Football Programmes Centre

New Feature : Your Wants List
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Feature : Your Wants List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:36 pm 
Post subject: New Feature : Your Wants List

Firstly, full credit for the idea behind this feature must go to Dellboye.

We have now incorporated "Your Wants List" into the website. Up above you will see a little icon with a football on and a link to "My Wants List". Here you can add all the programmes you are wishing to purchase so that other uses can see at a glance what you are after anyone who has items in their "Wants List" will have a "Wants" icon just below where ever they post a message... See mine below.

Anything you add to your wants list is also cross referenced against Football Programme Centre and if we have it available, or if it becomes available, you are notified.

In future there will also be a "Sales List" function where you can list items for sale and these will all be cross referenced also with the Wants lists - so bring Buyers and Sellers closer together than ever before. Basically the site does the majority of the work for you!!

You can start adding to your wants list here and if you require further help with this new exciting function it is available here.

Please note aswell that ive been testing this for a month or so and im pretty confident that it works without any glitches, but if you find any please let me know!!

Also, there are 600 odd teams listed into the database - if there are teams you require though, email/pm me and ill add them in for you ASAP!!

Please note. If you make use of the "Please Remember Me" function when logging into the website, you will most probably be told you need to be signed in to access the Wants List. This is because i tweaked the sign in functions last night to accomodate the new features. Please Log Out and then Log back in and it should all work fine[/b]
grantham

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:10 am 
Post subject:

Suggestion for the wants list

Would it be possible to create a new page, whereby it lists ALL programmes wanted by the users, but give us the ability to filter on either home team or away team, then for example if someone has a batch of Liverpool programmes, they can quickly see if anyone requires any of there stock ?
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:20 am 
Post subject:

Cheers for the tip Grantham - will get that sorted over the next couple of days and also set up a search function for the wants list Thumbs Up
kcs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:33 pm 
Post subject:

Yet again this guy amazes me (I too work in ict albeit a slightly different capacity)!! Craig what you have achieved with this site is nothing short of exceptional, you have my full gratitude for the countless hours of effort put into this site for us lads/ladies.

You are changed the world of programme collecting almost individually!!! I sincerely hope you gain from this in the long run( from a business point of view this site would work for any sort of collecting)

cheers once again

p.s do know this weeks lottery numbers??

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:57 pm 
Post subject:

grantham wrote:
Suggestion for the wants list

Would it be possible to create a new page, whereby it lists ALL programmes wanted by the users, but give us the ability to filter on either home team or away team, then for example if someone has a batch of Liverpool programmes, they can quickly see if anyone requires any of there stock ?

As per Granthams suggestion, you can now search and filter members wants lists at http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/football-programme-wants-search.php
Thumbs Up
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:05 pm 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:
Yet again this guy amazes me (I too work in ict albeit a slightly different capacity)!! Craig what you have achieved with this site is nothing short of exceptional, you have my full gratitude for the countless hours of effort put into this site for us lads/ladies.

You are changed the world of programme collecting almost individually!!! I sincerely hope you gain from this in the long run( from a business point of view this site would work for any sort of collecting)

cheers once again

p.s do know this weeks lottery numbers??

Thanks for your comments kcs, your cheque is in the post Nod
tcno10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:25 pm 
Post subject: feature

excellent work Craig,

really well done
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:32 pm 
Post subject:

Excellent addition to the site. Your work never ceases to amaze me.
This has got to be the most useful and helpful programme site anywhere, both from the site itself and its members.
Do they give MBEs for services to the programme collecting world? If they do you deserve one Craig.

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: