Football Programmes Centre

Euro Pundits
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Euro Pundits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:43 pm 
Post subject: Euro Pundits

Whilst watching the game on monday night around at the neighbours,and inbetween asking questions such as 'why can't Henderson ever put in a decent cross' and 'is Vardy still on the pitch', conversation suddenly lurched towards the TV Pundits and who's been good and who should be doused with a can of petrol and set alight.

Now there's plenty to go out.

Shearer, Jenas, Henry, Rio, savage, Danny Murphy, Hartson, Kilbane, Lawro, Dean Saunders, Lennon, Kompany, Bilic, Matheaus, Petit, Wright, Lee Dixon, Crouchie, Hoddle, Aluko and Richard Dunne.

There are probably many others, just shows you where a good agent can get you.

Collectively, the ensembled mates were in agreement that they rather liked Bilic, despite being manager of West Ham, they weren't going to hold that against him.

So who's impressed and who should be first up against the wall come the glorious revolution?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
wandererpaul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:42 pm 
Post subject:

I've always liked the way Danny Murphy tells it to you staright. No faffing about. An honest pundit. One to keep.

Bilic has been fun and interesting.

I don't mind Henry, although he's a cheat. Smile

Rio has been ok.

Hartson, Wright, Hoddle and Crouch you can listen too.

The others, it's a big no..... Smile
sellsell39

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:55 pm 
Post subject:

With me not being able to "watch" every game, I have been "listening" to some afternoon matches when I am out and about in the van.

Chris Waddle and Danny Mills (5Live ?) have been very good to listen to i feel.

On another note, I personally can't listen to tv commentator Johnathan Pearce and have to turn over instead.

However, Martin Keown and Danny Murphy I like.

Just my thoughts thats all.

Last edited by sellsell39 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Five and In

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:57 pm 
Post subject: Euro Pundits

Hoddle is always good to listen to .
Bilic is passionate and good value.
Rio talks sense.
Wrighty seems more sombre than usual. I normally like his passion, but this time around he needs a spark - maybe from a good England win?
Matthaus is dull.

I agree with sellsell about Jonathan Pearce. Around 25 years ago he was a radio commentator for Capital Gold in London when I lived there and he covered all the London sides. Back then he thought he was a South American and screamed gooooaaaallllllllll at every opportunity.
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:01 pm 
Post subject:

Bilic is amazing and wonderfully valuable and insightfull in his comments. Emmanuel Petit has impressed me with his contributions also. Ian Wright will give honesty yet happy over the top sometimes comments. Henry bores me Shearer does my head in. I want excitement and people that make the game worth watching can build it up and make me want to watch it and then sit and listen to what they have to say. Slaven Bilic has done that along with Ian Wright.I would have loved to have seen Cantona doing his bit also. Where is he ????? Gianluca Vialli also is good at BBC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:03 pm 
Post subject:

Tell You who else is also good and getting better at the punditry lark. I love him for his upfront honesty and passion. Stan Collymore on talk sport.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:28 pm 
Post subject:

efcbluenose wrote:
Tell You who else is also good and getting better at the punditry lark. I love him for his upfront honesty and passion. Stan Collymore on talk sport.

Found it funny that Stan the man was filming on his phone, in France, last week describing 'how it was all kicking off in the bar'.

Well, if anyone knows how to kick off in a french bar, its him

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:20 pm 
Post subject:

Another big "thumbs-up" here for Billic, I could listen to the bugger all day long.
He's been a breath of fresh air.

Spud (Danny Murphy) I can tolerate, but as a co-commentator he's up there with Owen in the snooze stakes.
Never thought I'd say it, but those two are even worse than Beglin.
And I say that as a closet Red.

Which leads me onto Hoddle, his Tottenham bias spoils anything meaningful he has to say, I do kind of enjoy him though, but can't take the chap too seriously after Eileen Drury and the disabled stuff.

Henry, great player, great guy, but rarely says anything that engages me.
Lothar Matthaus I like.

The biggest loss to the Beeb has been Ireland qualifying.
Martin O'Neill is superb entertainment as a pundit and normally better fare than the game he's commenting on.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:28 pm 
Post subject:

PS. Jonathan Pearce.

Honestly can't stand the guy.
The games he does are the only ones I've watched on mute if the red button offers no alternative.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: