Football Programmes Centre

pennants
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
pennants

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnyp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:21 pm 
Post subject: pennants

Have some pennants i was thinking of selling on ebay. They are 60's and early 70's featuring man utd, england, west ham, liverpool and chelsea. Does anyone know if this sort of memorabilia sells well on ebay
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:31 pm 
Post subject:

Not really any help at all... But there were some Cardiff programmes from i think the 1970s that were on ebay a few weeks back... They have automatically dropped off my watch list now due to the time thats elapsed but i remember 2 sold on 2 consecutive days and i was outbid on both - Id have bid around £15-£20 for each id imagine.

Sorry i cant give any more details!
MRPROGRAMMES

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:46 pm 
Post subject: Pennants

My friend listed lots of non league, bog standard and with pin holes etc - some went for decent money. Yours are far older and bigger teams, Just list at 99p and wont cost you a bean. They will sell if you are just after selling them and some will probably surprise you !!, good luck
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:30 pm 
Post subject: pennants

Like programmes, penants have the capacity to sell well if they commemorate big games, such as F.A.Cup Finals. I was offered a "lot" of pennants at Bolton Fair the other month but my valaution didn't meet the seller's value of them, which is fair enough. Speaking to a dealer, and he'd also been offered them and offered signifcantly more than I did, and was also turned down. There were some nice ones in there, Workington and Southport from their league days.
What's unusual about the provenance of these items though is that the vast majority of them were banged up dirt cheap in some back street warehouse, and sold for pennies. Some fans even made them for themselves and friends. Nowadays, they can be a saleable commodity. Strange days indeed, when most collectors always look for some of provenance with any memorabilia they purchase, even if it's only officially club sanctioned items.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: