Football Programmes Centre

Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overlap

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:36 pm 
Post subject:

Yes, very convincing on the phone. I was one of those back in last May who finally came to their senses (thanks to fellow member Whitenoize) after assessing the various fobbings off I had had as to why my money had not been paid.

They included "non paying buyers" and, CityLink van delivery company going bust, as apparently they had been delivering FSA programmes or cash. The only reason I am going to be a few bob out of pocket now is because I did not also ask for the return of a non-sold item (totally forgot about it), which subsequently sold last September (was never paid for it).
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:06 pm 
Post subject:

Ah the non paying client. No wonder he went bust. He held auctions and non of the bidders ever paid. Of course it's stinks to high heaven , but will the authorities do anything ? About as much chance of Sunderland winning the Premiership next season.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:16 pm 
Post subject:

I did highlight this back on Page 1, a post from last year;

Tynie Topics wrote:
Regardless of circumstances, 120 days payment terms are a bit ludicrous! not good for any business.

Was this really in the T&C's, or was it another non-payment excuse? No business that I know (and I deal with many in my line of work) have payments terms of that nature,
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:20 pm 
Post subject:

Mullock's ( cough cough ) reserve the right to levy a storage charge after 10 days of £1 per day for unpaid items . Mr Lane should have followed suit. He'd be a millionaire by now Wink
overlap

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Tynie, yes in the terms and conditions, it stated:

"If the purchaser has not settled his account by 120 (One hundred and Twenty) days after the sale the items will then be re-entered automatically into the next sale or the unpaid items purchased at actual reserve prices, under bidders will also be sort."
whitenoize

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:36 pm 
Post subject:

overlap wrote:
Hi Tynie, yes in the terms and conditions, it stated:

"If the purchaser has not settled his account by 120 (One hundred and Twenty) days after the sale the items will then be re-entered automatically into the next sale or the unpaid items purchased at actual reserve prices, under bidders will also be sort."

Sort? Thought it is 'sought'? Fairly typical
Scott86

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:41 pm 
Post subject:

Its far from over for me , the proceeds from all sold items never become his assets, only the commission from the sales .... therefore his taking my money and a lot of other peoples to spend on who knows what when the money was obviously never his , the liquidation company will be going through all the business accounts to find where the money has gone and try to recuperate it .....

If the money has not gone through his business accounts (which I'm guessing it hasn't) then they don't have the power to check personal accounts etc .... BUT they are legally obliged to report any sniff of wrong doings to the right legal sources who will take it further, and obviously that's when we can report it, and that's when his personal accounts and even families accounts can be checked , if absolute recovery don't do this then they are in big trouble themselves legally so surely they will get to the bottom of this shocking situation .... I intend to take this as far and high as I possibly can and I have spoke to other people in my situation because of him and they want to do exactly the same ... It seems this could only be the start of Mr Lanes troubles
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:00 pm 
Post subject:

We need a definitive list of people and how far they want to push it. In the end if the guy is skint (officially) then you can't flog a dead horse. If we paid him a "" visit"" he'll shit himself and call the police. Not much will be achieved by that. I'd like too but we should stay legal. He can possibly be done for fraudulent trading but very unlikely . Absolute Joke liquidations are a shit , northern internet company. You get what you pay for. The Trading Standards are the only possible solution , but they would only do him for wrongful trading and he can start again tomorrow under a family members name with a number of programmes found in the bottom of a box ( cough cough ) .

This is more than an alleged crook. (I have over 20 PMS giving me stories of Mr Lane. They can't all be malicious gossip surely).
It goes right to the heart of the hobby . The big hitters. The experienced guys. This guy Lane is allegedly bent as a nine bob note. And what is shocking is everyone at the top of the collecting game knows it. (allegedly) And they all keep quiet because he gets them what they want. FFS widows. This is much much more than FSA.
Scott86

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:15 pm 
Post subject:

His business is skint not him. His wifes got a good job and paying for the liquidation fees and that was what i was told friday! A list of people will be easy to get i have names addresses and some numbers of people already. The others at the meeting were also intent in taking it as far as we can . This money from over 3 auctions hasnt vanished. If it becomes a legal matter thats when proceedings can start against him personally rather than his business. Our money was never his to spend. Im also waiting on many unsold items how he intends to get them to me i wait to hear

Last edited by Scott86 on Thu May 05, 2016 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:28 pm 
Post subject:

Can't you just request a list of creditors from the Liquidator? As I said above they should be providing every creditor with these details (and amounts owed), plus details of any assets.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:48 am 
Post subject:

"It goes right to the heart of the hobby . The big hitters. The experienced guys".

I am concerned by this statement Wullie as you now must have information with names of persons who perhaps have information that they or others were being offered items in "special cash deals" with no questions asked type of scenario, as this to me is how your comment is giving this impression-correct?

If this is indeed the case then surely any/all information on these people has to go to the authorities as if the goods sold for quick money or deals at auctions etc etc were never paid for then they have to be regarded as stolen property and that may make the Police sit up perhaps[but i doubt it] as these days only threats to persons or loss of life coupled with Racial Hatred are the only things that seem to get the Police/Newspapers interested. Perhaps the group of collectors who are badly affected with this disgraceful issue need to get some newspaper coverage both local and national?, get their MP involved?, get it into the public's face as if this happens then it may open up a wider picture and people from all over the Country could be making contact and the bigger the crime the longer the time!

Small time matters such as this[in THEIR eyes] they neither have the manpower, cash or motivation to make any meaningful effort.

I know from past experience when the ticket forgers worked this forum and got away with six figure sums but the Met was not interested and let one person get away with it, but another Provincial force was and nailed one of them and he got 2 years but the money was well hidden and no one got a penny back.

Be prepared to lose it all and anything that may come back is a bonus.

Forum member "GeorgeBest was my Hero" deserves a lot of credit as he had the bottle to go and stand toe to toe with him on his own patch as did another collector from the North West i am advised when he sold some players medals at FSA-never got paid then saw them on ebay!. They both got some of their items back but no cash.

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Wullie

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:38 am 
Post subject:

It really needs to get organised with all available evidence . but like you say Leslie , it's up to the authorities then to make the effort . It's doesn't involve race , so that's a big stumbling block. Bottom of the list of priorities . And it's all time. Something few of us have ,as most on here work. Sadly Mr Lane has plenty. And it's levels of loses . Some with a few hundred down the pan will give up easier than those with thousands. I'm going to find out in the next few days the list of people and what they are owed. At the moment i can only find members of the forum. But of course it's far bigger than that. People must realise there's no chance of getting any money. It's just a case now of proving a case of wrongful trading so hopefully this guy will give up auctions and get a job. If nothing happens he'll just start up again . It's quite lucrative and beats the hell out of work. And you never get punished. Think I'll start up myself Laughing
Wullie

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:16 am 
Post subject:

The one thing needed is hard evidence. This is where Mr Lane was clever. He would chat on the phone for ages (he had plenty of time ) but rarely if ever sent an email. I would suggest in future, when dealing with anyone is to use email. This is my preferred method. I hate telephone promises. No evidence of what was said.
DENBIGH

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:40 am 
Post subject: FSA

I note on the FSA website that it claims that all items are fully insured whilst in their care. If this is actually true then I wonder if creditors might have a claim against the insurance company. It might be something worth asking the liquidators about
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:29 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
It really needs to get organised with all available evidence . but like you say Leslie , it's up to the authorities then to make the effort . It's doesn't involve race , so that's a big stumbling block. Bottom of the list of priorities . And it's all time. Something few of us have ,as most on here work. Sadly Mr Lane has plenty. And it's levels of loses . Some with a few hundred down the pan will give up easier than those with thousands. I'm going to find out in the next few days the list of people and what they are owed. At the moment i can only find members of the forum. But of course it's far bigger than that. People must realise there's no chance of getting any money. It's just a case now of proving a case of wrongful trading so hopefully this guy will give up auctions and get a job. If nothing happens he'll just start up again . It's quite lucrative and beats the hell out of work. And you never get punished. Think I'll start up myself Laughing

Yes Wullie you have to get together everything you have so that your case will stand up as otherwise the Authorities may not be that concerned[may not anyway]but you have to try.

Also you made a comment about others knowing, big hitters, etc etc so do you have evidence of certain persons benefiting from any of this as your original remarks most certainly suggest it?

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
redTed

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:37 pm 
Post subject:

I'm not sure how stupid this character Andy Lane is, but I hope everyone who has not had their items returned, myself included, are watching all the other relevant auction sites very closely. He may try and sell goods as we speak.
DENBIGH

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:07 pm 
Post subject: FSA

Probably worth keeping an eye on his ebay account as well:
allkindsofbitsandpieces
Wullie

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:14 pm 
Post subject:

redTed wrote:
I'm not sure how stupid this character Andy Lane is, but I hope everyone who has not had their items returned, myself included, are watching all the other relevant auction sites very closely. He may try and sell goods as we speak.

Andy Lane is not stupid at all. He is very smart . If he wants to sell goods he'll have ready buyers. Believe me. Make sure you have relevant paperwork to prove ownership.
Shrimper

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:49 pm 
Post subject:

Scott 86 makes a lot of sense, and corroborates what I have been told.
If there is no evidence of accounts, the liquidators MUST report their suspicions.
Those suspicions will be that the money has been spent, and it wasn't Mr Lane's in the first place.
Mr Lane will read this and think I'm bluffing, but I have a cousin who is a solicitor and ready to help and a CAB case number ready to be triggered.
Hell will freeze over before I have exhausted every avenue to reclaim my unsold items and/or proceeds from the sale of my collection.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:17 pm 
Post subject:

We need a class action. Hopefully i'll know more next week. I'm not going the give the liquidators any peace. I'd love him to be personally responsible, but like i say, he's a crafty so and so . He's got all the time in the world to plan his excuses. Laughing
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 6 of 17

Jump to: