Football Programmes Centre

New Flickr site Everton
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Flickr site Everton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonlight dribbler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:35 pm 
Post subject: New Flickr site Everton

Not really a programme site more a general collection of the team i support. Still work in progress as a number still need descriptions adding to them.

www.flickr.com/photos/136434902@N07/albums

Hope the link works
wandererpaul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:52 pm 
Post subject: Re: New Flickr site Everton

moonlight dribbler wrote:
Not really a programme site more a general collection of the team i support. Still work in progress as a number still need descriptions adding to them.

Hope the link works

A nice collection. Thumbs Up

Keep it going. Smile

Just be careful with some rarer pictures, some people copy/download them and then sell the copies on eBay etc etc. If they're unusual or rare, I'd be inclined to watermark the pictures. Wink
NWM Football

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:29 am 
Post subject:

Nice stuff. Have a soft spot for Everton, mainly as a result of a very special day back in 1998. 'Proper' club.

Me and the wifey were on holiday in North Wales that summer, and though the missus has no direct interest in football, she does like doing stadium tours. So we arranged to head across to Merseyside on the Wednesday of our holiday.

We'd done Anfield in the morning, and then strolled up to Goodison in time for the tour we had booked. Only there was a bit of problem. It was the day that Walter Smith was appointed as manager, so regrettably, they had cancelled all normal tours.....except ours !

They'd realised that we'd specifically arranged it as part of our break, so we were greeted by the wonderful gentleman who I recognised as Dave Hickson (I'd remembered seeing him in the veteran's game prior to the '95 Cup Final, so he was chuffed that I knew who he was !), and I can only say that for the next hour or so, we were treated like royalty.

It was a very special couple of hours which we still occasionally talk about, and although we realised he was well into his eighties by then we were both quite sad to hear of Dave's passing a couple of years ago. What an absolute credit to Everton Football Club that man was. I'm sure he is still much missed at Goodison Park.
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:35 am 

Hope the link works

You have some very nice items indeed for sure!.

Keep up the good work a flickr site is what you want to make it and does not have to be in any particular theme, you are chronicling your club's history via numerous forms of memorabilia-fantastic to see.

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
moonlight dribbler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:48 am 

Thank you for the replies...

wandererpaul ... I know exactly what you mean regarding the copying and selling prints of rarer items on ebay, I had thought about a watermark on the photos but decided to leave them as clear as possible.

NWM Football ... Dave Hickson is very fondly remembered of at Goodison. Your story tells exactly what the many supporters he greeted at Goodison say about the man.

manchesterunitedman1 ... It's over 20 years since I last sold you a programme (1953-54 Everton United Youth Cup), around the time I sold up my decent collection of Everton programmes etc (which is why i tend to stay away from the programmes as i will never get back what i had then). If i remember correctly we spoke on the phone about new collectors starting up in the hobby and how hard it was for them with the higher prices coming in and the scarcer the older items getting to find.

Touching 60 years old now but i don't think you ever really stop being a collector and that's why i started buying the odd few items again around 4 years ago.

Regards
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:16 am 
Post subject:

don't think you ever really stop being a collector and that's why i started buying the odd few items again around 4 years ago.

Music to my ears - thank you for your past business Mr Dribbler! I had a good look at your 1966 Cup Final photos - a wonderful collection. Hope I can find some more for you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:26 am 
Post subject:

"manchesterunitedman1 ... It's over 20 years since I last sold you a programme (1953-54 Everton United Youth Cup), around the time I sold up my decent collection of Everton programmes etc (which is why i tend to stay away from the programmes as i will never get back what i had then). If i remember correctly we spoke on the phone about new collectors starting up in the hobby and how hard it was for them with the higher prices coming in and the scarcer the older items getting to find".

Blimey, i remember it now-here it is with a few other Everton v United items.

I have had to sell up twice over time but somehow kept coming back and you are 100% correct-you NEVER stop-it's in yer blood!
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk4JaF96

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
andrewesq

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:33 am 
Post subject:

Fantastic site, will follow, really enjoyed looking through the card collection - did they take a while to scan in ?
PompeyPhil

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:51 am 
Post subject:

Cracking Site........ Clap
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:03 am 
Post subject:

Great site

A labour of love .......

If you need anything from my site......Its all free to download

pete

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:24 pm 
Post subject:

Very good collection and a nice variety of items.

Have bookmarked it and will keep popping back.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:04 pm 
Post subject:

Superb site Moonlight, loved looking through your tickets in particular.

I have most of our 80s cup games against Everton, but still need the 1982/3 FAC Replay at Goodison [11/1/83] should you ever get a spare mate.

(I live in hope of the 1974 Brian Harris Testimonial ticket surfacing one day too)

overlap

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:34 pm 
Post subject:

Fantastic site, and full of interest to non-EVertonians. Great photos, you could also put a coffeevtable book together from those fascinating pix.
FinnHarpsHistory

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:42 pm 

Hope the link works

Nice site and neat collection. Lovely to see my club Finn Harps represented in the ticket section!
moonlight dribbler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:43 pm 

Many thanks for all the kind comments.

Andrewesq ... If you scan say 10 / 12 cards then crop them individually then load them on to flickr it does not take too long at all, you just have to be in the mood for doing such things and the reward is there for you to see at the end.

PompeyPete ... Had a look at your site over the last year or so at the Everton reports, great effort. I made a decision early doors only to include items that belong to me on this site so that I could use it as the ultimate got / not got reference go to. Appreciate your kind words.

Littlewiggy ... Much obliged, will look out for the Newport Everton ticket you asked about, thanks for sharing those Everton ones you do have.

To all who have taken the time to set up their own flickr sites or web sites total respect to you. For those maybe thinking of starting one up, go for it, it's hard work, time consuming, a ball ache at times, frustrating at others, but very interesting and enjoyable and better than any written lists to keep check on what you have in your collection.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: