Football Programmes Centre

ebay seller
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ebay seller
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reds4ever

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:05 am 
Post subject: ebay seller

here is some1 that sells mostly football programmes on ebay his user name is thenanking he has got some stuff for sale
Dellboye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:10 am 
Post subject:

Is it you?
reds4ever

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:14 am 
Post subject:

nope he sells manchester united programmes and stuff here is one of his items 190347163852
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:13 am 
Post subject:

reds4ever,

There are currently 187,766 programmes on ebay with tens of thousands of sellers. To start a thread saying "here is some1 that sells mostly football programmes on ebay his user name is thenanking he has got some stuff for sale" is of no use to anyone. Besides which, he currently has 9 listings on ebay and 5 of them are not for programmes.
Senior82

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:16 pm 
Post subject:

reds4ever wrote:
nope he sells manchester united programmes and stuff here is one of his items 190347163852

He also has negative feedback for selling fake junk.
tcno10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:53 pm 
Post subject: ebay

Craig,Barrett,

Please dont let this forum turn into an avenue for slagging off people,

2 weeks back it was Andy from Halifax,then Ian Whitt from Sheff,now its the Chinese lad from Manchester !!!!

I know all 3 of these and they are sound guys not thieves or whatever else !!
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:02 pm 
Post subject:

Senior82 wrote:
reds4ever wrote:

He also has negative feedback for selling fake junk.

If you look at his negative feed back mate ( http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/.....terval=365 ) you can see that hes had 5 negatives out of nearly 600 and 3 of these were for "selling fake junk" but you can see by his responses to the feedback that he was selling them as reproductions so never did anything wrong at all.

Another of his "negatives" was where someone left feedback as he had misjudged the postage cost. I doubt this person even contacted the seller in the first place and just jumped feet in to leave a negative.

It appears that in all these cases the buyer has been the one at fault and sadly you do get some idiots on ebay who dont use commonsense and im sure sooner or later im going to receive a negative feedback as im selling about 100 items a month on there and if anyone ever emails with a problem like misjudged postage id issue a FULL refund but one day someone wont bother to contact me and will just leave me a negative feedback straight away.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:07 pm 
Post subject:

To be fair, I dont think anyone has slagged red4ever off. I think people have passed comment on the number and nature of his posts, because it APPEARS from them that he just wanted to come on here for free advice on how to make money. The point of the forum I think was supposed to be a place where we help each other, but it wasn't a substitute for ebay. Its probably not his intention, but that's how his posts have come across to a lot of people.
tcno10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:12 pm 
Post subject: ebay

Mick,

the point I intended to make was not about reds4ever but the recent posts that have named dealers as per previous posts calling them chancers etc.

Esp when they might not be in a position to defend themselves.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:13 pm 
Post subject:

ForestMick wrote:
To be fair, I dont think anyone has slagged red4ever off. I think people have passed comment on the number and nature of his posts, because it APPEARS from them that he just wanted to come on here for free advice on how to make money. The point of the forum I think was supposed to be a place where we help each other, but it wasn't a substitute for ebay. Its probably not his intention, but that's how his posts have come across to a lot of people.

tc10 was on about people slagging off the ebay seller "thenanking", not red4 ever Laughing

It is true however that i have received a number of PMs regarded the number/nature of red4evers posts but ive not done anything about moderating them as i believe in free speech however ive been monitoring any posts to just keep an eye on them because as you say this forum is a place where people can help each other out and i most definately dont want that to change.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:17 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry tcno10, I apologise, that was how I read your post. But I would also refer to Craig's post about free speech. I think we all know that everyone who posts on here is expressing their own opinion, my only concern would be if someone expressed an opinion like that, and Craig was held accountable for someone else's remarks, thus putting the forum in jeopardy.
PennyBlake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:37 pm 
Post subject: E-Bay ratings alone mean nothing

At risk of offending I dont think the odd negative rating means a thing. Idont even look at a persons feedback most the time, only the overall number after their e-bay name.
Ihave recieved 1 negative rating in the last couple of months for forgetting to post a programme out that I sold. I made an error, I admit. Ill alsoadd that the buyer went straight to dispute which blocked my paypal account (Dont know how) so to fix it I refunded the money AND sent out the programme. He admitted the refund on the feed backbut neglected to mention Isent him the programme. Does this make me a bad e-bayer? I dont rally care.
My e-bay rating for the last month alone is 142, overal I have a rating of 1013. BTW - If you now check my rating please dont judge me on the fact I bought an Ipswich shirt, it was for my daughter who is a loyal Ipswich Season Ticket holder (We are all entitled to one bad life choice arent we?)
The point I making is dont be narrow minded when looking at e-bay ratings, look at the big picture.

As for the chap telling us about the e-bay item. It is appreciated but notneeded. I would guess that 99% of this forum look at e-bay also so if they were interested they would already know about it. But we appreciate your effort in trying to help.

Right, step off soapbox now Smile

Chairboys since 1993
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:04 pm 
Post subject:

No, I think you're right Penny. That wsas the point Craig was making, that you probs need to read the full story behind neg. feedback, instead of reading between the lines. The whole neg. feedback thing is why I stopped using ebay for a while, because people were leaving negative feedback without pursuing the proper channels (ie communicating with buyer/seller), or just for childish reasons ('you left me neg. feedback, so I'm going to leave it for you'). That's why I prefer to do with people on the forum -on the whole they are more mature and reasonable, and being fellow collectors rather than capitalists, they are more understanding.
PennyBlake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:43 pm 
Post subject:

Thank you Mr Forest. Can I just add at this point that there is a problem with my PC. My keyboard seems to miss the odd key. I think its the PC since for every 5 seconds of activity I seem to get 30 seconds of freeze. Please dont think I cant spell. There you go, Ive double checked this posting Smile

You are certainly right about the maturity of the forum users. As Ive mentioned a few times Ive only been using this forum for a short while but I can name at least 4 people who are great to work with, all met through this forum.
If you need to know anything and someone on this forum doesnt know then I really dont think its worth knowing.

Chairboys since 1993
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:22 pm 
Post subject:

I have 100% Feedback (I suppose because I always pay straight away)..

I've been forced on about 4 occasions to seek recompense and have left negative feedback on only 2 occasions - one who failed to deliver (and lied repeatedly) and another this week with the same..

12 days and non-arrival, THEN empty packages - 12 more days , NOT GOOD ENOUGH

- reply (today):

Sent, didnt get, sent again(recorded FREE) why not take the shirt off my back!!!

It might help if he'd (a) read my SEVEN messages (b) sent the item rather than an empty envelope. (c) Responded when (b) occured.

FTR the item I bought was a 2nd chance - the original was sold on 12/10 and feedback today from the winner "item arrived safely this morning" - just the 30 days later.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:24 pm 
Post subject:

I like that Penny, Mr. Forest, I might change my name by deed poll!!

The keyboard thing must be something to do with the forum, I remember someone else suffering with that (Auckinlechian?)
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:38 pm 
Post subject:

ForestMick wrote:
The keyboard thing must be something to do with the forum, I remember someone else suffering with that (Auckinlechian?)

Mad Its just cheap keyboards!!! Nod
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:26 pm 
Post subject:

ForestMick wrote:
I like that Penny, Mr. Forest, I might change my name by deed poll!!

You're right, ick, if I reeber correctly I was having problesm with the"" key.....it was a real buer for a while!
PennyBlake

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:40 am 
Post subject:

Craig wrote:
ForestMick wrote:

Mad Its just cheap keyboards!!! Nod

Its not the keyboard since it is fairly new and quite expensive. The PC on the other hand is abut 6 years old and in need of an upgrade or 10

Chairboys since 1993
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:42 pm 
Post subject: ebay seller

Not bad for a friday
Mick becomes Mr.Forest
Penny confesses to having to buy an Ipswich shirt.
Here's my addition,took all 3 of my lads to the F.A.Cup game last week,only taken Michael,my youngest(who is 6) to a friendly before cos he can't keep still.we were so bad that day that he asked me at half time if he was playing second half,this time first serious match i here him calling upstairs to my wife."Mum can i wear my Chelsea shirt
please".
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
To finish the story,no was the answer from both of us and the Chelsea shirt was a sarcastic present from a friend of mine.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: