Football Programmes Centre

ebay programmes no show
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ebay programmes no show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
botanybaykid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:10 pm 
Post subject: ebay programmes no show

If someone can help me it would be very appreciated.
In September 2015, I put in a best offer on an auction on ebay, for the complete (48 programmes) Rugby world cup 2015. They agreed and said that they will be sending them to me when the competition finishes at the beginning of November. No problem with that.
Come mid November the programmes started to arrive in one/two a week. Then the near end of January I recieved my 15th programme when they dried up. I gave it about two/three weeks before sending an email, but no reply, then I tried through ebay and found that they were no longer a registed member.
I contacted ebay and they came up with "no can do, been over 60/90 days since transaction". Tried paypal but as it was over 30 days also no go. I have sent a letter to their address, recorded delivery and I know they have recieved it, got their scribble.
They were dealing in pre-order programmes and based in Ireland and I have dealt with them before with no problems. Can anyone point me in a direction that won't cost me money. I just want my programmes.
Thanks for your help.
Five and In

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:43 pm 
Post subject: ebay programmes no show

Trading Standards might be worth a phone call, but how much involvement they would have would probably be dependent on how they classed their business.
As they have failed to deliver on the full order, they have not kept up their end of the transaction, which will still be shown as a legally binding contract on your purchase history on Ebay.
I might be missing something here, but why were they sending them in dribs and drabs anyway?
botanybaykid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:37 pm 
Post subject:

I recieved the following email

"Adrian, just to let you know programmes starting to go out. The programmes are going out in packets of 1's and 2's. This is due to the fact that earlier collections have apparently arrived with custumers damaged so this is the best way to ensure they arrived safely with you as i wouldn't have programmes to replace any damaged ones."

As I said, I had dealt with them before so I wasn't worried.
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:40 pm 
Post subject:

Paypal claims can be made for up to 180 days now, it used to be 45 days but was increased a while back, i'd open a claim with them.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:47 am 
Post subject:

botanybaykid wrote:
As I said, I had dealt with them before so I wasn't worried.

I think your post above might suggest otherwise!

It’s six months since the final ball was passed/kicked, and yet you only have half the programmes, that is absolutely abysmal service in anyones book and their communications seem to leave a lot to be desired. Why did they close their ebay account and effectively go to ground?

I wouldn’t be so sure that you’ll ever see all the programmes, and I would open a PayPal dispute if you can as suggested by Cossie.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: