Football Programmes Centre

Pete's Picture Palace
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pete's Picture Palace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:53 am 
Post subject: Site Update 3.7.15

Another update today, folks! Over 200 more added so the total stock now stands at 6950 original press photos on straight sale.

New additions like these..........

WBA v PNE 1954 FAC Final - Sanders & Wayman

Sir Stan, hanging up his boots for the last time

Walthamstow Avenue v Dulwich Hamlet

1970 WC Final - Tostao thrashes Carlos Alberto's shot back into the net - the culmination of the best goal ever scored?

And finally, would you buy a used car from this man?

(Ron Wilson, Port Vale - sorry mate!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
London Lilywhite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:02 pm 
Post subject:

Pete - have sent you an email re. the Walthamstow-Dulwich pic.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:52 pm 
Post subject:

I've also loaded each photo from this batch onto a Facebook page which you can see here if you fancy a quick scroll through...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.865929020140462.1073741851.431574396909262&type=3

They don't all have a description written in, nor a price.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:21 am 
Post subject:

Website updated this morning. Over 200 more added, fairly London-centric this time as 2 large collections purchased locally, so lots of Fulham, Arsenal, West Ham and (cough) Chelsea some of which have starred on EBay and a few more are destined for that honour over the next few weeks.

Here's a small sample

80's Fulham (over 40 of those)

O's v Arsenal FAC 1972

Charlton v Port Vale 1936

Sunderland 1973

Batch also visible here on Facebook but without descriptions, prices etc

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.889762604423770.1073741854.431574396909262&type=3

Have a browse on the website

http://www.petespicturepalace.co.uk/kick_off.htm
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:52 am 
Post subject:

The time has come for another site update, so there 240 more original football press photos added to the website and over 7,100 in total, all on straight sale. Photos such as this

Liverpool 1968

Alan Cousin, Dundee

Scotland 1974

Paul Walsh & Brian Horton having some fun, Luton, 1983

And about 60 Fulham with loads more where they came from not yet scanned, such as

Please check it all out and while away a few hours on these dark winter nights. What could be more fun?

And the 240 are all here on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Picture-Palace-431574396909262/
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:28 am 
Post subject:

Christmas approaches and it's time for another site update - 152 more original press photos loaded and stock now well over 7,000 on straight sale. Come and buy one!

New stock includes

Burnley 1962 before final

Tom Finney making a splash - is there a better image ever taken?

A bit of male bonding, Mexico, 1986

Leo Horn testing the pitch, Fenerbahce v Ajax 1968

Eddie Wainwright, Everton (not Jack Mansell, Pompey!)

Southend v Ipswich Div III S 1954

West Ham v Preston 1964 FACF Holden goal

Every image available to purchase via my website and also available to view here on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.940914229308607.1073741857.431574396909262&type=3&uploaded=1

I thank you all and I also take the opportunity to wish you and your families and teams a very Happy Christmas and a very successful 2016. It's been a joy dealing with you all this year - long may that continue!
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:09 pm 
Post subject: 10 years old - SPECIAL OFFER!!!

My website is 10 years old this week. Some good programming to survive 10 whole years given all the changes in technology since then, January 2006. iPhones, Google Chrome, etc etc.

Anyway, to celebrate its 10th birthday, as of right now I am offering 10% discount on any order placed between now and next Sunday 10th January, at midnight, and also for any order in excess of £10 you can have FREE postage.

So, just the 7,112 original press photos to choose from. Please have a look to see if there's anything there just for you - and have 10% off on me.

Thanks to you all for your support and friendship over 10 years and also it's been nearly 3 years since I landed on FPC. Time really does fly.

And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:42 am 
Post subject:

Hi All

I am having a new pc installed today. It's likely I'll lose my old email address book.

Can I please ask all my usual contacts to email me this evening sometime so that you are in my new address book?

Thanks in advance
Pete

Confused
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:24 pm 
Post subject:

You could copy and paste all your contacts into an email and send it to yourself? Then copy and paste it back in if you've lost it in the changeover?
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:31 am 
Post subject:

Swamped as I was by all your emails, and thank you all, I regret to advise the installation of my new pc didn't happen. The expert I got round to help found my fibre broadband to be malfunctioning and very slow, so I took it up with my suppliers, Talk Talk. They agreed and promised to sort it out within 28 days as per their directive from Ofcom.

So I am using the old pc till then and am chugging along slower than Per Mertesacker in mud. And the money invested in a new pc might just have been a waste, although my old one is 6 years old.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:24 am 
Post subject:

1966 World Cup Squad - Special Offer!!!

To hi-jack another thread, and apologies for that, but if anyone's interested I have individual action &/or portrait photos of almost all of the original squad for sale on my website - including most of the actual 22.

These are the other 18 players who made up the original 40-man squad:-

Venables, Milne, Hollins, Baker, Temple, T Smith, P Thompson, Lawler, Reaney, Bridges, Osgood, Waiters, Pickering, G Harris, West, Newton, Kaye, Hinton

For an order today I would offer any FPC readers 10% off my listed price on ANY OF THE 40 PLAYERS IN THE SQUAD, any photo, action or portrait, plus free postage for an order for 3 or more.

You can find them here

www.petespicturepalace.co.uk/kick_off.htm

Please email (mention FPC) or PM me

Thank you in anticipation
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:20 am 
Post subject:

My old website, Pete's Picture Palace, is being pensioned off. Written in 2005, and live on 4th January 2006, the warhorse has served me brilliantly in the face of new technology (iPhones, iPads, Google Chrome etc) all being invented in the mean time, so basically PPP has only worked properly on Internet Explorer on a desktop for about 5 years.

I have 6,800 photos on sale on the site today and am continuing to purchase at a rate of knots, despite disappointing days at auctions every so often.

Anyway, I am investing a small fortune on a new improved website which will be called - wait for it - Pete's Picture Palace !! I know people don't like change so my developers were intrigued when I said "Don't change much!" It will therefore be the same - but different! And much, much better. That's what my developers are promising.

All this will happen, if all goes to plan, on Friday 29th July, but before then I have a day at my developers (in Cheltenham) this coming Wednesday 20th. I have about 550 "new" photos to upload so they are the testing ground for the new technology, that's when I shall learn how to do it all - I'm not the best at all his new-fangled stuff so wish me luck!

And fingers crossed, Friday 29th will see the re-launch of Pete's Picture Palace Mark II.

And here are a few of the new arrivals:-

Wolves win League Cup, 1980

West Ham v Birmingham 1977

Spurs at Birmingham 1962

Real Madrid v Juventus EC q/f replay 1962

Mansfield Town 1968

Morecambe v York City, FA Cup 1st round, 2nd replay at Maine Road, 1966

Liverpool 1974

Forfar Athletic c 1992

Jackie Ashurst, Leeds, 1987. I think I agree.

holtie96

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:12 am 
Post subject: Ppp

Hope all goes to plan Pete can't wait to seethe new 'old' website, good luck!
Thumbs Up
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:41 am 
Post subject:

Thanks Holtie - nor can I !!!

I meant to say, it's still "business as usual" on the old website until the big day, so 6800 press photos are still on sale.

Quite keen to move some so let's say for the next 7 days (ie until midnight Sunday 24th July) all orders get 10% off and if over £20 then free postage also.

Cheers!
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:11 am 
Post subject:

Good luck with the new website Pete, you mad 'techy' you. Thumbs Up
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: