Football Programmes Centre

Programme guide books - add another to the small list!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Programme guide books - add another to the small list!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 pm 
Post subject:

Posted on another thread but it seems more at home on this one.

The limited edition book covers the first team and reserve team fixtures in all league and cup competitions, plus well over 600 friendlies and other games played at Ayresome Park and the Riverside, all listed by season. It includes postponements, rearranged fixtures and for the first time in any publication, a list of Boro North Riding Senior Cup and Youth Cup fixtures. It doesn't feature any images but does indicate whether a programme was produced for the games.

A new updated version is currently being produced dating back to 1899 and will be available soon. It will provide much more detail including a number of images.
boroshaun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:55 pm 
Post subject:

Looks a cracking book Rocky! Smile
Rocky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:03 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Shaun. I think you'll agree, five top lads compiled that book.

Wink Thumbs Up
morgan1927

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:48 pm 
Post subject:

The everton book was a lovely book and I had expected some type of checklist in there .I have a few of the arsenal ones four in total .and the old west ham one among others they did start doing updates on it but don't think it lasted long .how much is the middlesbro one please used to enjoy calling in boro programmes .was up there one day and the new middlesbro shirt had gone on sale and there were hundreads at the ground .about three days later back in wales I was sitting in a beer garden and a young kid ran past wearing one I said to who I through were his parents he was quick getting that I saw the queues up there Iwhen I was asked why said I was at boro programmes .it was only georges exwife who was living in wales and had picked up her grandson and had taken him to the beach .hope hes ok heard he had retired
colchestersid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:00 pm 
Post subject:

The West Ham one was produced by Fred Loveday in 1982 and covered West Ham homes at all levels - 1946/7 to 1981/2. He also issued one supplement/update in 1984 which covered the next two seasons and a few minor corrections to the original volume. No pictures but now very sought after by West Ham collectors

Fred helped out for 30+ years on Ellis' stall on Green Street and before then when Peter Holtom had the stall - he saw his first game at the Boleyn in 1942 I believe but has decided not to keep going with the move to Stratford

Scanned below is the cover and an example of the layout. My copy is in pieces now as I used it as my checklist! (BTW - the Millwall programme left unchecked below was a non issue - No 36 that season was actually Charlton in the Combination cup (postponed)...)

DonQuixote

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:04 pm 
Post subject:

All a labour of love but I wonder how many of the modern
versions will be scrutinised and eventually pulped at the
behest of the draconian Dataco.....?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: