Football Programmes Centre

Your clubs rare programmes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Your clubs rare programmes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:48 pm 
Post subject: Re: rarest progs.

nozer wrote:
Found one of the rarest progs of my wants list on ebay today Blackburn v Rochdale F.L.C. 21/5/60 bin price of £249 for a single sheet , i have never seen this before and doughted its exsistance, but unfortunatly out of my price range at the mo.

Buy it now, you may never see one again
You could sell a kidney !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
Mr poprstick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:56 pm 
Post subject: 2

wdy11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:12 pm 
Post subject:

Being a spurs fan I collect all volume programmes back to 1945 and before if i see something of good value. There has been some talk of Bristol Rovers v Gillingham @ Tottenham 1950, I saw this in FootballSportsAuctions March 2010 auction (see lot 1228) but was outbid at £100 eventually selling for £120. Still on my wants list too!!

Other rarities include Home to Lovells Athletic 1950 (which I have owned in the past but sold (£700) to raise funds to travel with)

Friendly with Arsenal 1963 January which I believe is listed in a auction currently at £3000-4000.

Home postponed v QPR 1968
Posh1959

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:01 pm 

nozer wrote:
Found one of the rarest progs of my wants list on ebay today Blackburn v Rochdale F.L.C. 21/5/60 bin price of £249 for a single sheet , i have never seen this before and doughted its exsistance, but unfortunatly out of my price range at the mo.

It is only slightly overpriced, worth around £200 in my opinion. It is actually advertised on the sheet in error as a reserve team game. The home league cup issue v Wrexham is a pretty rare.
Footyfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:47 pm 
Post subject:

[quote="MansfieldTerrier"]Don't know what's the rarest Huddersfield Town programme (unless you go to pre-war) but certainly one of the hardest to get hold of is the Charlton v Huddersfield game from 1957 - the 7-6 game. There must be loads of them about but they go for very silly prices simply because of the significance of the game. Town are STILL the only team to ever score six in a league game and lose!

By the way - I've got one! I've also got the Man City 10-1 programme too - yes, I am a masochist.

On the theme of scoring 6 but losing, the Luton Town vs Manchester City FA Cup tie in 1960/61 (28 Jan) was abandoned due to torrential rain with City leading 6-2 (Denis Law scored all 6). The game was replayed on 1 Feb when Luton won 3-1 and Law was the City scorer.
The six goals that Law scored in the first match were expunged from the record book. If they had stood the Scotsman would have finished the 20th Century as the century's top FA Cup goalscorer. Instead that honour went to Ian Rush with 44 FA Cup goals (Liverpool 39, Chester 4 and Newcastle United 1). Denis Law finished second with 41 'official' FA Cup goals to his credit (Manchester United 34, Manchester City 4 and Huddersfield Town 3).
lambie the leap

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:17 pm 
Post subject:

Bacup Borough v. Burnley, friendly from 1946/47 season. A thin, pale green 4 pager which I obtained from Sports Programmes offers about 20 years ago. Never seen one before or since, and even Mike Benyon, THE number one Burnley collector doesn't have it. Very Happy
nozer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:29 pm 

Posh1959 wrote:
nozer wrote:

It is only slightly overpriced, worth around £200 in my opinion. It is actually advertised on the sheet in error as a reserve team game. The home league cup issue v Wrexham is a pretty rare.
I did actualy read somewere that this comp the F.L.C was looked on at the time as a KO cup for reserve xi.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:30 pm 
Post subject:

A couple of years back I bought the Estonia v Scotland programme from 1996 - "the game that never was", and inside it was tucked the rare 4 pager from the re-arranged game in Monaco which fetches £40/50, that was nice!
andyfromboston

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:27 am 
Post subject:

I think the scarcest Boston home is a Testimonial v Rotherham from 2nd May 1960. I've bought probably a dozen collections of BUFC programmes over the last few years and this is the only copy I've seen, when I took it to the Sheffield Fair a few years ago there was a group of Millers collectors and none had seen it or knew of the games existence, and these were the serious collectors who had stuff going back well before the war. I knocked them a couple of photocopies out and turned down some very generous offers too!

Value wise the 2 Mather Cup games v Leeds in the late 40's always attract well in excess of £100 (the last one I had saw Mick Hewitt pay just over £200) and there's a testimonial for Fred Tunstall v Sheff Utd in 1957/8 season that used to fetch good money but now seems to have settled around the £50 mark. The 53/4 Cup match v Oldham is also £50+ when it comes up, which is very infrequent these days.....
matt blue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:37 am 
Post subject:

GreatBarrWolf wrote:
For Wolves fans it has to be the home game against Chelsea in 1951-52. When this does come around it generally fetches about £300+.
Another difficult home is the Charity Shield game against West Brom in 1954-55. This generally goes for around the £200 mark.
There's also a couple of postponed home games in the mid/late 70's against Cardiff 76-77 and Manchester City 78-79 which normally retail around the £60/70 mark.
Always on the look-out for those two if anyone has a spare!
GreatBarrWolf

What date is the cardiff one please ?

Cheers

Matt
treble99

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:08 pm 
Post subject:

going back to the start of this thread i have to ask do you count postponed programmes?
if you do you might want to consider West Ham United v Manchester United in the FA Cup which was due to be played on 15th February 1986.
I have uploaded the front cover of this programme on to my flickr site for your perusal.

look at www.flickr.com/photos/63580000@N04/sets
GreatBarrWolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:17 pm 
Post subject:

Matt Blue
The postponed Wolves v Cardiff City game was scheduled for Wed 29th December 1976 - the last one I saw of this was 3/4 years ago and it sold for £75/80.
GreatBarrWolf
The SFC Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:35 pm 
Post subject:

Our rarest ones are any before 1995 really - pre Conference. Although none of them will usually cost that much, as while there are few available, there is also very little demand for them.
MaccProgrammesWanted

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:01 pm 
Post subject:

The majority of Macc programmes are relatively difficult to get hold of pre football league. The most difficult programme to get hold of from our football league years so far was Macc v Mansfield - 2004/05 in the LDV Vans Trophy.

Other than that it has to be my Pre War programmes or the friendly against Zeeburgia FC 1947/48.
Benno Spire

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:00 am 
Post subject:

Rare Chesterfield
Chesterfield V Leeds 60/61 league cup prices from £800
Grimsby v Chesterfield 81/82 group cup ,not sure if printed
Crook town v Chesterfield FA cup 63/64
Nether field v Chesterfield FA cup 63/64
Aston Villa V Chesterfield 71/72 postponed game

I am looking for all 5 at the right price
wandererpaul

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:00 pm 
Post subject:

Rotherham United v Brentford - FA Cup - 10 January 1948. Smile

Super rare with a price tag to match. Sad
stevemcd

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 2:44 pm 
Post subject:

Birmingham City

Only going back to 1950, and excluding friendlies, 2 of the hardest are

Birmingham v Leeds 1954/55, single sheet issue, played in the rain I believe and on a weekday afternoon with a small crowd
I have never seen one of these for sale and I'm told the price range is £500+

Bradford PA v Birmingham 1960/61 LC, Single card. I was lucky enough to get mine for £100 but the next one I saw for sale went for £250.

Cheers

Steve McD
ntw

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:47 am 
Post subject:

I'm an egg chaser, but feel I can join in here!

My team, Warrington, played a pre-season friendly V. Leigh at Gresty Road, Crewe in 1956. I had been told by the guy considered at authority on these things that there was no programme for this, but then one came up at auction a few years back. I thought my £200 bid for the 4 pager was more than enough but alas no Sad

However, when another came up last year I made sure not to repeat the mistake: picked it up for about £220+ extras. Thumbs Up So I'd consider that the going rate! Presume it's so much due to Alex collectors' interest-if there's any on here, maybe they might confirm this is a tough one from their perspective too?

There's a few other tricky ones along the themes of above: single sheets, minor/poorly attended cup games, pro-am's and the like. Our first home game post-WW2 cost me a pretty penny, and by the far the most I've ever spent on a home game: but I needed it to complete my home post-war collection, so needs must Laughing

Pre-war, there's plenty I've never seen a copy for. Our game V. Australia in 1908 was considered to be our first programme, but I've recently seen a scan (source unknown!!) of a cover from our 1907 game V. NZ. Expect if that ever came to market it might set a new benchmark.
DySporting

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:36 pm 
Post subject:

Rochdale its’ the 2 league cup final programmes v Norwich

I have the Norwich v Dale one but not the Dale v Rochdale
slightfold

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:47 pm 
Post subject:

Dysporting, I have not seen a Dale v Rochdale either unless it was a pre-season trial !! Smile
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: