Football Programmes Centre

Liverpool European Cup Finals '77, '81 & '84
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Liverpool European Cup Finals '77, '81 & '84

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:16 pm 
Post subject: Liverpool European Cup Finals '77, '81 & '84

one for the LFC collectors / European experts!

Can you tell me how / why these three European Cup Final progs are so scarce?

1977 Grey cover "Italian FA" version. I believe it was available on the day of the game from various outlets so NOT Italian FA only?

1981 Real Madrid rainbow cover version. This was limited to how many?

1984 "Black Book" edition. This was definitely on sale at the airport and around the stadium so why is is so scarce / expensive!

cheers
Dave
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:32 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Dave

Happy memories hunting for these programmes!

1977 - I managed to get 2 grey copies from the VIP area in the main stand at great expense of around £3 each (at that time the average price of a programme was around 20p) I don't beleive it was available anywhere else in the stadium and is classed as a "media guide"

1981 - As far as I'm aware the rainbow issue was not available on the day of the game, at least I didn't see any other issues apart from the official one. Of Spanish origin produced by Real Madrid I only managed to get my copy 2 years after the event.

1984 - Another media guide, the black issue was not on sale in the Liverpool section of the ground but I managed to get one at the airport on the way home, I also managed to secure 3 other different issues from in and around the ground that night.

I can only assume that the scarcity of the above is due to the limited print runs and the cost. Also the 2 Rome issues would be difficult to reprint!! Sherlock

Hope this helps Wave
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:04 pm 
Post subject:

cheers Jim,
very helpful.

the 77 went for £430 on ebay last week so worth the £3 investment!!

the spanish one seems to be the rarity...

im convinced the 84 black one is or was more widely available but at least their difficult to copy!!!

thanks again

ive got most of the finals 1956 - 2015 but the above pop up at crazy prices so good to know the reasons why.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: