Football Programmes Centre

Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:28 pm 
Post subject:

Remember Wullie, the Liquidator acts on behalf of the creditors, not the business, so if he sounds tired of it all, tough!

I'd also question why they allow these items to remain with a former Director of the company, and have not been taken into the "custody" of the Liquidator.
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:28 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers . I would recommend anyone with problems to contact Citizens Advice. 0345 4040506 as they have passed on my concerns on to Trading Standards.
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:30 pm 
Post subject:

The liquidator told me they didn't want the cost of posting the items back , and as Mr Lane was as honest man ( yes he did say that ) they trust him to return all unsold items. And these are not liquidated stock anyway . I was thinking that's a hell of a lot of postage for someone who was allegedly skint , but never mind. Fingers crossed.
I just wonder what stock actually belongs to the company . No programmes do. So maybe a printer, a pen and some paper ? I don't think that'll cover much of the £@@@,@@@ debt.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:35 pm 
Post subject:

Hmmmm……

It sounds like these Liquidators are not really hewn from the same block as the likes of PWC, Ernst & Young, Deloitte and such like! Internet Liquidators in it for a fast buck and the least amount of hassle as possible.

That said, they are governed by law and I’m really not sure they should be leaving items linked to the business in the possession of a former Director as he’s “a nice man” and they can’t be bothered with the hassle! Maybe someone with more knowledge on the subject can comment.
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:38 pm 
Post subject:

Laughing Well as i have said , if these two items turn up then i'll forget the money . If they don't then it'll drag on and on i'm afraid. The good news is if anyone sent items for the June auction or any unsold items from previous auctions they should get them back.

Last edited by Wullie on Tue May 03, 2016 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
overlap

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:41 pm 
Post subject:

Got to have a wry smile when the liquidators say they don;t want the cost of returning items to people. They could take it out of the eye-watering hourly fees that they appear to have the leeway to charge.

On that topic, there must be some assets beyond the proverbial notepad, pen and phone, or else how are Absolute Recovery going to get paid? They wouldn't have taken on the liquidation without assessing that there was something left in the FSA corpse that might produce cash.

Finally, I see the FSA website is still up. I was under the impression it was an offence to have such up and running (touting for trade as it is) when in liquidation.
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:58 pm 
Post subject:

The guy at CA said trading standards could well be interested. I fail to see what assets FSA could have . Someone in the know mentioned preferential creditors. As far as I understand, if someone has been paid before a preferential client then they could be made to pay money back. I forgot to ask the liquidator what this meant. I can't see that happening but you never know.
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:08 pm 
Post subject:

I was also told Mr Lane owes himself money and so he could possibly be first in line to receive any money. Possibly. Laughing Well it's all speculation at the moment so time will tell .
wandererpaul

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:47 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
The guy at CA said trading standards could well be interested. I fail to see what assets FSA could have . Someone in the know mentioned preferential creditors. As far as I understand, if someone has been paid before a preferential client then they could be made to pay money back. I forgot to ask the liquidator what this meant. I can't see that happening but you never know.

Preferential creditors are usually HMRC (tax and vat). I don't think anyone else gets preferential treatment bar Government agencies.

All other creditors have to accept an amount per £ that will be raised from any assets, which doesn't look like being much.

I hope you, and the others out of pocket, get their items returned that weren't sold. As for the items that were, then the issue of; where has the money gone? Will be raised. As you've stated already, hall hire and the hire of an auctioneer can't be that extortionate.

Feel for everyone that's been taken for ride. Hope things sort themselves out.
redTed

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:39 am 
Post subject:

Sorry about my ignorance in these matters, but who exactly appoints the liquidators ? If it's a voluntary liquidation, then isn't that Andy Lane himself ? That sounds dodgy to say the least !
We have been in touch with Absolute Recovery and they appear to not give 1 f*ck about the creditors.
Just saying they trust Andy Lane to return items to their owners is not exactly helpful as we were the muppets who trusted him in the first place to auction our stuff.
Are there no reports of criminal charges being pressed against Andy Lane yet ? He must be as close as it is possible to be to fraudulent activity.
dangerman

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:47 am 
Post subject:

someone I know knew some lady who's husband died and had quite a bit of football stuff and someone from FSA came around to have a look at the items and they took what they wanted but I don't know if she got paid or not for the items
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:24 am 
Post subject:

wandererpaul wrote:

Preferential creditors are usually HMRC (tax and vat). I don't think anyone else gets preferential treatment bar Government agencies.

All other creditors have to accept an amount per £ that will be raised from any assets, which doesn't look like being much.

I hope you, and the others out of pocket, get their items returned that weren't sold. As for the items that were, then the issue of; where has the money gone? Will be raised. As you've stated already, hall hire and the hire of an auctioneer can't be that extortionate.

Feel for everyone that's been taken for ride. Hope things sort themselves out.

Following the creditors meeting, shouldn't all creditors be provided with details of the companies assets, liabilities, and a list of creditors, in writing, together with the Liquidators assessment of likelihood of settlement?

May take some time for that to happen though.
DENBIGH

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:51 am 
Post subject: FSA

This is quite intersting from the Abosulte Recovery website

http://www.absolute-recovery.co.uk/dosanddonts.html

I wonder if Mr Lane read any of the 'Don'ts'?

I see that the FSA website is still active and still asking for consignments
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:21 am 
Post subject:

Absolute Recovery sound more like absolute joke . We wait and see.
Let me tell you a true story. I got a call from Mr Lane in February . Obviously i was after payment from September auction. Quickly he changed the subject to his March auction. He told me a Fantastic collection of Sunderland programmes were going to be in the sale. Now these were his very words. "" It is a great collection. Almost complete . THE GUY MUST HAVE SPENT YEARS BUILDING IT UP ""
Now you do not build the sort of debt FSA are in overnight. He must have known he was in very serious trouble. The March auction was last chance salon. To admit a collector had built up painstakingly a collection over years and now there was a very very good chance he would not receive a penny for it. Whether it actually ended up in the auction i can't say.
Well this is the man Andy Lane. I regret the silly name calling with hindsight was wrong of me, but emotions got the better of me. But just by sticking with the truthful facts is enough. If i ever get a penny back or not no longer matters. I can only say what is fact and let others decide if this is a man they want to do business with in the future.

Last edited by Wullie on Wed May 04, 2016 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:49 am 
Post subject:

I very much doubt anyone will get any money at all from what i hear. If you want items returned best turn up at his house like our friend did one Sunday morning. But expect him to use the full force of the law. Oh the irony. The only hope is he is done for wrongful treading ,and that just stops him from being a company director. That means nothing we know.
My fear is someone else will pop up again . Not everyone reads the forum , like Dangeman said , little old widowed women are vulnerable. That's got to be the prey. And i hate to say it but established collectors won't give a shit as long as they obtain nice items for their collections.It's shocking really. It's happening all over place. I see lots of letters every week sent to Australia . Suckers letters they are called. Little old ladies sending off their bank details because they think they have won a lottery. Royal Mail won't stop it because it's income on sale of stamps. The disabled mother in law gets phone call every day from people saying they are the internet company, and want access to her computer. Nothing done about it. Society Stinks.
DENBIGH

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:09 pm 
Post subject: FSA

Wullie, unfortunately I think you might be right when you say you will not see the money owed to you, but if enough people complain to Trading Standards then they may take action

http://www.getreading.co.uk/ne.....ds-8822003
Scott86

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:44 pm 
Post subject:

The thing im still confused about is when did the money from our possesions become his assets...so he was able to use the profit to pay off his other debts. Surely its illegal somewhere down the line.
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:07 pm 
Post subject:

I really feel desperately sorry for anyone who has lost money through the actions of this crook, but I have to ask the question why, when this forum alerted us all to Mr Lane's "issues" back in May 2015, did anyone entrust their valuable pride and joy to him.
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:15 pm 
Post subject:

He has no assets I've been informed. So years in the auction business leaves you with a company, thousands of pounds in debt with no assets?
Not a business to be in then. So obviously we won't see Mr Lane again . Sherlock
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:23 pm 
Post subject:

whosbrianwilson wrote:
I really feel desperately sorry for anyone who has lost money through the actions of this crook, but I have to ask the question why, when this forum alerted us all to Mr Lane's "issues" back in May 2015, did anyone entrust their valuable pride and joy to him.

Very good point. Only myself to blame there. I'm not a vulnerable old lady .To be fair there were just the odd rumor about the odd late payment .
I made a fatal decision based on his website, his chat , and the fact he had a auction in September. I kept checking the forum , but nothing seemed out of order. Had i spoken to a few people here i'd have never gone anywhere near the alleged crook. Funny enough he is very well spoken on the telephone, but looking at his photos he looks a right old crook Laughing
Yes i blame myself for rushing into it too quickly , but at the time it seemed the thing to do.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17

Jump to: