Football Programmes Centre

Proud of West Ham
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Proud of West Ham
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitenoize

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:08 am 
Post subject: Proud of West Ham

Great game, great occasion. Fully deserved
NWM Football

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:44 am 
Post subject: West Ham v. Manchester United - MORE PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE

Must have been an amazing evening down there last night. What a way to say farewell to a ground.

Bit of info for anyone playing "hunt the programme" ! I had been looking at the ones with ever climbing prices which have been listed on ebay given that Programme Master listed it as sold out over the weekend.

Have just taken a quick look at Programme Master's website, and guess what, they are back on sale this morning (still at the original price of £4 each + £1.50 P&P), so have ordered a bundle. I would suggest getting in quickly though, I'm sure that they won't be around for long.

(Next task is to keep an eye on Leicester's website, they are running a further batch of Saturday's programme v. Everton !)
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
se20blue

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:38 pm 
Post subject:

But not of West Ham co chairman David Sullivan.
Quotes from BBC website

Speaking immediately in the wake of the incident, West Ham co-chairman David Sullivan denied the coach had been attacked.

"There were people around it and people were being pushed in all directions but there was no attack on the coach," he told BBC Radio 5 live.

When told there were images on social media of bottles being thrown towards it, he replied: "If you check the coach, there won't be any damage."
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:18 pm 
Post subject:

Basically Sullivan was blaming it all on the Manure team for arriving late!

Once a knob, always.................
Theresonlyoneutd

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:12 pm 
Post subject:

whosbrianwilson wrote:
Basically Sullivan was blaming it all on the Manure team for arriving late!

Once a knob, always.................

Manure..... And you call Sullivan a knob...
capetown3673

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:23 pm 
Post subject:

Adrian Durham on Talk Sport, says the game should be replayed because the behaviour of the West Ham fans clearly affected Manchester United.

I totally agree with him.

To be even fairer to Manchester United, what I think should happen is ;;replay the first 45 minutes when United were crap. allow the 2 goals in the first 30 mins of the second half,when they seemed unaffected by their trauma, then replay the final 15 minutes when they were crap again.
Theresonlyoneutd

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:34 pm 
Post subject:

No the game should not be replayed and add more shame to what MUFC fans already feel.
Shame that we have a manager that allows players before a very important game to be pissing about with mobile phones,shame that the film was uploaded to social media before we had even gone 0-1 down,shame in a bunch of spineless bastards living in a pampered world hiding on a floor.
No leaders on that bus and certainly not on the field of play-this was always going to happen,West Ham have never lived down utd taking over UPTON park and watching us smash the World Cup winners 6-1 to claim the title-the bus was a sitting target as was the reports coming back of normal matchday fans being terrorised by people who should know better..
And the worst thing is reprisals for next season are already being discussed
We opened the door for city in the cup semi in 2011,and again gifting them the premier league title,now we have given them a route into the CL when pep would have had the unenviable task of numerous EL games..I fully expect city to be out of reach by half time on Sunday and us condemned to the europa league...no utd fan will argue we don't deserve it-we are woeful...
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:42 pm 
Post subject:

Theresonlyoneutd wrote:
No the game should not be replayed and add more shame to what MUFC fans already feel.
Shame that we have a manager that allows players before a very important game to be pissing about with mobile phones,shame that the film was uploaded to social media before we had even gone 0-1 down,shame in a bunch of spineless bastards living in a pampered world hiding on a floor.
No leaders on that bus and certainly not on the field of play-this was always going to happen,West Ham have never lived down utd taking over UPTON park and watching us smash the World Cup winners 6-1 to claim the title-the bus was a sitting target as was the reports coming back of normal matchday fans being terrorised by people who should know better..
We opened the door for city in the cup semi in 2011,and again gifting them the premier league title,now we have given them a route into the CL when pep would have had the unenviable task of numerous EL games..I fully expect city to be out of reach by half time on Sunday and us condemned to the europa league...no utd fan will argue we don't deserve it-we are woeful...

I agree entirely. Sad

if u have a classroom of unruly kids and a weak teacher then the kids become the loonies and take over the asylum, in VG we have that weak teacher. The club also has extended the deadline for the season ticket renewals, so if 4th place goes and the Final is lost then an announcement may be made to dispense with him and they will have 10 days to get everyone back in the fold announcing his successor, cynical but that is how i feel it will pan out.
If however, VG survives and leads MU into his final season[why would that happen when he failed in the first 2 and is no closer to winning a title or the Champions League] then i feel enuff may well be enuff from the masses and i think the club feels that too-hence they are perhaps simply waiting for the day after the final whether winning or not to dispense with his services so as not to upset the dressing room at the moment.

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!

Last edited by manchesterunitedman1 on Thu May 12, 2016 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:02 pm 
Post subject:

Theresonlyoneutd wrote:
No leaders on that bus
and certainly not on the field of play-this was always going to happen,West Ham have never lived down utd taking over UPTON park and watching us smash the World Cup winners 6-1 to claim the title-the bus was a sitting target as was the reports coming back of normal matchday fans being terrorised by people who should know better..

Great post and one I wholeheartedly agree with.

If that had happened a few years ago, the likes of Keane, Scholes, Neville, Ronaldo etc would have been sat there thinking ... "We're gonna destroy you for this!"
whitenoize

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:17 pm 
Post subject:

Why is always about Man Utd? I was outside the ground - nothing to be seen there - very similar in fact to what Man Utd fans did to a Man City coach a few years ago from what I hear.

West Ham were better on the night - end of.

My original post in fact related to the match and the closing ceremony. Man Utd just happened to be the opponents on Tuesday
Five and In

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:27 pm 
Post subject:

whitenoize wrote:
Why is always about Man Utd? I was outside the ground - nothing to be seen there - very similar in fact to what Man Utd fans did to a Man City coach a few years ago from what I hear.

West Ham were better on the night - end of.

My original post in fact related to the match and the closing ceremony. Man Utd just happened to be the opponents on Tuesday

The trouble before the game was always going to have mass media attention though - they thrive on it.
West Ham were terrific on the night and fully deserved the win, which in reality, should have been easier and out of sight by half time.
For a neutral, it was a great game to watch.
I felt the celebrations afterwards were good, but at times long winded. Why chat to Carlton Cole and Marlon Harewood for ten minutes when they could have got the few hundred ex players present on the pitch instead?
Maybe it was scaled down due to the delay?
Regardless the club did the old place proud with the effort they put in to put a show on and the Bobby Moore image turning the lights out was genius.
capetown3673

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:44 pm 
Post subject:

Theresonlyoneutd wrote:
Bloody hell West Ham fans wanting revenge for something that happened in !967, I would imagine most of those mindless morons fathers wern't even born, never mind the idiots themselves.

I would think West Ham consider they got adequate revenge in 1992 and 1995 by stopping the reds winning two titles. Sad really, I remember many great games between the two sides. Bobby Moore greatly respected at Old Trafford and responding to old fashioned banter about his "handbag" with a blushing smile.Modern players and fans should be totally ashamed about how they behave these days.

Last edited by capetown3673 on Thu May 12, 2016 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
daiward

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:57 pm 
Post subject:

What I always loved about West Ham at the Boleyn was it represented a place for the locals to consistently congregate en masse to support players from their own kind. I only managed one visit as a Watford supporter in 1978 but the occasion still lives with me. I can never see any other club ever able to emanate such a close circle & go on to such heights.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:20 pm 
Post subject:

Not sure West Ham can be too proud of this behaviour by a few louts who may or may not have been drunk, my own club's followers have been guilty of some unsavoury acts in the past and there aren't any clubs who can adopt a holier-than-thou attitude. Not least the victims on Tuesday night....

http://tdifh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/9-april-1995-dark-day-in-fa-cup.html

It's sad that the actions of a few will always taint the memory of such an occasion - but it's the same for any outbreak of hooliganism, for that's what it was, sadly. Just shows those awful days aren't very far away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
whitenoize

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:03 pm 
Post subject:

Not proud if that incident, which has been blown out of all proportion but so proud of the match, the atmosphere, the passion and the occasion
Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:33 pm 
Post subject:

Genuine question and apologies if it's common knowledge - Where was Sir Geoff Hurst? There are a few more I expected to see too but Hurst's omission stood out for me.

Always had a soft spot for West Ham, I've mentioned before my Grandad's claim that he appeared for West Ham Boys (although still not proven! - A.A. 'Jim' Warren if anyone has records) and now that I'm really interested he's not around to answer any questions, would've been 104 today by coincidence. I started watching at 2-1 to Man U and really enjoyed the bit of the game that I saw. Thought the closing ceremony was pretty good until the Cockney Rejects came on Laughing and the Boleyn Boy's programme that followed was worth the watch. Certainly became clear just how much Alan Devonshire was thought of.

Back to the point, why no SGH?
hydemaine

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:36 pm 
Post subject:

Every club still attracts a minority of unsavoury charecters.

My club unfortunately had one on Sunday.

A 12 yesr old boy (Arsenal fan with his Dad) was punched by what appears to be a middle aged Man after the game.

Fortunately the outrage by the majority on a City social network forum has apparently identified the assailant and reported it to the police to investigate.

Also City fans have set up a donation for the lad through gofundme and the club have found out about it and offered a v.i.p. visit for him and his Dad for next seasons match.

Although I'm ashamed of what this guy did to a child I'm also heartened that the majority tracked him down and outed him.

The majority of football fans are decent people but are still brought down by the few mindless scum.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:46 pm 
Post subject:

As long as I can remember, and thats a long time, West Ham played at Upton Park, it was never referred to as the Boleyn. When did that happen?
whitenoize

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:56 pm 
Post subject:

Ruud Van Driver wrote:
Genuine question and apologies if it's common knowledge - Where was Sir Geoff Hurst? There are a few more I expected to see too but Hurst's omission stood out for me.

Always had a soft spot for West Ham, I've mentioned before my Grandad's claim that he appeared for West Ham Boys (although still not proven! - A.A. 'Jim' Warren if anyone has records) and now that I'm really interested he's not around to answer any questions, would've been 104 today by coincidence. I started watching at 2-1 to Man U and really enjoyed the bit of the game that I saw. Thought the closing ceremony was pretty good until the Cockney Rejects came on Laughing and the Boleyn Boy's programme that followed was worth the watch. Certainly became clear just how much Alan Devonshire was thought of.

Back to the point, why no SGH?

at another function apparently, one which yield's ££££'s
whitenoize

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:58 pm 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:
As long as I can remember, and thats a long time, West Ham played at Upton Park, it was never referred to as the Boleyn. When did that happen?

It's always been the Boleyn Ground. As you might know the ground is near to Upton Park underground station (even if the ground itself is located in the boundaries of East Ham), so the name stuck I guess.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: