsheet: £0.30p
Beer: 5.45 per pint at The George (£4 per bottle at ground)
Burger and Chips in Ground: £6
Train and Tube fares: £27
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:45 pm 
Post subject: Funs day out

I may have posted this before but aged six my daughter Freya was officially the hardest football fan in the world having been to two matches..Millwall away ( twice)

Her twin sister wimped it by starting with Gillingham away before the Millwall fests

Strangely neither are into football now but it was tricky when they asked me to explain what the lovely shaven headed Millwall people were chanting

I am officially adopting your two as my surrogate ground hoppers

Peter
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:21 pm 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:
Current League Ground No 55/92

Millwall - The New Den

Up early, …..putting body armour on always takes time and we're out by 7:15am.
The lads look none too impressed. Dan's been before and Macca hasn't but he's changed his underpants twice already.

We arrive Stanmore around 10am. A place in our hearts we know only too well, we always go there before our traditional no-shows at Play-off finals. It doesn't bode well, but there's ample room for parking here at £2 all day.

Can we go to Barnet instead?

Purchase a day ticket and headed for Tower Bridge, after a short sortee round we doubled back around the back of 'The Shard' to the George Inn. Its a grand old building owned by the National Trust, of which I was clearly almost single-handedly contributing to the running costs at £5.45 a pint and a Fiver for two small bottles of coke. After I'd come round from feign-ting, we sprawled on the hay-bales outside whilst conversing with some Blades outside.

Its five minutes back to the Station for the short trip to Millwall, the train is fuller than a train in Karachi rush hour. I'm not sure this is the right train, its about to go, the guard yells 'where u want to go'. I shout back in a dull Yorkshire accent 'South Bermondsey'. He confirms it, as do the hundreds of Millwall fans who are grinning as we climb aboard.

There's a large Police presence as you can imagine at the Ground and we're sectioned off down our own separate walkways, I did try to persuade the boys to head down the other one, but they were sticking close. Arrived 2pm. I decide to chance it and head off to Reception. Come on, have to get the team sheets. but we're a tad early so we head over to the Millwall cafe, by now the two pints of 'Peroni' was having an effect on my water works. Outside there's a bloke, whose belly is struggling in the confines of his Blades shirt. He was either completely mental or very brave We decided on the former. We visit the Programme shop, its the smallest shop in Britain, but here lay our quarry and the sheets are purchased for 30p each. Nice. Into the Away end and I take out a second mortgage for Burger and Chips. The boys head for the back row, central behind the goal, its a cracking view, alas a touch breezy.

The match follows an all too familiar pattern, We have plenty of possession, but no idea what to do with it, Millwall are having a hoof-fest and we start the second half like a 40 year old Lada stuck in reverse. 20 minutes to go, and there's a rare moment of mirth, a clearance is skyed into the Barry Kitchener Stand, a Phil Mitchell lookalike in the Millwall end just for a fleeting moment, forgets his place and throws caution to the wind and with reckless abandonment propels himself forward in an attempt to head the ball back onto the playing surface, Seconds later he's upside down several rows nearer to pitchside, the impressive triple salko with a double twist to smashed face definitely needs work. Laugh, yes I definitely needed the toilet again. The games petering out to a draw until two minutes to go, there's an act of madness by our centre-half, out-jumped by 64 year old Steve Morison, but showing ample flexibility to punch the ball away, its an absolute gift of a penalty and we're sunk, Cue the 'bouncy bouncy brigade' in their Ben Sherman shirts, on the top tier of the Dockers racing over to us to remind of us off the score.

The atmosphere changed and a couple of things in the closing minutes left a sour taste. The ball went out for a United throw, but the youngster (about 8 yrs od) in the crowd, threw the ball backwards which started off a chain reaction. Finally, it came to the front where some 'bell end' held it out, then threw it down the concourse, laughed in the face of the United player and then threatened him. At least two minutes gone there, the ball now passed to the other side where the ball boy held out the ball to our full back, then proceeded to kick it thirty yards down the ground, not once but twice. It was all very nice of them. If anyone deserved a 'Cantona' it was that smirking little shit.

Fully expected to be kept behind after the game but on arrival at the station was told by a copper that in no uncertain terms that we should hurry up as we really needed to catch 'THIS' train. There was something in that sentence that suggested he was right. We did just. Back at Tower Bridge, It was only 5.30, so I decided the lads could go see some of the sights. Tea on the embankment at the temporary Olympic fan zone in the shadows of HMS Belfast. Pulled Pork with sald and chips. Quality,There were thousands of people milling around, equipped with Camera's, I phones and tablets, a kaleidoscopic rainbow of people from far and wide, I should know as we were the only one's who spoke English. It was like being at Old Trafford. Razz

Over Tower Bridge, past the Tower and back over London Bridge, recalling history lessons from school as the lads searched for Pokemon's.

Arrived Stanmore 8.00. Back home for 11pm. A tad expensive, but a little different from normal away days but nonetheless a Great day out with the gruesome twosome.

Tickets: £40 (£26 and 2 x £7)
Programmes: £3
Teamsheet: £0.30p
Beer: 5.45 per pint at The George (£4 per bottle at ground)
Burger and Chips in Ground: £6
Train and Tube fares: £27

another great post mate. i did Millwall v Sheff Utd last season. loved the atmosphere. Im doing Wimbledon v Sheff Utd in a few weeks.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:31 pm 
Post subject:

Paul Johnson wrote:

another great post mate. i did Millwall v Sheff Utd last season. loved the atmosphere. Im doing Wimbledon v Sheff Utd in a few weeks.

Many thanks, We've only been given 750 tickets, so its probably just as well I'm working that night and I'm unable to go.

Good luck with your travels this season
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:35 pm 
Post subject: Re: Funs day out

pafcprogs wrote:
I may have posted this before but aged six my daughter Freya was officially the hardest football fan in the world having been to two matches..Millwall away ( twice)

Her twin sister wimped it by starting with Gillingham away before the Millwall fests

Strangely neither are into football now but it was tricky when they asked me to explain what the lovely shaven headed Millwall people were chanting

I am officially adopting your two as my surrogate ground hoppers

Peter

Cheers Pete,

Would have got Blackburn in this week if we hadn't imploded against world beaters Crewe in the previous round. Toyed with the idea of Derby or even Deepdale, but those three are for rainy days and our Dan is playing against Stoke City on Wednesday afternoon so he needs his beauty sleep Smile
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:56 pm 
Post subject:

Double header last weekend. did Stevenage v Hartlepool 6-1 on the Saturday then stayed at a mates house in Northampton Saturday night and went to the Northampton v MK dons match sunday 3-2 which was a very entertaining match.

Wimbledon v Sheffield Utd this saturday overnight stay at a mates house in Crystal Palace then watching Hull KR at London on the Sunday in Ealing.

good job i have an understanding missus Very Happy
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:45 pm 
Post subject:

Paul Johnson wrote:
Double header last weekend. did Stevenage v Hartlepool 6-1 on the Saturday then stayed at a mates house in Northampton Saturday night and went to the Northampton v MK dons match sunday 3-2 which was a very entertaining match.

Wimbledon v Sheffield Utd this saturday overnight stay at a mates house in Crystal Palace then watching Hull KR at London on the Sunday in Ealing.

good job i have an understanding missus Very Happy

Cracking effort...I have foregone the opportunity to go to Wimbledon on saturday because of a job that has come up on saturday night and the little un playing two games on Saturday at the Academy.

Next scheduled stop for the boys is 'The Valley'.

They'll be a magic mystery trip before that tho.

Keeping the Faith Nod
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 18 of 27

Jump to: