Football Programmes Centre

Paypal Personal Gift charges?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Paypal Personal Gift charges?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dellboye

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:13 am 
Post subject: Paypal Personal Gift charges?

Has anyone sent a payment as a gift via paypal recently as they seemed to have started to charge for the privelige. Or maybe its just something strange with my account.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:34 am 
Post subject:

Laughing Sorry mate, you should have said before you paid!!

I sometimes get charged for gifts but sometimes not... i thought it may be to do with limits on what you can send but ive sent more recently than ever and not had any charges so i cant work it out!
PennyBlake

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:08 am 
Post subject:

Ive recently sent a gift and I too got charged.

Uually when I make a payment I dont pay a charge, however, the person who recieves the money pays a charge (Usually 3.8% + 20p depending on the volume they recieve). However, when you make a payment as a gift the charge is paid by the person making the payment (i.e. you). Its so that if you make a gift os say £10 thenthat person recieves £10 not £10 less charges

Chairboys since 1993
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
foxes1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:37 am 
Post subject: Paypal Charges

Reading the Paypal website it looks like to me, that if you use your Paypal account for payment you will not get charged for payment, but if you use a credit/debit charge to pay you will be charged.

https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en_GB#8.%20Fees

If you look at the attached link it may be clearer (You need to look at Section 8 ).
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:10 am 
Post subject:

I never fully understood this, but I have come up with the theory that if you have money in your paypal account then sending as a gift is free, however if the payment comes from your card/bank through paypal than there is a charge.

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:48 am 
Post subject:

foxes1 wrote:
Reading the Paypal website it looks like to me, that if you use your Paypal account for payment you will not get charged for payment, but if you use a credit/debit charge to pay you will be charged.

STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY wrote:
I never fully understood this, but I have come up with the theory that if you have money in your paypal account then sending as a gift is free, however if the payment comes from your card/bank through paypal than there is a charge.

That sounds familiar actually and would make perfect sense! Thumbs Up
Senior82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:41 am 
Post subject:

STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY wrote:

That is correct.
Geddon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:59 pm 
Post subject:

Yeah, I noticed that a while ago and still seems to be the case.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:48 pm 
Post subject: charges

...and yet I recently spent a fair bit on ebay with nothing in my Paypal account and din't get charged for using my credit card on gifts. Anything perhaps with feedback scores, or level of buying?
paulo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:57 am 
Post subject:

Craig wrote:
foxes1 wrote:

STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY wrote:

That sounds familiar actually and would make perfect sense! Thumbs Up

Agreed, I have just made a gift with some money in my account and I have not been charged.

Cant argue with it I supose. Just wish paypal would reduce their charges on low value transactions!
tonyleach

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:15 pm 
Post subject:

i tried to pay 2 as gifts last week and the second 1 was going to have a charge , so i left the second 1 till the next day and didnt get charged

www.tonyswebspace.co.uk
www.lancashirepumas.co.uk
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: