Football Programmes Centre

09/10 Match Attax and early 1990s ProSet Cards
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
09/10 Match Attax and early 1990s ProSet Cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:12 am 
Post subject: 09/10 Match Attax and early 1990s ProSet Cards

Im buying the current 09/10 Match Attax cards for my 5 year old son and hes loving collecting them but i cant believe how many there are to collect!!! Is anyone else having as much trouble as me buying these?!

I cant even get my head around but i think there are 320 normal cards, then 60 Man of the Match cards which would equate to what i used to call "shineys" so they are slightly harder to come by but youd probably get about 1 a pack (6 cards in a pack for 50p by the way). Then you have your 20 manager cards, there are 20 or so limited edition cards - some of these only come if you buy a certain affiliated product - like a magazine, binder, box etc. I think they also have released a 1000 Shay Given signed cards and 100 Van Persie signed cards too which could come up anywhere as far as i can work out!). Then you have "100 club cards" and these are the best players in the game. I think there are 4 of these and they go for about £10 each on ebay!!! There are also then i-cards which come in the packs, 40 of these i think, and they have a code which you enter online and i think you build up an online collection of cards then too which you have to pay more for i think.

Im pretty sure that later on in the season they release Match Attax Extra too which adds onto the collection with things like transfered players, cups you can win etc!

It really is so confusing! I remember in the early 90s i was collecting a proset of some sort (I think for a world cup) and they come in a big white folder and there was probably about 200 in all to collect - i reckon these new collections must have 600 + cards in them!!
Dellboye

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:12 am 
Post subject:

I just wait until the next season and buy the previous season album complete off ebay(except the signed ones)
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:12 am 
Post subject:

I've got almost full sets of ProSet cards from the 91/92 and 92/93 seasons, and there were over 300 cards in each of those sets.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:10 am 
Post subject:

burnley_collector wrote:
I've got almost full sets of ProSet cards from the 91/92 and 92/93 seasons, and there were over 300 cards in each of those sets.

300! Shocked I guess its just different when im the one paying 50p a pack rather than my parents buying them for me when i was a 8 year old!!

Id love to just buy last years set instead for him but i cant imagine him being impressed at all! Likewise you can buy the 320 "base" cards off ebay for about £20 which is a lot easier but as a kid all the fun comes in being given a packet after school and opening them up to see which players you've got! Sad
Senior82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:15 pm 
Post subject:

Ahhh Pro Set cards, I have the lot. There were 328 in the 90/91 set, and 479 in the 91/92 set. There were also 100 'fixture cards' at the start of 91/92 and 100 Scottish cards Smile

Edit - Should also point out that I only completed my 91/92 set a couple of years ago thanks to ebay!!
ForestMick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:25 pm 
Post subject:

I'm with you Craig. You can get a full set off ebay, but the real fun comes opening a packet with your dad, seeing what you get, and taking a massive pile of swpas to school, and having hundreds of kids following you round at school all day, trying to swap cards with you. That's the main reason I gave up teaching, never got any work done! Laughing
Dellboye

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:11 pm 
Post subject:

You could try and get a box of stickers(100 packs in each i think) off ebay. I'm not sure if it works out cheaper though.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: