Football Programmes Centre

Rangers collectors guide 1947-2016
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rangers collectors guide 1947-2016
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:33 pm 
Post subject: Rangers collectors guide 1947-2016

Came out today.

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:48 am 
Post subject:

looks an interesting publication-what is the content-just lists and lists and the odd image per season?-any colour images at all? is it for collectors with a check list to knock off what they have got or more for the general fan?.

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:41 am 
Post subject:

Hi Leslie, No images, just a list of games played and notifications on whether a programme was produced or not, includes postponed matches, also notes where there was more than one programme and where different covers.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:44 am 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
Hi Leslie, No images, just a list of games played and notifications on whether a programme was produced or not, includes postponed matches, also notes where there was more than one programme and where different covers.

For me that would be disappointing if the only covers shown are on the front cover as to whom is the book appealing too?

U would think maybe 2-3 image examples per season would have been interesting especially anything considered to be super scarce so everyone can see, seems to me this is would then have a limited appeal and £12 being forked out is going to put a restriction on sales perhaps??.

The "Ultimate United Reviewed" by Alison Ward in 2 versions that last came out in 2003 was much taller and similar format but pages were devoted to every post war season for all first team/ reserves/ youth/ minor games etc etc as the forward shows, i am showing an odd page from both editions and the larger images were from the later edition at the back where a selection at the back to Programmes, tickets, menu's as well as 2-3 per season showing odd covers.

These 2 books became a Bible for United collectors and are both still available-fantastic images in the second edition.

This was the first edition measuring 8 x 6" with 300 pages from 1998

Then in 2003 the larger version came out with 230 pages which measured 12 x 8"

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:46 am 
Post subject:

The book is intended for reference only Leslie, the two guys who put it together are collectors who did it to help new Rangers collectors who are in the dark about non issues, there have only been 100 printed and they have to sell half of them to break even, there will be more printed if there is a demand and i'm sure there will be.
PeterE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:05 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Eck,

Where can it be bought from?

Cheers
Peter
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:11 pm 
Post subject:

PM your address and i'll give you Willie Clark's paypal, i'll send him your address and after he has received payment he will send your details to Tam Cuthill who will post in a hard backed envelope.
PeterE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:07 pm 
Post subject:

Done
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:58 pm 
Post subject:

Despite the lack of images it is commendable for a couple of collectors to produce a publication such as this with the aim of helping out fellow collectors.

Should be one for every club.

There was a thread on here a few years ago which listed such publications.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:23 pm 
Post subject:

bisphamseasider wrote:
Despite the lack of images it is commendable for a couple of collectors to produce a publication such as this with the aim of helping out fellow collectors.

There was a thread on here a few years ago which listed such publications.

Agree, a very commendable effort, particularly as it appears to be self financed.

More scans of programmes would have been nice, but I suppose that increases the page count and therefore cost.

The Hearts one published in 1993 has a page of cover scans for every season (in black and white)
Rocky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:30 pm 
Post subject:

Does anybody know if those Man Utd books are soft back or hardback? I'm assuming hardback looking at the price.
kcs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:42 pm 
Post subject:

bisphamseasider wrote:

I have just found a volunteer for the Blackpool edition Smile

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:22 pm 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:
bisphamseasider wrote:

I have just found a volunteer for the Blackpool edition Smile

I have been working on one for years but then decided that rather than a book I would produce a comprehenisive website covering not only 1st team matches but also reserves and youth programmes.

It is still ongoing but I don't get much chance to develop it any further at the moment.

I still like the idea of a book though.

Might get inspired again soon.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:30 pm 
Post subject:

Same process I went through Bisp.
Thought about a book but found doing a website was cheaper and easier. Though it still took over a year to do.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Rocky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:42 pm 
Post subject:

I was a member of a group of Boro collectors who got together to produce this book in 2012.

The format of our book sounds very similar to what the Rangers collectors have produced and it also lists whether a programme was produced or not. The limited edition book covers the first team and reserve team fixtures in all league and cup competitions, plus well over 600 friendlies and other games played at Ayresome Park and the Riverside, all listed by season. It also includes postponements, rearranged fixtures and for the first time in any publication, a list of Boro North Riding Senior Cup and Youth Cup fixtures.

A new updated version is currently being produced going back to 1899 and will hopefully be available soon. It will provide much more detail including a number of images.
CNSOBU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:15 pm 
Post subject:

Anyone planning (or have completed) a Wolves or Norwich list?
Rocky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:36 pm 
Post subject:

Rocky wrote:
Does anybody know if those Man Utd books are soft back or hardback? I'm assuming hardback looking at the price.

Anyone? Sherlock
PeterE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:11 pm 
Post subject:

Rocky - looking at the images of both books, there seems to be a solid spine, which would indicate that they're hardbacks.
CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:01 am 
Post subject:

The only one I've ever seen was one produced from Brighton Hove Albion; superb pocket size, a few images if I remember right but hit the spot for the information collectors need
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:00 pm 
Post subject:

The Liverpool "Bible" was produced in 1996 and was a labour of love from big Jim Gardiner affectionately known as "Jimmy the Jock". Packed with information on availability of 1st team programmes from 1945 - 1996, each season is well documented with a synopsis followed by a rundown of every match and selected photocopies of quirkier issues. (no scans back then!)

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: