Football Programmes Centre

Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redTed

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:15 pm 
Post subject: Re: FSA

Ann Orack wrote:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07464963/filing-history

Click on the pdf icon at the side of the Statement Of Affairs

These haven't been updated. They look the same as the ones we received via email weeks ago.
DENBIGH

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:40 pm 
Post subject: Re: FSA

redTed wrote:
Ann Orack wrote:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07464963/filing-history

Click on the pdf icon at the side of the Statement Of Affairs

These haven't been updated. They look the same as the ones we received via email weeks ago.

The figures will be the same, it is just the Companies House website that has been updated

RedTed - How did you manage to get your money back? Did the buyer pay both you and FSA?
beebop

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:56 pm 
Post subject:

All creditors should have received a personal copy of the statement of affairs by now. It's dated 5 May; we received ours on 13 May.
Borran

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:30 pm 
Post subject:

If only I had been aware of this Website & Forum in January when I first contacted Andrew Lane of FSA Ltd ! I think it's called doing "due diligence"!

As one of the 58 Creditors I plead for everyone affected to keep up the pressure on the Liquidator, (Absolute Recovery Ltd) and actively assist Wirral Trading Standards (0151 6918638) (& the Liverpool Echo !!).

Thanks for all the (mainly) thoughtful intelligent postings.

Finally- is there anyone out there who actually attended the last Auction in Luton on 6th March?? Would welcome your comments please.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:41 pm 
Post subject:

Programme Monthly article

andrewesq

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:59 pm 
Post subject:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk.....s-11374068

The Liverpool Echo article on the matter!
Shrimper

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:53 am 
Post subject:

If the liquidators told AL not to speak - can't see why he's doing it now. On top of which, the posting back date was clearly something he would have discussed with said liquidators.
Here's a question asked by my brief, also a cousin.
Why did someone go to Doncaster from The Wirral to find a liquidator? Could he find no one closer to take on the duty, or has he had previous with Absolute?
kcs

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:56 pm 
Post subject:

The website is still live!!

It really isn't hard to take it down or put a notice on the site.

I hope nobody has forwarded their collection onto him since he has gone into liquidation - surely accepting any item would be illegal.

Can't think that AL would do anything dodgy though so I guess not Shake

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
beebop

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:47 pm 
Post subject:

Shrimper wrote:
If the liquidators told AL not to speak - can't see why he's doing it now.

If the liquidator told him not to speak AFTER 29 April what's his excuse for the period from 8 March to 28 April when he ignored phone calls and emails?

We got some of our unsold items back last night. About £300 worth stinking to high heavens of stale cigarettes. No accompanying note, not a word about the almost £4000 owed to us from the items sold, no apology, not even a hint as to who had sent the boxes.
Stink is so bad that we left them in the porch overnight and they're out on the garden table now. Heartbreaking when i think of the care my husband took of his collection. Even when we moved house he wouldn't put his programmes into the storage facility with our furniture but insisted in keeping them at our son's house.
Scott86

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:48 pm 
Post subject:

Borran wrote:
If only I had been aware of this Website & Forum in January when I first contacted Andrew Lane of FSA Ltd ! I think it's called doing "due diligence"!

As one of the 58 Creditors I plead for everyone affected to keep up the pressure on the Liquidator, (Absolute Recovery Ltd) and actively assist Wirral Trading Standards (0151 6918638) (& the Liverpool Echo !!).

Thanks for all the (mainly) thoughtful intelligent postings.

Finally- is there anyone out there who actually attended the last Auction in Luton on 6th March?? Would welcome your comments please.

Yes i attended the auction in March as well as the creditors meeting in April.
Borran

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:50 pm 
Post subject:

beebop wrote:
Shrimper wrote:
If the liquidators told AL not to speak - can't see why he's doing it now.

If the liquidator told him not to speak AFTER 29 April what's his excuse for the period from 8 March to 28 April when he ignored phone calls and emails?

We got some of our unsold items back last night. About £300 worth stinking to high heavens of stale cigarettes. No accompanying note, not a word about the almost £4000 owed to us from the items sold, no apology, not even a hint as to who had sent the boxes.
Stink is so bad that we left them in the porch overnight and they're out on the garden table now. Heartbreaking when i think of the care my husband took of his collection. Even when we moved house he wouldn't put his programmes into the storage facility with our furniture but insisted in keeping them at our son's house.

Beebop - How do you know for sure what of your items were actually sold and at what prices? Did you attend auction or just listen to online service of the-saleroom.com? Without Sales Records how can we be sure what Lane has done with all our items we foolishly entrusted to him?
beebop

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:05 am 
Post subject: Sales Results

Borran wrote:

Beebop - How do you know for sure what of your items were actually sold and at what prices? Did you attend auction or just listen to online service of the-saleroom.com? Without Sales Records how can we be sure what Lane has done with all our items we foolishly entrusted to him?

Borran,after many emails and phone messages we received a "sales results report" by email on 23 March. Prior to auction we'd had a "sales notification" which listed all 101 of our lots. We simply cross ref'd.

When I spoke to the liquidator earlier this week he wasn't sure if he had results list so I sent him a copy.
If you have neither of these but can still identify your lots from the catlalogue (which is still online) I'll look for your items on our list and let you know the results. Offer open to anyone else in the same position but please bear in mind i might take some time..... ours did!
Five and In

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:23 am 
Post subject: Football Sports Auctions Limited (Again)

I have been following these threads with great sympathy for all who have been affected by it. Fortunately, for me, I am not involved.
I was reading the article posted in the Echo and a couple of lines stood out. Has anybody taken him up on this offer?

“Nothing has gone astray. People are also welcome to come and visit me to collect them.
beebop

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:32 am 
Post subject: Re: Football Sports Auctions Limited (Again)

Five and In wrote:

“Nothing has gone astray. People are also welcome to come and visit me to collect them.

Do you believe that includes the approx £100,000 proceeds of the March sale he owes to people like my husband? That's what most of us are concerned about and according to Lane's records that has most certainly gone astray!
Five and In

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:40 am 

I understand the proceeds and paperwork have gone astray and was not suggesting anything different beebop and it must be horrendous to be in that situation for all of you. I just wondered if anybody had actually been to his door to try to retrieve any items as the idea was floated on here several weeks ago.

Last edited by Five and In on Thu May 26, 2016 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
beebop

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:51 am 
Post subject: Re: Football Sports Auctions Limited (Again)

Five and In wrote:
I understand the proceeds and paperwork have gone astray beebop and it must be horrendous to be in that situation for all of you. I just wondered if anybody had actually been to his door to try to retrieve any items as the idea was floated on here several weeks ago.

Five and In, if you trawl back through this thread you'll find mention of a couple of people who did go to his house and retrieve property.
I only discovered this thread at the weekend and read right through it. There's so much of it that I can't remember everything for certain but I seem to recall mention that lane summoned the police to attend when someone called at his house.
Personally think that most people are reluctant to confront him as it might be difficult to control one's emotions!!!!
Five and In

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:57 am 

Personally think that most people are reluctant to confront him as it might be difficult to control one's emotions!!!!

beebop, I agree with that. I know I wouldn't be able to.
I hope that everybody gets their goods or money back and the bad guy in all this gets everything he should.
The strength of this forum and information shared could well prove to be the key.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:10 am 
Post subject: Re: Sales Results

beebop wrote:

Borran,after many emails and phone messages we received a "sales results report" by email on 23 March. Prior to auction we'd had a "sales notification" which listed all 101 of our lots. We simply cross ref'd.

When I spoke to the liquidator earlier this week he wasn't sure if he had results list so I sent him a copy.
If you have neither of these but can still identify your lots from the catlalogue (which is still online) I'll look for your items on our list and let you know the results. Offer open to anyone else in the same position but please bear in mind i might take some time..... ours did!

You will be able to obtain results sheets from Programme Monthly (Image of the article is posted above).

Point 7 of the article is interesting, still no books or records received from Lane as at that date. You would have thought that would have been the first thing handed over.
redTed

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:36 am 
Post subject:

I'm sure that you are entitled to have the police accompany you to retrieve goods that he has in his possession. They may not have the right to enter his property but their presence may be more than enough.
He certainly does not want the attention he is currently getting. Remember he never popped his head over the parapet until the Liverpool Echo article was published.
daiward

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:30 pm 
Post subject:

There is only one proper way to settle this fiasco but I doubt it is possible given the apparent weakness of the Liquidators.

We need to once & for all establish what AL sold & what he retains. That can only be established by knowing the buyers & what price they paid for the items. Those facts should be easy to find if our man kept proper records but I wouldn't count on it.

I for one do not believe he sold some items but 'spirited' them away. (Take from that what you like.) That includes those I am owed for from the December auction. I have listed these below & if anyone can corroborate a sale of any I will only be too glad to acknowledge my misgivings. But at the same time I would ask how much they paid & why they had not settled their bill!

So far our man has had it easy even with the increased media publicity. But if it can be proved he lied about any sale then he is in very deep water.

413 Wales Football Programme: Scarce away issue versus Czechoslovakia dated 26th May 1957 (1)
Very Good
Est: £120-140
414 Bristol City Football Programme: Scarce away friendly issue versus Jutland of Denmark (1) Fair-
Good
416 International Football Programme: Belgium versus Republic of Ireland played 10th May 1950 in
Brussels (1) Good
417 Swindon Town Football Programme: Practice Match dated August 18th 1928 Reds versus Whites
(1) Good
418 Gillingham Football Programme: Southern league home match versus Merthyr Tydfil dated 24th
April 1920. Laminated (1) Poor-Fair
Est: £100-140

I listened to the December sale online & did not note a single bid on any of the above which reserves AL had reduced from the September auction without my written permission. Funny then that when he sent the final invoice that each 'sold' for around the original agreed reserves. But with no monies.

I also purchased some lots from the September auction (Charlton Athletic Reserve items) so will pass on lot numbers & prices paid if required. They at least were paid for!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 12 of 17

Jump to: