Football Programmes Centre

Man. Utd. v St. Etienne, ECWC1, leg2 @ Home Park,5.10.77
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Man. Utd. v St. Etienne, ECWC1, leg2 @ Home Park,5.10.77

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ForestMick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:03 pm 
Post subject: Man. Utd. v St. Etienne, ECWC1, leg2 @ Home Park,5.10.77

Hi All,
I have a copy of the above programme that I am trying to sell for a colleague who knows nothing about programmes. It is for the 1st round, 2nd. leg of the Cup Winners Cup game at Home Park, Plymouth, after the initial game at Old Trafford was abandonned due to crowd trouble. He was told that this game was held behind closed doors, so believes this programme to be quite rare. The programme itself is in ok condition, with a slight tear on the bottom right of the cover, and slight wear on the spine. Just wondered if anyone was interested in this, and if you have any idea about value, your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks,Mick.
foxes1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:56 pm 
Post subject: Man Utd v St Etienne

Programme is worth about £1.00 at the most, it wasn't played behind closed doors. It was played at Plymouth because of crowd trouble at the 1st Leg in France.
andyfromboston

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:05 am 
Post subject:

I've 2 mint copies of this programme, one with a ticket if I remember correctly.

The gate was about 35,000, UEFA insisted the game be played at least 200 miles from Manchester.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:56 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the info Foxes and AndyfromBoston. I had no idea, but he was under the impression that the game was played behind closed doors, and it was worth £50-£100!!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: