Football Programmes Centre

England
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
England
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:55 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Leslie.

The International game is much slower and more methodical than the domestic game.
Unfortunately tempo is the only weapon we have in our arsenal, hence why the only tactic our coaches have in their locker is to "move the ball faster."

Once any cute foreign opposition slow the game down, England are not only stuffed, they're invariably beaten.
We never seemed to fathom this.

Our players have never lacked basic ability, just the game intelligence needed to truly be a world class talent.

It's exactly why so many major foreign club sides are so disinterested in our "world class" talent.
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:59 pm 
Post subject:

If Southgate is the answer, it must have been a very stupid question!

May be incorrect with this but was it Vincent Kompany who said Belgium play the same system from under 16s to national first team? ie anyone stepping up plays the same way, improves and moves on.

Didn't the England Lionesses come third in the World Cup?? Maybe a shout out to the England Women's Manager ....

Cool

Eddie Howe would be my choice but please NOT G. Neville!
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:41 pm 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:

Our players have never lacked basic ability, just the game intelligence needed to truly be a world class talent.

It's exactly why so many major foreign club sides are so disinterested in our "world class" talent.

I think the reason they are disinterested is down to ££££

Players pick up insane wages in England that would not be matched elsewhere unless you're another Bale.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:13 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
littlewiggy wrote:

I think the reason they are disinterested is down to ££££

Players pick up insane wages in England that would not be matched elsewhere unless you're another Bale.

I disagree mate.

In the 60s, 70s & 80s the shoe was on the other foot and the big money was abroad, and aside from the odd exception (like Bale now, Charles, Keegan, Lineker then), they still weren't interested in our "stars."

They never have been because our players on the whole just don't have the mentality or intelligence needed.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:35 pm 
Post subject:

The worlds moved on from those days, the EPL, and the Championship, offer huge sums of money compared to the top divisions of many nations. Why do you think the game is stuffed with overseas players?

If you're 21 and getting paid £12k a week by Watford, why move to Wolfsburg for £6k?

Unless you are an exceptional talent (Bale) and therefore attract the glamour clubs (Real) and the glamour signing-on fee and salary, then British players invariably players stick to the big wages at home.

The only recent exception I can think of from a Scottish point of view is Sporting Lisbon signing Ryan Gauld from Dundee Utd a couple of seasons back on a 6 year deal. He's still playing in their B team though and might be going out on loan to......a Championship club.
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:32 am 
Post subject:

Fear not.
Once you arrive home after complete failure, what better to do than post pictures of your jewel encrusted bathroom on social media.
Really says it all for me.
Five and In

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:26 am 
Post subject: England

gfcpaul wrote:
Fear not.
Once you arrive home after complete failure, what better to do than post pictures of your jewel encrusted bathroom on social media.
Really says it all for me.

No matter how many silver toilet lids Sterling can afford, he will never be able to buy any class!
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:40 pm 
Post subject:

It can never be Hoddle not for footballing reasons but for what he said about disabled people in life. Venables would be good again even if in consulting role but that will also never happen. Too many suits with no faces and no experience of playing football at fa in London who do not want a man who will challenge them and say no to them and destroy them from their beautifull freeby bubble they're in. This goes back to Clough in my view and why he wasn't appointed when he should have been. Greenwood was decent but was a yes man. Robson the same decent manager but a yes man. Taylor pathetic but a yes man. Venables not a yes man and the closest since Ramsey to winning a tournament with England. Hoddle lost in when he talked about Eileen amongst other things. Sven over rated and not used to our media culture and fa culture in London. Cappello let down by players who couldn't take his discipline and fa insiders who feared him and stitched him up. Woy yes man who failed in every department and spectaculary failed in that. Should have gone after world cup but cause he's a yes man they kept him. Southgate is a no no he's a yesman also. I don't know who they get, I don't care about them anymore. NO PRIDE NO COMMITMENT NO PASSION NO EMOTION NO HEART. When they ask howmuch their appearance fee's are then you know it's over before it's begun. Well done Iceland showing England everything they lack now. Why should all the other home natons form up a GB Team when they'd have to carry self absorbing pathethic only important in their own minds England players ? There is a lot you can suggest and bounce ideas around but if I could I would bring back home international series for a start played on old basis also. Now that would put atleast pride back in place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: