Football Programmes Centre

programme in jiffy bag!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
programme in jiffy bag!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
botanybaykid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:03 am 
Post subject: programme in jiffy bag!

Why, oh why do people send one/two programmes in a jiffy bag way to big and no protection inside it. I might work as a parcel but not one programme.
Just recieved through the post a programme I required only for the postman to fold it in half to get through the letter box.
Yes I know the postman shouldn't but the point I'm getting at is that the jiffy bag is no good protecting a programme from damage.
Espically if nothing like "Do not bend" or "fragile" is written on it.
I send all my programmes, tickets, photos in hard back envelopes, they cost roughly the same anyway.
I send badges and coins in jiffy bags.
I now have a programme which is worthless and have to get another one.
Kick Off Programme

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:49 pm 
Post subject:

Agree with you, we always ship in either a board backed or board reinforced envelope, it pays dividends, and reduces complaints!
tangerine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:12 am 
Post subject:

Even if the Jiffy type bag is a 'reasonable' fit for the programme, my personal experience is that, often there is some degree of damage when receiving them. Board backed is no guarantee for anything, but far better than jiffy bags.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:26 pm 
Post subject: Post & Packing

I always ask every seller "to send in a board backed envelope OR SIMILAR to avoid bending/folding in the post" and over the years 99.9% have complied in one form or the other.

A pet hate is someone sending an item without putting it in any other bag and just putting in the envelope so as you do not know until it is opened so extra care has to be taken and then one of my other pet hate is having to get the item out of one of those horrible cheap plastic pockets that the seller has put it in and used 2 rolls of sellotape in the bargain!

Laughing

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
ntw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:10 pm 
Post subject:

I must admit, taped up punched pockets really wind me up: why people insist on this I don't know, as it's a recipe for disaster having tape knocking about near often fragile old paper.

The other one is excessive parcel tape on the envelope, such that you can't peel it off, and have to resort to cutting the thing open: never had a mishap (touch wood), but always puts my heart in my mouth!! No
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:31 pm 
Post subject:

I send 99% of my photos out in "horrible cheap plastic pockets" but they are waterproof and I never ever use any sort of sellotape on them - a simple fold at the top secures them perfectly well - it really winds me up when I open incoming mail and it's got sellotape on it, which is either invisible or plastered all over. So I never inflict that misery on my customers.

I suppose an alternative to cheap pockets would be to buy horrible expensive plastic pockets and charge the customer for them. I'll think on that.

And again on 99% of my orders I use a brand new board-back envelope - I hold 4 different sizes in stock for that purpose. On occasion I put another sheet of cardboard in on the non-boarded side. I always put brown tape over the flap and secure it further by taking it round to the front.

No customer has ever complained about the way I do this.

I've received many deliveries ex EBay and the vast majority come nowhere near my own standard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
ntw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:44 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
I send 99% of my photos out in "horrible cheap plastic pockets" but they are waterproof and I never ever use any sort of sellotape on them - a simple fold at the top secures them perfectly well - it really winds me up when I open incoming mail and it's got sellotape on it, which is either invisible or plastered all over. So I never inflict that misery on my customers.

I suppose an alternative to cheap pockets would be to buy horrible expensive plastic pockets and charge the customer for them. I'll think on that.

And again on 99% of my orders I use a brand new board-back envelope - I hold 4 different sizes in stock for that purpose. On occasion I put another sheet of cardboard in on the non-boarded side. I always put brown tape over the flap and secure it further by taking it round to the front.

No customer has ever complained about the way I do this.

I've received many deliveries ex EBay and the vast majority come nowhere near my own standard.

Sounds about the perfect way to do it to me. Just so long as you don't charge £6 P&P for it Laughing
Dorking

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:17 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:

on 99% of my orders I use a brand new board-back envelope - I hold 4 different sizes in stock for that purpose. On occasion I put another sheet of cardboard in on the non-boarded side. .

Very much do this. Glossy photos can be damaged by the stamp franking process and even the line of dots that the Royal Mail sometimes print across the front of envelopes
Rafehod

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:55 pm 
Post subject:

Sending a programme in a jiffy bag......

Well that says it all really, a seller who has given absolutely no thought whatsoever about the postal well being of the goods they are selling.

No pride in what they are doing, no passion for the products they are selling and no thought for the customers experience.

Just a mindless process, to get in a few pennies, I detest, detest, detest and despise people who use sites like Ebay in this way. Its this sort of bumhole who is bidding professional people up at auctions playing at programme selling, and giving the hobby a bad name.

I love every programme I handle, it is history no matter what club, big or small.... and for the person who has purchased it for whatever reason it means something and that is what it is all about.

Take your jiffy bags and do one!!!!!! please

Rant over, I feel better now
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: